“Probably the Nicest Hotel I've stayed in BUT my room was basic”

The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was supposed to have a suite but when I arrived, I was told that a wedding party decided to stay so I was bumped down into a standard room. It had a nice view facing the front of the hotel and the fountain but the room was pretty basic. There was also a stain on my bedskirt and the room didn't feel very clean to me.

The room had complimentary slippers and robes. The a/c/heating unit was very loud.

The resort itself is beautiful. The pool area is lovely. There are several fountains and a golf course. I was able to walk around a bit but I didn't get to see the whole property. I had room service a couple times which was good (I had a burger and sliders). I also ate at the poolside restaurant and had a good wrap. I also had dinner as part of a special event. I never eat rare meat and the filet was so pink. Otherwise, the food was good.

I'm not sure I would come back here if I had to pay full price. . .overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

my sincere apologies for not meeting your guest room expectations. We value your feedback and have reviewed your comments with our front desk, housekeeping and facilities teams for corrective actions. We hope to earn the opportunity to wow you on a future stay with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed there this past weekend with my husband and our baby for the 1st time. the Biltmore Room was impeccable; the services were outstanding; The Foods were Delicious...I have stayed at a bunch of different hotels but this one has been by far the Greatest.
The Valets (helpful Alex) outside were very friendly and knowledgeable; we payed $25 for one day Valet parking with the Resort fee for $22. You can always add the continental breakfast of $19 per person @ the Fontana. We had our breakfast at the Cascade (with perfect Raheem) by the pool for a total of $60 in total incl. tips.
Overall, everything went great!
Thank You to: Beatrice, ur the best reservationist!! Elisa, front desk professionally awesome; Frank was amazing, our room service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wag V

Dear Guest,

we are pleased to know that you and your family had such a wonderful weekend getaway with us. Our dedicated and passionate staff is key and we will make sure to recognize them for their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is off the beaten path of Miami and Coral Gables. That's bad if you want to walk to an offsite restaurant but great if you want some quiet. The staff was extremely pleasant and courteous and anxious to please without being phony. You do pay for all of this. There is a $22 resort fee that pays for parking and wifi whether or not you have a car or anything with which to access the internet. But the grounds are beautiful the pool is huge and the hotel is classic so as long as you know what you're in for it is an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our serene, secure location in the midst of tropical Coral Gables is a big attraction for many and we are pleased to see that it contributed to your enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

When we turned onto the street that the Biltmore was on, we knew we were in the right place, the homes and lawns were immaculate!

Upon arrival, I checked in our group of 7 while the valet unloaded our bags. I had completed extensive research on the rooms, so I asked if either the Everglade or Presidential Suite was available (we were originally booked in a two bedroom suite). I knew it was a long shot, but it definitely didn’t hurt to ask! We were told that both suites were unavailable and that they would call my cell when the rooms were ready. It was only 12 and check in wasn’t until 3, so we weren’t too surprised. We had a leisurely lunch by the pool and just as we were finishing, got the call that our room was ready.

When I went back to the front desk, Elise had a huge smile on her face and handed me our key. She said that one of the bellmen would take us up our special elevator to our room and give us the tour. My interest definitely peaked at this point!

Needless to say, when we stepped off the elevator and onto the 13th floor, we were taken aback, it was the Everglades Suite! It is so vast that it took the bellman 9 minutes to give us a tour. We found out that presidents, Al Capone, and even the Kardashians have stayed here. It’s worth looking up online if you are interested in a more in depth review of the room. Just as a side note, I know there are also several stories about the hotel (and this floor in particular) being haunted, but we never saw anything out of the ordinary.

The suite has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and the views are out of this world. Because it takes up the entire floor, you can view the entire area around the hotel in any direction. I can't even begin to describe this suite and give it justice. I have posted a number of pictures, so feel free to look at those to get the best idea of what it entails.

The staff at the hotel were fabulous as well! Everyone was so kind and helpful and made our one night pre-cruise stay the perfect start to our vacation.

This was by far the most memorable hotel experience that I have ever had and I would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The Everglades Suite is a must! Definitely an experience you will remember for years to come.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

we are very excited that the Everglades Suite and our staff created such a memorable experience for you. The suite is truly one of a kind and, the stunning views just one of its many features. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the Biltmore and came back due to the excellent experience we had last time. This time we had an unfortunate situation - which I will spare other from reading about - but the Biltmore front desk and staff handled the situation expertly causing us very minimal disruption.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your return visit and the honest feedback. We have re-grouped with our front desk team to ensure that s similar situation does not repeat itself.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Elegant property with spacious rooms, great beds, beautiful lobby. Love the pool too! Service is always great. Front desk is very helpful. Close to the University and the Miracle Mile. Airport is only 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: I like to request a pool view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for your return visit and the kind words. We will use your feedback as inspiration and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are looking for an upscale property in the coral gables area, best to pass this property by. They seem to operate the hotel for the convenience of the hotel, not the guests. Although they did give me an upgraded room, it was beyond noisy. It was at the end of a long hallway, but every night you would think people were bowling on top of us, not to mention the constant sound of an ice machine, even though there was no ice machine nearby. Totally annoying. I was at the hotel for a small group meeting of about 35 people. We had three meals (2 breakfasts and one dinner). all the food was ice cold. not even warm, ice cold. one morning, no bread, muffins, bagels at all with the eggs. one of the sinks in our room was all backed up. I asked the night before check out if I could get a late checkout since I was flying to Europe in the early evening the day of checkout. I was told that you had to wait until 7am in the morning to even REQUEST a late checkout. When I called around 7:30am the next morning, i was told NO late checkouts. The hotel was happy to check my bags for the day. How nice of them! The hotel boasts of being a National Landmark. It would have been better if they had turned it into a Museum. Whoever the owner is clearly does not know how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank attorneyd
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

my sincere apologies for not meeting any of your expectations. We were unaware of your problems but have reached out to the meeting planner for more insights and review of the scheduled food & beverage events. We accommodate late check-out requests whenever reasonably possible, however, during the peak season months we recommend that such requests are made in advance, allowing us to assist you better. I am looking forward to another opportunity to serve you as the experiences you describe are not reflective of our service and hospitality standards.

Regards

Coconut Grove
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!