“Expensive, yet worth it.”

The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great service in all areas from the front desk (thanks Brooke), to room service, to the wonderful Italian restaurant outside in the courtyard. It was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Lovely pool, great for people watching. Room service menu includes creme brulee French toast, that was beyond delicious. I booked through a third party that screwed up my room . Wanted two beds, since I was traveling with my teenage son to look at colleges. Since there was a wedding the night we arrived, they gave us a roll away bed, also very comfortable. Switched us to a lovely room overlooking the pool with two beds to accommodate us. Loved it all!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you and your son for staying with us while visiting colleges. We will use your feedback to fine tune our operations and hope that we will be seeing you again when you are visiting your son in the future, hopefully at UM.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This review is for the afternoon tea. I have never stayed at the hotel.
I booked a 3:30 reservation through Open Table, and my 3 girlfriends and I arrived at the second floor lobby on time. There was not a hostess or a greeting area, so it was a little confusing what we were supposed to do. We stood and watched people be served, as well as 2 groups of people sit at a table set for 4 (ours) and were asked to move. A simple 'reserved' sign would have prevented this. Anyway, we caught the attention of one of the busy servers. I mentioned our reservation and we were seated. We were given menus of the teas, and our server was happy to explain them in more detail. We were served our tea in individual pots. I had to direct my friends to use the strainer over their cups before pouring as this was not advised. Most people don't drink loose leaf tea, so they wouldn't know to do this.
Our mini sandwiches, scones and muffins were served without explanation. It was presented nicely, but I was expecting a little more for $30/pp. I had to flag down another server to have them tell me which items contained meat/pork as one of us is vegetarian. No clotted cream served either!!! just jelly and honey :/
The two servers were doing their best to keep up with the tables, but it looked a little overwhelming. I think they could use the help of one more.
My favorite things about the afternoon- the guitar player at tea. He was exceptional!
And, our server, who was very busy, took the time to take a few photos for us as it was a special occasion. And, all hotel employees from valet to anyone we passed in the lobby, greeted us and was friendly.
I don't think I'll be back for tea, but I hope I get invited to a wedding here someday! Gorgeous hotel, from the parts I saw, and grounds.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for bring your girlfriends to the Biltmore Afternoon Tea and for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed that we did not perform at our highest level and have shared your comments with our food & beverage leadership team. We will make sure that our staff delivers pro-active and genuine hospitality and that we are true to our menu. After all, we do want the Queen's approval.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Out of a movie. Great great property brought back to life. Rooms small and basic - nothing to match the grandeur of the public spaces but its a historic hotel and is to be expected. Coral Gables is a great retreat from Miami.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

we are pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and the city of Coral Gables. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am a repeat customer who stays at the Biltmore every time I am in Miami with my family. I was extremely upset this stay - we had booked a 2 bedroom suite which on the website said it would have a view of the golf course or pool. When I made the booking I requested a quiet room on an upper floor as we wanted to sleep in the following morning after a tiring trip to the Biltmore before our flight out the next day. When checking in, I repeated my requests. The rooms were lovely room 257 and room 259- clean and well appointed but our view overlooked a dumpster and a forklift. As the rooms appeared to be nice and quiet and we were only there for one night I overlooked asking for a change of room and we began enjoying all the lovely services the Biltmore has to offer. As ever the staff and beauty of this place was beyond expectations....however, at 6am the noise began and we realized despite our requests we were placed directly over the delivery bay for the hotel. Trucks coming and going and beeping all morning. We were so disappointed as I made my requests numerous times and we were paying a lot of money for the room. We all felt we may have been better off and certainly cheaper to stay closer to the airport next time. I had sent this review directly to two emails at the Biltmore and completed their survey they emailed to me about five days ago with no response. I guess the response says it all also as far as how seriously customers issues are handled :-( One of our favorite hotels ever let us down...

2  Thank MWONJ

Dear Guest,

thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your feedback. We very much regret not having been able to accommodate your room request to your satisfaction and will review how we can do so better in the future. We did receive and review your guest survey and e-mails and have responded, as we always do, vi a letter through the mail. We trust that you have received that acknowledgment by now. Please let us know if we can assist you and your family with a future stay.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the Biltmore with my family. We had booked 2 rooms through hotels.com on the understanding that we would get a double and a twin. On arrival we were allocated a king and a double. They refused to provide us with a twin. Lost of polite but obstructive explanations that it was not their fault but was the fault of the booking agent (it appears that the booking agent assumed that double rooms had 2 double beds compared to a king double which had 1 bed). But adamant refusal to give a twin. They provided a roll-out bed in the double room and generiously did not charge for the roll-out bed. We requested a late checkout from one of our rooms, but were politely refused. At checkout we were charged 22 dollars per room for using the outdoor hotel pool. I objected as had been informed by the bell boy who escorted us to our room on arrival that use of the pool was "complementary". Politely informed by reception that my rate was "room only" so there would be a daily charge for the use of the pool and to cover "tips to the bell boys and lobby staff". Of course this was the first time i had been informed of this so had been tipping the staff. This hotel is certainly not cheap and the staff are incredibly friendly - but also incredibly inflexible, unhelpful and in my view are looking to rip you off. I left this hotel with a very bad feeling. I will never return.

Room Tip: spend your money elsewhere

Dear Guest,

our sincere apologies for not being able to accommodate your request for the bedding. We make every effort to grant the request, however when the house is full, bedding, early or late check outs etc. may sometimes not be fulfilled. The $22 daily resort fee is clearly mentioned on the OTA's booking page and covers maid service gratuities, daily admission to the Fitness Center, guest's choice of daily newspaper, unlimited local calls, long distance access on credit card and outbound collect calls, in-room high-speed internet, bellman gratuities for arrivals and departures, town car service throughout Coral Gables and automobile self-parking. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider us for a stay in the future.

Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just returned from another fantastic week at The Biltmore. My family and I have stayed at The Biltmore several times and love it more and more each time. The check-in process was extremely smooth and David at the front desk was very professional and helpful. We had an early flight and were exhausted and David did his best to accommodate our request to get into our room early. David asked for our cell phone # and we went to lunch at The Cascade. In less than an hour he phoned us that our room was ready. Pavel at the front is so nice and always willing to help with anything you need. The pool is beautiful, staff is great, and the food at The Cascade for lunch is very good. The 19th Hole has beautiful golf course views and is a great place to eat, have coffee, or happy hour. Luz and Paulo are very nice and go way out of their way to make sure everything is just right. The old world charm of The Biltmore, great pool, spa, comfy bed linens, and wonderful staff make for the perfect vacation again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your loyalty and sharing your recent experience with us. We are excited that our offerings and facilities bring you and your family back to us and will make sure that all the staff that continue to express genuine hospitality will be recognized for their efforts. We all look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed there on a conference trip recently. The hotel certainly looks grand when approaching, though the self service parking was difficult to find and a nice walk to the front desk. Check in was very efficient and friendly. The lobby area is charming and the concierge desk well staffed and very cooperative with good knowledge of the area. Upon reaching my assigned floor, the corridor smelt very musty and the walls could have used a few coats of paint and some new carpets with some light bulbs thrown in for good measure. I was apprehensive about what I would find for a room....and was quite impressed. Though the approach left much to be desired, the room was very nice. With high ceilings and an airy feel with plenty of natural light. The bed was very comfortable and bathroom clean. The turn down service at night was very nice. Both the a la carte and buffet breakfast options were expensive for limited fare. Was it worth the per night charge? No, especially since a "resort" fee was tacked on top. Is it nice? It's okay if you want quiet and golf is your thing? If you're looking for more, you can probably find better value elsewhere. If you would like grand buildings with history and money is no problem, give it a shot.Giving it a 4 out of 5 would be generous for me, though someone else may feel differently. 3.5 is more like it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

we are disappointed to learn we would not be your first choice during a return trip to Miami. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we will be including your observations in our planning of capital improvement projects.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!