“Excellent Food at Reasonable Price”
Review of Chu's Taiwanese Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

Chu's Taiwanese Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent Food at Reasonable Price”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This restaurant is very new in Coral Gables. They offer some unique Chinese food not easily found in Miami. The location is not very good; it's hiding around the corner of Ponce De Leon and a side street, plus there's another Chinese restaurant located 2 blocks before it. However, the food was excellent. We had shrimp dumplings, stuffed egg plant with shrimp and steamed beef tripe as appetizers. These were offered as dim sums. We also ordered a seafood soup. For entrees, we had steamed whole snapper with ginger and scallions and stir-fried Chinese vegetables. They were all excellent especially the fish; it was cooked to perfection and the server removed all the bones. I highly recommend it if you want to try some different Chinese food.

Miami, Florida
“Under New management, Chu's in the Gables is a Hit!”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Chu's has recently changed their management and with that, everything has been upgraded. I have seen at least 20 new dishes on the menu and dim sum is now being offered! They also have lunch hours now. On Monday nights they have a Karaoke event where ladies get 2 for 1 drinks from 10pm to closing. I definitely would recommend this restaurant to any of my friends. The new staff there are so friendly and welcoming. Chu is now the head chef at the restaurant so all his famous creations such as the Peking Duck are still there!

Miami, FL
“Not good at all”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

The food was hit or miss, mostly miss. In our party someone ordered Mongolian Beef because he figured it would be the safest to try. It tasted like mushy beef with no flavor. My husband tried sweet and sour chicken also something that should be easily done and the sauce tasted rancid. The best thing was what I tried, the Szechuan beef and my drink was amazing, the Asian Sangria. The place was just very odd, it did not know what it was. It was supposed to be Taiwanese, but instead it was a Pan-Asian mix. It looked like they just painted the walls of the place and decided to say it was renovated. The bathrooms were dark and looked like the doors falling off. The menu in itself was very confusing, the small plates were mixed with the appetizers and the larger plates, even though after speaking to the waitress she mentioned that the smaller plates were the same size as the larger plates. ??? The waitress could not help us with the menu, because she did not know the menu very well and therefore could not recommend anything. I knew there was something wrong when a restaurant in Coral Gables on a Saturday night is empty. I never tried this place on the beach, but from what I have heard it is nothing like it was over there.

“Chu's is amazing. You can see they are...”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Chu's is amazing. You can see they are still fixing the place up. But food and service is amazing. You must try the BC Mai tai oh my , it is a great cocktail. The sweet and sour Ginger fish and the peaking duck is mouth watering.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's really a shame - Mr. Chu's on South Beach was our favorite Chinese anywhere. They had the best dim sum, best...”
Reviewed October 2, 2009

It's really a shame - Mr. Chu's on South Beach was our favorite Chinese anywhere. They had the best dim sum, best peking duck. We were very very sad to see them close down, and very excited to try the new place, but alas, it was so disappointing. They didn't even have sweet & sour sauce for the egg rolls. The duck was even very disappointing.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook