“Lunch specials are a good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Talavera

Talavera
Reserve with OpenTable
Talavera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 321 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Giralda Ave.
Description: Mexico.... home of Talavera, the unique fine art pottery from the 16th Century, native of the city of Puebla. This genuine and refined Mexican spirit of the Talavera art sets the ground for the spirit of our menu. From the "Huarache" grill, a series of delicate dishes served on a corn tortilla base, to a variety of regional specialties from Sonora to Oaxaca, from Michoacan to Puebla, from Jalisco to Yucatan. Talavera, the art of a genuine and refined taste of Mexico.
Coral Gables, Florida
“Lunch specials are a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went for lunch. Their lunch special at $13 was reasonable, and a good value. Service was good and prompt. I had the cochinita pibil huarache, which is seasoned, slow cooked, pulled pork on a toast resembling a sandal (huarache). The pork was tender, albeit a bit salty. The toast it sat on was not impressive. Also had a margarita on the rocks in a salt rimmed glass which was excellent.

• Visited April 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Jump off the bus and enjoy a taste of real Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Miami's jump on and jump off buses cover a city tour and a beach tour. If it's near meal time take the city tour and ask that you be left off near 2299 Ponce de Leon Blvd., then you will be about one block from Mexico (Talavera Restaurant). My bad luck was I did not have this review to flollow, and my good luck was we simply got off the bus when we were hungry and followed our noses.

Everyone treated us like old friends; and, even though they were busy, they seemed to have all day to help us with the menu. With their kind help we selected diffeent dishes, some of which we had never tried before, and all of which were marvelous. Simply prepared and full of taste with sauces that ran from mild to very hot. One tip -- don't miss the soups.

Lakeland, FL
“Very Good Service with Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Walked by here stopped on pure luck. The service was first rate. The management and staff seemed to really care how you enjoyed everything. The margaritas were very good and the guacamole kept my son content for long enough to enjoy it. We splurged for dessert and it was well worth it. I will be back when I am in the area.

Miami, Florida
“An average mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nothing impressive, especially with the fajitas that lacked some of the ingredients for that traditional Mexican plate

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Felipe S
“Wonderful food and gracious service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I first stumbled upon this restaurant in December 2012 while visiting the area. Everything from the fresh guacamole, tasty salsas and delicious huarache's to the nice atmosphere and the wonderful service made me want to come back for more - and soon! Fortunately, I had the chance of being back in Coral Gables just 3 short months later and this is exactly what I did. Talavera did not disappoint me, nor the rest of my family who thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.