“Location and food”

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #59 of 353 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant features an exciting dining concept that merges innovative sushi and a contemporary Mediterranean Fusion Menu, with a hip, chic, modern design and an upbeat lounge-like & Hookah Bar atmosphere.
Miami, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Location and food”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were a group. Enjoyed very much the meal, the service, the atmosphere and the reasonable price. The new chef was all this restaurant needed to become perfect. We had a variety of dishes of Mediterranean and Japanese recipes.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank ABallan

“Loved the food!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very romantic. Great place for couples.
Fiy: Sit outside if weather allows, really nice and romantic!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Andrea G
Helden, The Netherlands
“Great outside dining in The village of Merrick Park”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant is located in the luxury open air shopping mall 'the village of Merrick park'. This restaurant offers a combination of Asian and Italian food. Service and food are great. Good wine choices. You can have your dinner outside which is nice and quiet. You don't feel the husle and busle from the city. We loved it here.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Pascall K
miami, fl
“Perfect date night!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had an amazing dinner at Sawa, the ambiance, service and food are all excellent! We were lucky they were offering the Miami Spice menu, we had the Greek platter and salmon tiraditos for starters, we had the shrimp and quinoa and salmon and filet mignon skewers for our entree, finished the night with a peach pannacotta and the most delicious ice cream ever! The drinks were also perfect! You MUST visit SAWA, call ahead and check to see when is their next belly dance show, as they offer shows and also have hookahs.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“My favorite Restaurant...ever!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I celebrated my 19th birthday here with a group of friends and loved eating dinner in their cozy cabanas and couches. I decided to go back with my boyfriend to eat one night

Let me make it clear that this restaurant is recommended for outdoor seating only. Indoor is crowded. Outside its extremely romantic and cozy. You also get to see a belly dace show at 10pm.

While you wait for your meal they give you some delicious hummus and pita chips to munch on. My boyfriend ordered the lobster bisque as an appetizer and it was spectacular! It wasn't overly salty (like in many other places) and it had chunks of lobster. It was perfect!

For dinner I had the volcano roll and my boyfriend had the Sawa rock n roll roll. Oh my heavens!! It was perfect! I dream about their volcano rolls. Once you have this roll mother sushi place can compete. It's truly the best (both rolls were under$14).

For dessert we had the passion fruit panda cotta. Oh my heavens they did it again! Pure bliss!
This place was perfect! And if you read some of my other reviews you know that I am picky when it comes to restaurants.

• Visited March 2013