“Tops In Service and Facilities, Awesome Staff”

Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been stayng at this Holiday Inn frequently for at least 30 years now, and it continues to be my favorite hotel of any hotels I have stayed at worldwide.
The main reasons that I keep returning are:
1.) The management "jumps through hoops" to make sure that every guest is satisfied, and that any issues are resolved a.s.a.p..
2.) The housekeeping staff is very thorough - the whole hotel is immaculate.
3.) Because of the staff's positive attitude and attention to detail, I can relax and enjoy my
stay as if I were at home.
There are so many other reasons that I could not possibly list them all in this review. But I will
tell you that in 30 years, I can count the few complaints that I have had on one hand.
If you are ever in the Coral Gables, Florida (South Miami) area, I strongly recommend that you consider staying at this exquisite Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I like to have a ground floor pooside room (they have a sliding door leading out to a patio just off...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John L
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear John,

I have to say that I had the pleasure to meet you and I am very glad we made you feel like at home away from home, since our main goal is you 101% satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will always be glad to have you staying here every time you are in town and I can promise you we will take care of you the same way and better.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me on your next visit, I will make sure you have your special room again as always.
I hope to see you again very soon!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you can get a discounted rate, then this is a great option when visiting Coral Gables. I would not pay a rate similar to the 4 stars in Coral Gables for this property though.

It is not a luxury hotel, but it is not a roadside motel either. Lobby is nice, but hallways a bit worn. Room is nothing fancy, but clean and nice. Bed is comfortable and linens are decent quality. Bathroom is basic, clean but not luxurious, but towels are a bit thin. Also, shower head is low? We had a refrigerator in the room and that was convenient for storing drinks.

We did not eat at the hotel, nor did we use the pool, so no comment on that. Parking is easy and the location is convenient. Overall, a positive experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a few kind words regarding your recent stay! We're glad you had a great time while here in Coral Gables. Also, thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you had, that way we can correct them.

Please feel free to contact me if you need help with future reservations, we will be delighted to have you here again.

Your's in Hospitality,

305-667-5611 Ext 7805
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Excellent location near the University of Miami, Metro rail station and plenty of eating joints around. Room was functional with coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Gym and pool also functional. Pleasant and professional staff. We had a very comfortable 5 day stay when we were there to drop off our daughter at UM.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HeartinNature
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Kurt T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. Our staff is delighted that you found everything to your liking. I hope we exceeded your expectations and your experience with us helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city of Coral Gables. Please think of us when booking your next visit to the area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We came to the Miami area to see a couple of Marlins games. The Holiday Inn is a 5 minute walk to the University Metrorail station from which, for $5 per day, one can get to downtown Miami, the Airport, and the Ballpark. For the ballpark, a shuttle takes you from the Culmer stop to the stadium. The hotel is in a great and safe area as well. We felt extremely safe walking from the Metro station to the hotel at 11:30pm after the game was over. The room had a fridge and a microwave. There's a CVS pharmacy, a 5 minute walk from the hotel if one wishes to just grab some stuff to put in the fridge for after the game. A TGIFridays is also a close walk as is the Titanic brewpub. The cost of the hotel is very good given the upper class area of Coral Gables and the pool is wonderfully warm. The room was just fine...very clean and enjoyable. I'd highly recommend this place if you'd like to save some money, avoid having to rent a car and drive in an unknown city, but have access to downtown and the ballpark via metrorail.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Horrible place. I can't list so many things so wrong with this place.
1. I had called before with a $79 rate. After I got their 10 minutes later, they said nobody had called the location, and that they didn't know who called. Liars!!
2. Dirty hallways, and maids still cleaning rooms at 9pm!!!
3. Garbage pile left on the side of the entrance to the pool all night long!.
4. Super small bathrooms, and note that I am athletic/slender person.
5. Broken phone/ broken clock.
6. Terrible choice of channels on the tv.
7. Old building with molding smell.
8. Heard workers complaining about job and not wanting to work.
9. You get the idea right?

Pool has molding all over,.....
The only decent thing about this place is being outside, Coral Gables is a nice safe area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Abner Z,

Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry we did not meet your expectations. We have erred, but we are working on correcting these matters, any feedback you may provide based on your experience to better ourselves and our property is always welcomed and taken seriously, the appropriate actions will be taken to correct the issues you addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and hope you give us a second chance to meet your expectations in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

305-667-5611 Ext 7805

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is lovely. But big. Our room was very far from the elevator, had I know I would have requested closer, I have mobility issues. No one was at the front desk at 7pm, had to call for clerk. Room was very clean and comfortable, balcony overlooking pool, but no chairs or table on it....odd. Very convenient to University of Miami. I asked clerk for a map of the campus, they didn't have one, i feel they should have.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Pattiwig,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy our location suited you well. We regret your room allocation was not to your liking and I apologize for the inconvenience of having to stay in a room that was very far from the elevator. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. We sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for a week to check out the city for a possible move. Overall good choice as a base. The bed was great. Despite it being older room and hotel it was well maintained. The breakfast was not worth entertaining very basic for a holiday inn. Internet worked well. Parking and access was easy. Some great restaurants within walking distance. try mom for great Thai. We went twice. Some great walking around the streets as well. Felt very safe.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Newnhamp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Newnhamp,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!