“Great base for week in Miami.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Houston, Texas
“Great base for week in Miami.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week to check out the city for a possible move. Overall good choice as a base. The bed was great. Despite it being older room and hotel it was well maintained. The breakfast was not worth entertaining very basic for a holiday inn. Internet worked well. Parking and access was easy. Some great restaurants within walking distance. try mom for great Thai. We went twice. Some great walking around the streets as well. Felt very safe.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newnhamp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Newnhamp,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was heading south to the keys and wanted a hotel in route and decided to go with this one, we really liked the location and overall condition of the hotel. There is no free breakfast like most hotels, but I would recommend this hotel to any traveler in the area.

Room Tip: Book with expedia and go to IHOP for breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amccarrison
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently went to holiday inn, coral gables! It's the worst value for money I have spent on a hotel, the room was dated with poor attempts at up dating! The toilet leaked with each flush. The air con was noisy and as old as my grand parents. Can't believe they can charge 150 dollars plus tax mid week! Just come back from kimpton spa in vero beach, less money and class above this hotel. Holiday inn would be a 1 and kimpton a 50! No comparison!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Darren,

I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each of our guests has the best stay possible, so it is quite disappointing to know that we've somehow fallen short of that goal.

We have erred, but we are working on correcting these matters, any feedback you may provide based on your experience to better ourselves and our property is always welcomed and taken seriously, the appropriate actions will be taken to correct the issues you addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and hope you give us a second chance to meet your expectations in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Claudia Polidori
(305) 667-5611 Ext 7805
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

...leisure, not so much. Here for a conference a U of Miami and the location in my opinion was the best of any for the attendees if you don't mind a little walking. That being said, Miami "blocks" are like country miles. Great service, clean rooms, good value.

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Petersburg, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the last ten years but not recently. They have done a remodel of the lobby area and the pool area always looks inviting. This visit was for business.

I arrived and Janny handled my check in. She apologized and said that there was no room available and I would have to wait 30 minutes. I went to sit in the lobby and less than five minutes later Janny came up and said that she had found a room and I could go to it in five minutes. She also ordered a fruit basket to be delivered to the room. She went above and beyond what she could have done to take care of a customer that had not been to the property in a few years (though I have top elite status for the chain). Rarely (and especially in Miami) do you run into people like Janny who really enjoy their job and want to make customers happy.

Hotel recruiters should take note and I hope the managers recognize an excellent employee when they have one.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear BTSTP,

Thank your for being a Priority club member and thank your for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us.

It is greatly appreciated when our visitors have enjoyed their experience with us, so much so, that they share this experience with us and other reviewers. We thank you for your valuable feedback and the special mention you have made to a member of our team.

As a club member, your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to that opportunity of serving you once again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I do a lot of business and leisure travel and ended up in Coral Gables for a few days unexpectedly. I didn't want to travel out of Coral Gables or spend a billion dollars at a plush hotel on Key Biscayne or South Beach or Downtown. Also travelling into downtown Coral Gables would have put be farther than I wanted.

The newish Holiday Inn in Coral gables is just great. Very close to UMiami, SouthMiami, with easy access to dowtown Coral Gables, the Grove or the key if you know the roads.

The place was clean, spacious, nice fridge, TV, comfy clean beds, ample desk space. Nice pool, and the restaurant is really not bad at all (Im a food snob!), I ate there twice!

Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My best hotel experience ever! I was greeted with the nicest front office manager, named Claudia Polidori. She assisted me with all the questions I had about ordering food to be delivered to the room. She went beyond the call of duty when I asked for some toothpaste (she couldn't find it in one area) so she got a new tube from somewhere, had it delivered to my room and then called to see if I received it. I thought that was so nice I went back down to the lobby to personally thank her. She even went out of her way after our few conversations to invite me to have breakfast on them at their hotel in the morning. Her hospitality and the room made this one of my BEST HOTEL STAYS EVER!!!!
The room definately topped off what I was already amazed with...the rugs were new, shower with Great water pressure(new also),nice balcony,new tv(big and easy to work),and new micro and fridge. The beds were very comfortable! The place made you feel so safe with security keepin an eye on it all. Sleeping well was not hard to come by. The pool area was huge and very well landscaped. Thank you to this property...I look forward to staying again and feeling like royalty. Hopefully you'll keep the rates as decent as they are now.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!