“Elegant!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Falls Church, Virginia
“Elegant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We attended a wedding at this beautiful, historic resort. Definitely explore the hallowed halls and grounds if you visit. The hotel is quite lovely. Food and drink was great for the wedding dinner and the next day buffet brunch. We loved lounging by the huge pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManagerCoralGables, Matthias Kammerer at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

we are happy to read that you and the wedding party spend memorable time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Matthias Kammerer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

the Biltmore is a throwback to the old days. Charming, beautiful, graceful and luxurious. The pool is the highlight, as is the cascades lounge overlooking the pool. Dinner at Fontana was amazing. remember to take time to use the gym and spa.

Room Tip: Seek room away from elevator, overlooking golf course or pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us. We are please to see that you took advantage of the many offering at our luxury resort. Please let us know if we can assist you with any future reservations.

Santa Clarita, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We just returned from a convention at the Biltmore. The hotel is breath taking as you approach in terms of location and architecture. Sleeping rooms are light and airy. Angel met us in the lobby and gave us all the information we needed about the hotel and our room and was quite charming throughout our stay. We had both a wonderful lunch and dinner in Fontana with service that was very special.
Sadly though the meeting facilities and staff did not meet our expectations. The meeting rooms were well worn including duct tape on the carpet. The staff seemed largely disinterested in providing any service and often just ignored us. A grand hotel like this needs a staff that understands and respects a tradition of service and seems proud to be a part of the history of the Biltmore.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

we pride ourselves in our meeting space and convention services and my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Thank you for sharing these observations with us. We will use the feedback to review our facilities and services and take corrective actions right away. Our team is looking forward to your next stay, be it business or leisure.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at the Biltmore while I attended a conference. The hotel is beautiful - both indoors and out. Our room was a suite on the 7th floor that overlooked the pool and the room was really nice, with fabulous linens, and a great view. All staff I encountered were very professional. The conference area was the nicest I have ever seen - the rooms were really lovely, with a ton of character. My only dissatisfaction was the meal I had poolside on arrival day - we were dining mid-afternoon and the location was lovely. Alas, the food didn't live up to my expectations and the server dropped the food and we didn't see him again until well after we were finished - it would have been nice to have been offered a drink (or ketchup) during our meal. We did dine at the Italian restaurant one night and had much better luck. The meal was nice and the server was attentive.

I noticed a minor discrepancy in my bill after I arrived home and contacted the hotel. Within the day they had resolved the problem to my complete satisfaction. I really appreciated the professionalism encountered.

I hope to have a chance to stay here again in the future and would recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank seeker_of_fun
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing to have your conference at our hotel. While I am pleased that your overall experiences were positive, I would like to apologize for falling short on the pool dining experience and any inconvenience caused at check-out. We will use the feedback to make immediate improvements. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I can't think of any event more important than planning and hosting your daughters wedding.
So after visiting and/or considering at least ten different wedding venues in South Florida we selected the Biltmore in Coral Gables.
If your looking for a wedding venue in South Florida, The Biltmore should be on your short list.
We had our daughter's wedding there on May 2nd and are so glad we did. It was the only venue that had everything we were looking for; from the character and charm of the property, to the beautiful ballrooms, fantastic restaurants, and pool area.
The staff was excellent in caring for all our needs, and working with Ms. Christina Gamez on the event side was truly a pleasure. Her recommendations for the DJ, wedding planner and everything else we needed were right on target. She enjoys what she does and she truly cared in making this special day for our daughter as perfect as possible.
MaryLen Expositio was my daughter's wedding planner. MaryLen did a fantastic job in taking so much of the stress off of all us throughout the wedding planning period.
On the wedding day everything was simply beautiful. The outside ceremony, followed by the outside cocktail hour was outstanding. We added a cigar roller, and a small steel band for a real South Florida flavor.
The wedding dinner in the ballroom was second to none. Our guests had a choice between the mahi mahi or filet; both dishes were outstanding.
The table centerpieces by Miguel Torres were absolutely beautiful.
Our DJ Michael Sarz had everyone up and dancing in no time. If your looking for a DJ, look no further, Michael is the guy. He is high energy, upbeat and is simply fantastic.
All our guests, had a wonderful time and only outstanding comments.
Thank you Christina, Michael, MaryLen, Miguel, and the entire staff of The Biltmore for making our daughters wedding a truly first class event. It was the fairy tale wedding my daughter always envisioned.
Ron & Dottie Tipa
Sunny Isles Florida

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron T
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your daughters wedding ceremony and hotel experiences with us. We are happy and proud that our team was able to contribute to this important event and that you and your family and friends have lasting, positive memories. We look forward to welcoming the bride & groom back for their anniversary celebrations (and of course the parents, any time).

basking ridge, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great service in all areas from the front desk (thanks Brooke), to room service, to the wonderful Italian restaurant outside in the courtyard. It was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Lovely pool, great for people watching. Room service menu includes creme brulee French toast, that was beyond delicious. I booked through a third party that screwed up my room . Wanted two beds, since I was traveling with my teenage son to look at colleges. Since there was a wedding the night we arrived, they gave us a roll away bed, also very comfortable. Switched us to a lovely room overlooking the pool with two beds to accommodate us. Loved it all!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you and your son for staying with us while visiting colleges. We will use your feedback to fine tune our operations and hope that we will be seeing you again when you are visiting your son in the future, hopefully at UM.

Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This review is for the afternoon tea. I have never stayed at the hotel.
I booked a 3:30 reservation through Open Table, and my 3 girlfriends and I arrived at the second floor lobby on time. There was not a hostess or a greeting area, so it was a little confusing what we were supposed to do. We stood and watched people be served, as well as 2 groups of people sit at a table set for 4 (ours) and were asked to move. A simple 'reserved' sign would have prevented this. Anyway, we caught the attention of one of the busy servers. I mentioned our reservation and we were seated. We were given menus of the teas, and our server was happy to explain them in more detail. We were served our tea in individual pots. I had to direct my friends to use the strainer over their cups before pouring as this was not advised. Most people don't drink loose leaf tea, so they wouldn't know to do this.
Our mini sandwiches, scones and muffins were served without explanation. It was presented nicely, but I was expecting a little more for $30/pp. I had to flag down another server to have them tell me which items contained meat/pork as one of us is vegetarian. No clotted cream served either!!! just jelly and honey :/
The two servers were doing their best to keep up with the tables, but it looked a little overwhelming. I think they could use the help of one more.
My favorite things about the afternoon- the guitar player at tea. He was exceptional!
And, our server, who was very busy, took the time to take a few photos for us as it was a special occasion. And, all hotel employees from valet to anyone we passed in the lobby, greeted us and was friendly.
I don't think I'll be back for tea, but I hope I get invited to a wedding here someday! Gorgeous hotel, from the parts I saw, and grounds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,

thank you for bring your girlfriends to the Biltmore Afternoon Tea and for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed that we did not perform at our highest level and have shared your comments with our food & beverage leadership team. We will make sure that our staff delivers pro-active and genuine hospitality and that we are true to our menu. After all, we do want the Queen's approval.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!