Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
$170
$136
TributePortfolio
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$139
Hyatt.com
$100
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
$87
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
$122
$95
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Aloft Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$93
Gables Inn(Coral Gables)
$89
Wishes Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$99
$71
$279
Hotel Ponce De Leon(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Check in and out was quick and the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had a great nights rest in the beds and they have 2 different types of pillows you can choose from. The pool area is large and we enjoyed a quick dip before bed. I had a non refundable rate and booked direct and had no issues.The parking lot was big and there is no extra fee. I would stay here again. I saw some renovations being done, but I did not hear a peep from anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gina G
Reviewed April 12, 2013

What an experience! From the time I arrived at this property until the time I left, my entire experience was excellent! My room was beautiful, overlooking the pool... I had a really good ribeye steak in the restaurant, with flan for my dessert. Check out the picture of the restaurant... the renovations are very nice and this is certainly a place that I will stay... not just on business, but with my family when we come on vacation. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AbrahamBelanger
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There were 4 of us in a 2 bed room which had a microwave, small fridge and a coffee maker. The room was nice sized with a desk and 2 extra chairs. It was one of the remodeled rooms and the bathroom had a good shower and good sized sink. While it was basic Holiday Inn the room was spic and span and the housekeepers did a wonderful job in keeping it that way. It was close enough to walk to a great Jewish deli and a TGIF so you could walk to things. What made this an enjoyable stay was the people who worked there. From the front desk to the housekeepers and the smiling lady in the gift shop, they tried to make our stay as nice as possible!

Room Tip: Get a room on the courtyard to get a good view from your window or ask for a pool room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Luciadunn,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are truly delighted the level of service you received from our staff, lived up to your expectations. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel isolation is very poor as you hear all the noises from the corridor. I woke up several times with the feeling that someone was talking inside my bedroom...
The matelas are very poor too at a point it was better to sleep on the floor!
The bathroom is very small too. Only one person at a tme, which is not helping when we have young children to bath...
The employees are very friendly and the breakfast is ok.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Yonne M, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear familyglobtrotter,

Thank you for taking your time in writing us a review of your stay at our hotel. It saddens me deeply that you were having issues due to noise in your room and that you were unable to enjoy your stay fully due to this. i noticed you mentioned the size of the bathrooms was an inconvinience for you, a quick solution I must add is perhaps asking for an executive room should you choose our hotel in the future. if not I thank you again for choosing our hotel and wish you many happy travels.

Best,

Yonne Mendez
Assistant Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Coral Gables

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My room was dirty, and the people at the reception were rude. But, the hotel is extremely close to the University of Miami (which was the main reason why I decided to stay at HI). AVOID TO BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear CarolinaCarolina_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. We are sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the cleanliness of the room and service received from our hotel staff. We take all reviews positive or negative very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Zelyn N