“Finally a true Peruvian restaurant in Coral Gables‎” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 319 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Giralda Avenue and Aragon Avenue
Description: The floor-to-ceiling rotisseries, red walls and comfy booths invite you to stay, but Pardo's Cuisine is attuned to our grab-and-go culture. A slew of delivery and takeout deals plus curbside service offers the best of both worlds: home-cooked, slow-roasted Peruvian flavor with fast-food immediacy. This Coral Gables spot is the only U.S. Outlet for the Lima-based chain that specializes in pollo a la brasa, spit-grilled chicken with crunchy skin, a moist interior and an intoxicating marinade of 14 "secret" herbs and spices that hint of cumin, paprika, annatto, soy sauce and lots of salt. Beef lovers will rejoice over lomo saltado clasico, a Peruvian stir-fry of marinated steak strips, with onions, tomatoes and soy sauce over white rice and French fries. "Pardos" is a term for Peruvians of mixed heritage, and this warm, casual eatery uses the best of Chinese, Spanish, African and native influences in its unpretentious cuisine.
“Finally a true Peruvian restaurant in Coral Gables‎”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Finally I found a place to satisfy all of my Peruvian cravings! Everything from Lomo Saltado to Leche de Tigre, this chain restaurant from Peru helps satisfy my Peruvian side with superb qualify meals, excellent service, and a relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to experience true Peruvian food. Top 3 dishes, in my opinion: 1) Their chicken (obviously) 2) Lomo Saltado (most well known Peruvian dish, try it if you've never had it) 3) Ceviche (truly what Peru is known for, high quality fish which is the freshest I've had in Miami. If you go when their head chef is cooking, you're in for a treat!

Miami, Florida
“Authentic, cheap Peruvian food, terrrible service and management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place used to be one of my favorites but it is falling apart. I went there with my husband and 3 others for the anticucho (cow heart on a skewer--fabulous!) That's the good part and i recommend it to anyone who likes filet mignon and steak without fat. The bad part: HORRENDOUS SERVICE. It was VERY busy for a Wednesday night, only 3 people working, and we were basically ignored by our waiter for 2 hours. No refills on the drinks or corn, it took FOREVER to order and he spent all his time at other tables and wouldn't even make eye contact with us. When we told the manager that we were disappointed in the service and dine there often, he was like, oh, well we're super busy tonight and understaffed. No apology, no attempt to make it up to us. I don't think they care about their customers--they have such great food that they think that good service doesn't matter. What a shame!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Miami, Florida
“Good Family Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food and service are always good at this family restaurant. The chicken is deliciouns and the cilantro rice is one of my favorites

Visited May 2012
Porto Alegre, RS
“Peruvian delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am absolutely in love with Peruvian food! Could move to Lima just to enjoy the great inventive they do there! Pardo's has some plates that match the ones I've eaten in Miraflores and Barranco. Course, you gotta be lucky and know what you choose, not all plates are excellent, but none of them is bad at all.

Visited February 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“If you love chicken - go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Now, I like chicken. Good chicken, that is. And I think you would be hard pressed to find better chicken than what they serve at Pardo's. I had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken. It came with a side salad which was excellent - several slices of Roma tomato, several slices of cucumber, and strips of red onion over lettuce.

I know pretty much nothing about Peruvian cuisine. However, they have some kind of yellowish sauce with some flecks in it. I think it may be huancaina sauce from what I saw on the menu. It is creamy and has just a bit of a spicy kick. I wasn't sure what to put it on so I put it on EVERYTHING! It made a good salad dressing, I dipped pieces of the chicken in it and I dipped the yuquitas in it. Yuquitas look like big fries but are made from yucca root. Delicious! Especially when dipped in the sauce.

But did I tell you about the chicken? Moist, well-seasoned, falling off the bone tender. If you pay extra (like 90 cents) for all white meat, you are wasting your extra money. Get the vertical half rather than the horizontal half! The drumstick and thigh were SO succulent it almost defies description! The breast and wing were fine but not as moist as the thigh and leg.

This huge meal set me back less than $15 and I couldn't finish it. The servers were friendly and helpful. There is NO reason not to check out this place!

• Visited June 2012