Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Aloft Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$93
Aloft.com
$139
Hyatt.com
$168
$154
$90
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
$87
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
$122
$95
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$113
Wishes Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
$99
$71
Hotwire.com
$279
Hotel Ponce De Leon(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice Hotel, Staff was nice and very helpful. Room was big with a king size bed and a balcony to go with the room. One of the best places where I have spent the night. In this case two nights. Would definately stay there again and recommend this hotel to everyone. Also it is close to downtown restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The great thing about this hotel is that it's really cheap compared to other similar hotels in the neighbourhood while the rooms and hotel in general are still OK. In exchange for the great rates, you have to live with a slightly dated look and equipment. Not for a romantic stay, but perfectly OK for a business traveler like myself.
I stayed here (one night) because I needed to be close to the University of Miami. The rooms are not ultra-modern but looked refurbished and mine was very clean. Also, to my relief, very quiet (the vast majority of the rooms seems far away from the highway in front of the hotel). Friendly staff. Really large pool. Mediocre breakfast, but nothing to complain about really. There was a power outage around 6 a.m. the day I stayed there (end of May 2012). Took them half a day to get the air-conditioning working again in the public ares (in the rooms it was functioning again after an hour or so), meaning unbearable temperatures in the breakfast room and lobby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can say We had a fairly descent stay, It feels like the area isn't that safe, The Hotel itself serves its function perhaps for one night. I am a big fan of Holiday inn but I might not stay at this one again. It looks clean and somehow confortable but it is extremely old. Rooms come with flat TV, WIFI and refrigerator. Our room has a balcony but it looks very unsafe since any of your neighbors can simply walk into your room. That was the worse part of it. Our door to the balcony was broken so it never locked. It gives you that feeling anyone can simply walk in. The bathroom was really small, the carpet looks older, service great and athmosphere overall is fair. Parking is located on an open lot very unsafe as well. You get what you pay for so no complains on that level. I rather spend $20 more and stay in another 3 star hotel in a safer area. Location is across the University with access to the metro. about 20 minutes from Downtown, 10 minutes from Calle 8 and about 30 minutes from North Miami.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotel_aficionado2011
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear hotel_aficionado2011,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that you found our hotel clean and that you appreciate the service we delivered during your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the condition of our facilities. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Coral Gables you will give our hotel another try.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This Holiday inn is certainly one of the older properties in the Holiday Inn Family I have stayed in but it is also the one with the best service and the staff really seems to care about my needs and wants.
From the Cleaning Crew to the Hotel Bar Manager .....Exceptional Service.

It is not a 5 Star Hotel with 5 Star Prices but the ++++ out weigh the - by far.
The pool is clean as is the small Fitness Center, however the beds are comfortable and they are super friendly.
The bathroom is small but has a tub, which is more than I can say about other properties that cost several hundreds of dollars per night.
It is right across the street from the M Train which takes you downtown and back for 5.00 per day or you can catch a connection by bus to south beach and still only pay 5.00 per day.
It is in walking distance of 3 major banks !! Bank of America, Suntrust and Chase Bank.
Also South Beach is 20 min by car.
Shopping and Gym within a 10 min walk 0.7 miles to be exact.
LA Fitness will give you a one week pass if you are an out of town visitor and you ask for the pass. All around great and the business center does have a printer. Also you can ask management to print material on their laser printer if it is absolutely necessary.
There is a Convenient store on site that stays open until 11pm. Unheard off !!!
It is a great place to stay for families and or singles and especially for business at is close to the airport ( 6.88 ) miles I believe. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who cares about value and service. Breakfast buffet is out of control !!! It is only 14.00 for Hot Buffet but mine was incorporated in to the room. If you are interested in extended stay, ask them they have this option available. I am still here and loving it.

Sincerely
Ellen Jeanette Jackson

The Hotel has room service and charges only 2.00 per order which is way less than the luxury hotels in the area.
Coral Gables also has a 26.2 mile trail near by and offers a wide variety of entertainment.
AMC theater as well as Casino is near by.

Room Tip: Get the room facing the Pool !!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ellen Jeanette J
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Check-in staff had no smiles or greeting. Room furniture was worn and bathroom needed painting. Overall it was ok for an overnight stay but hotel is in major need of a renovation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marketingtrvl
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Qdan,

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W