“Very Good Service with Good Food”
Review of Talavera

Talavera
Reserve with OpenTable
Talavera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 370 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Giralda Ave.
Description: Mexico.... home of Talavera, the unique fine art pottery from the 16th Century, native of the city of Puebla. This genuine and refined Mexican spirit of the Talavera art sets the ground for the spirit of our menu. From the "Huarache" grill, a series of delicate dishes served on a corn tortilla base, to a variety of regional specialties from Sonora to Oaxaca, from Michoacan to Puebla, from Jalisco to Yucatan. Talavera, the art of a genuine and refined taste of Mexico.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Walked by here stopped on pure luck. The service was first rate. The management and staff seemed to really care how you enjoyed everything. The margaritas were very good and the guacamole kept my son content for long enough to enjoy it. We splurged for dessert and it was well worth it. I will be back when I am in the area.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nothing impressive, especially with the fajitas that lacked some of the ingredients for that traditional Mexican plate

1  Thank Felipe S
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I first stumbled upon this restaurant in December 2012 while visiting the area. Everything from the fresh guacamole, tasty salsas and delicious huarache's to the nice atmosphere and the wonderful service made me want to come back for more - and soon! Fortunately, I had the chance of being back in Coral Gables just 3 short months later and this is exactly what I did. Talavera did not disappoint me, nor the rest of my family who thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is not your Tex Mex type food. This is the real deal and the good is outstanding. The night we were there it was packed with locals raving about the food.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for a late lunch on Saturday, so the place was quiet and we were seated outside in the sun. The food was great, esp the green spicy sauce, and complemented with fast service. Might be a bit pricy but we had seen some good reviews so wanted to try, so check the menu before you go.