New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
The South
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

As I was passing through Miami, with only one day to spare, on a whim I decided to contact the Biltmore to see if I could get a room for only one night. The reservations person worked wonderfully with me, gave me a fantastic rate that I did not expect from a hotel like the Biltmore, and allowed me to check in early in the day. I was very impressed with the hotel and the service. I spent several hours relaxing by their incredibly beautiful pool. One of the absolute best poolscapes I've ever seen. That night, the turn down service was a wonderful surprise. I truly felt pampered. The only downside, the cost of food in any of the restaurants is exhorbitant. I did have lunch by the pool and the food was good, the service impeccable, but was over priced. After reviewing the menus of the other restaurants in the hotel, I decided to drive over to Miracle Mile, an avenue of shops and restaurants in Coral Gables, and eat there. In my room I had a fully stocked mini bar and snack tray, however I felt that the cost for these items was also over priced so I avoided those. However, the atmosphere, the beautiful room, and the excellent service was world class. A beautiful hotel, well worth the visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

We were verry enchanted with the Biltmore.
We were welcomed with champagne, upgraded to a suite, we got a fresh fruit platter in our room and milk and brownies for our children. It was amazing that such a large hotel was able to deliver such a personel service. A person of the staff even helped us in Dutch.
And ofcourse the pool .. it was so beautifull!
We stayed only for one night and would definetely come back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I recently spent 3 magical nights at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, and would absolutely recommend the property to anyone wishing to immerse him/herself in 1920's Old World elegance and attention to decorative detail that is sure to awe the senses from the moment one passes the monumental entryway. The immediate neighborhood is worth a short afternoon drive, as it was not damaged by major Hurricanes and maintains a breathtaking 1920's old Florida atmosphere. Prices on the property are astronomical so a short drive to Coconut Grove or Miami may be necessary. Pool area = fantastic. Staff = perfect. Would definitely return. No beaches nearby though, so a car ride is a must to take in the tropical rays Ocean side.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

We stayed for one week in June with our kids on a trip to see our family in Miami. Twenty years earlier, my wife and I stayed at the Biltmore for a New Year's day function but I can barely remember many details. This time around - we had our kids and we found the hotel to be of high quality and the staff to be exceptionally friendly.

On our arrival we were greeted with Champagne and our kids with lemonade - a great way to kick off our trip! The lobby area and indeed all of the public hotel spaces were terrific. If you're into architecture take the time to look up at the beautifullly decorated beams on the ceilings of hall ways that surround the courtyards.

Our room overlooked the pool, had two queen beds, a sitting area, two television sets, and an oversize (as in very large) bathroom. A down note on the bathroom, a smelly odor can sometimes eminate from one of the floor drains. We addressed this problem by placing a towel over the drain. That little smelly problem is a bit of downer, but overall the room was exceptionally comfortable. We probably should have asked for some form of reparation for the discomfort of the unwelcomed odor, but we enjoyed ourselves too much to be botthered. However, we believe the Biltmore would do well to correct this problem and we would rate it higher than a 3 in the Cleanliness rating.

A really nice touch was the turn-down service; On our return to the hotel in the evenings, there were cookies and milk waiting for the kids. The hotel's pool is every bit as large as it appears in the pictures - and that made for uncluttered swimming. Unfortunately the area devoted to pool side seating is rather sparse. So you'll need to stake your pool lounger early before the other guests. The exercise room is on the narrow side. They have plenty of equipment but the room is so narrow that it's hardly a comfortable experience. Instead, I chose to go for a run around the beautiful neighborhood.

Dining - If you choose to dine in the hotel be prepared to pay a tidy sum - for example $70 for breakfast for two adults and two children where the kids meals costs $4 a piece, and all we had was coffee and omelettes. Keep in mind that you're paying for the atmosphere in addition to the food, just the same we didn't care for the breakfast very much especially when our waitress gave us the bill before we had been served our meals. The hotel also has a terrific Sunday brunch for $95 a person. An excellent breakfast can be had at the Bagel Emporium on US 1 just south of the hotel. For a change of pace, you can drive just west of the hotel for a Cuban pastry breakfast at a place called Gilberts (located in a strip mall on Bird Road and 57th Ave). For a great dining experience head out to the Rustic Inn in Key Biscayne.

Yes we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hamlet_63017
NJ, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

The hotel is as beautiful as the pictures show - breathtaking, especially the pool area. The first room I was in was a king size - the room was quite small and there was no desk. I was told it was a pull out desk - that wasnt going to work for me so I asked for another room. The second room had 2 double beds and was a lot larger - even had a sitting area in a separate room which was really nice. Overall though I personally prefer modern rooms and the Biltmore's don't have large flat screen tv's, but rather the old box ones. The bathroom was also old-fashioned and the water didnt drain well in the tub. Their is a $20 resort fee which covers internet. There is valet plus self park available.

The pool is amazing. I found the staff to be very friendly. The hotel is located kind of in the middle of nowhere (not much within walking distance) but the hotel does offer free car service to the shopping/restaurant area of coral gables which is nice.

I personally wouldn't stay here again - have stayed at the Mayfair in Coral Gables which offers you a personal hot tub on your own private deck - amazing. But if you like older, antique style hotels go for this --- just ask for a room with 2 double beds as the room is almost like a suite and quite nice. Turndown service was also really nice - they leave you a robe, slippers, set the mood in the room with music and lights. Like I said, not my style though in terms of room decor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Spunky_Traveler74
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

One of the features we liked best about the Biltmore was its oasis-like calm in the middle of hard-charging Miami. Each morning my partner and I would set off to explore a different aspect of the city--South Beach, Little Havana, Coconut Grove, North Miami, Downtown. When we returned, often after hours spent on foot, or in traffic, or in the ocean, just the sight of the Biltmore's tower poking up through the palm trees made us feel happy. We were home. There is a languid, old-world grace about the place. In our Tower suite (a surprise upgrade) with its marble floors, spacious rooms and glorious views both night and day, we felt recharged. In the enormous pool, we felt refreshed. In our daily contact with the staff, we felt cared for and welcomed. No matter what the next day brought (whether it be the thrill of finding an authentic Cuban sandwich or the aggravation of being cut off by yet another Hummer) the Biltmore opened its arms and wrapped us in its terry-clothed cocoon whenever we returned.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clarbeau
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

Upon arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne and I found everything else had that very same "class of champagne". Wonderful rooms, good breakfast buffet and an outstanding swiiming pool! An added bonus was to watch the armada of elderly women, who came for a swim and some fitness on some days- in their rather peculiar swim hats (some of them even wore a rain/swim jacket in the water) they were certainly very entertaining :-) They also had a very good spa.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Downtown
Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!