“Old school and elegant”

The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel as we were visiting relatives nearby. Very elegant historic hotel. Staff was kind and obviously proud of the hotel. Food was very good. Pool is large and grand but a bit cold and hard for children to have fun it. Poolside service was just so/so. Food at 19th hole was excellent and the breakfast buffet was very good.
We had a golf suite which had outdated furniture but a comforable bed.
My huge complaint was noise. The last night our room which was over a loud party and did not quiet down until 1130. I have small children and this was awful. I then was woken up again by guests from the same party in the room above us at 3am. Complained several times until I was given a discount on the last night. Reservations needs to be more sensitive to where they put hotel guests when hosting big events.

Room Tip: Make sure if you need quiet your room is not over a public space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We make every effort possible to house wedding and party guests as close to their event and as far from other guests as possible during their stays with us. We also strive to resolve guests' issues related to their hotel experience when these concerns are brought directly to our attention, as yours was. We are pleased that we could extend courtesies to you as a gesture of amends for the noise inconvenience to you. We very much value your patronage and hope to have an opportunity to re-establish ourselves with you in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was a great romantic weekend escape for my husband and I. The hotel is beautiful and every corner where you turn, you feel like you have escaped to the Mediterranean. The grounds are gorgeous and the hotel is very well kept. I knew the hotel wasn't close to the beach but I was looking for relaxation and for an escape from the craziness of South Beach for a bit.
The attention and service was great and I definitely will return with friends and family for another weekend escape.
My only complaint is of the room and the noise in the hallway. The doors are not sealed and the air vents made a lot of noise. I had to put ear plugs in to help drown out the sound from the maids in the morning and sound of people talking in the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very appreciative of this feedback and regret that your stay failed to completely meet your expectations. The Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We have dealt with the particular personnel involved and are confident that the issues have been effectively resolved. Additionally, we have investigated the matter internally, and have taken measures to address the staff noise problem with the appropriate department managers. Finally, we will be using the information as part of our ongoing staff training, in order to prevent future occurrences.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

the hotel was very nice and staff accommodating until the last night. I had asked for a quiet room since i am a business traveler. I stay at about 19 hotels per year for 4 to 5 nights. The trip started out very good until the last night. I had the neighbors that no one wants. Woke me up at 12 and again at 3. Very loud music and partying. Called both times to operator to take care of. Finally at about 3:30am they quieted down. I had to call again to the desk to ask for help and no one would answer. Unfortunatel my request for quiet did not happen and he should have moved me. I asked to speak to the MOD in the AM and she was busy. I ended up with 4 hours sleep and never been so happy to leave. Someone at the hotel should have least talked to me about the incident. I know they can not control the guests but they could have listened I would have given the hotel a very good review if this did not happen.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

We regret that your stay failed to meet expectations. In regards to the comments on the lack of resolution to the noise issue, please know that we have dealt with the particular personnel involved and are confident that the issues have been effectively resolved. We would welcome an opportunity to personally address these issues with you, if you would be so kind as to contact my office directly.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spent Thanksgiving weekend here and had a lovely experience. Service was outstanding all around. We had a so-called junior suite, which was a bit small but adequate, very comfy king size bed. Very small bathroom, virtually no counter space for personal items --- but was not that big a deal. Room was immaculate, had housekeeping twice a day. Excellent breakfast buffet. We are golfers and found the course to be not especially challenging, kind of a typical resort type course, but was fine for our purposes. The course was a bit scruffy, I think it gets a lot of play. We were happy to be away from the South Beach scene, had our own car and were only a twenty minute drive or so both to South Beach and downtown. Would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

As a world-class luxury destination resort, The Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, we want you to know that you will see a marked difference in the condition of the golf course upon your return.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am going to preface this review by saying that we arrived at The Biltmore after spending 5 days at the Ritz Carlton Naples. Therefore, much of our stay was directly compared to what we experienced at the Ritz.

First, the location can be a pro or a con depending on what you are looking for in your stay. I was there for work and did not have a choice of whether to stay on the beach or to be landlocked. My personal preference is to always be by the water. Second, it is a 30-40 minute cab ride to South Beach which makes it pricey to explore.

Third, the staff at this property did not match what we had experienced at the Ritz. Some could argue that this is not a Ritz and does not need to match their standards, but when a hotel markets itself as world class this is an important distinction. For example, the service we received upon check in was not welcoming nor helpful. We spent roughly $100 a head for the Sunday champagne brunch and found the stations to be dirty and the staff bored. The service at the pool was better but again lacked the distinction of the Ritz.

On the positive side, the concierges were extremely helpful. We also used the car service to the miracle mile on two occasions which was easy and convenient. The beds were comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was strong.

This hotel would be a good choice for travelers who prefer historical touches and do not mind being away from the action or the water. However, I do think travelers can do better for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the room you want initially as there is not any flexibility for changes.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Biltmore. As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed the needs and expectations of our guests; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your experience did not completely meet your expectations with regards to the service and experience at the Front Desk and at the Sunday Brunch. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address these problems and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Spent 7 nights at The Biltmore the first week of November. We were an extended family of 10 travelling together. This was my families 4th time to The Biltmore and every time we return we fall in love with the hotel again!! The hotel and the rooms are beautiful, the old world charm and architecture is unbelievable. The service is warm and friendly and the location in Coral Gables is absolutely perfect. The staff we can't say enough about. David at the Concierge is great! He went above and beyond to make sure that our stay at The Biltmore was perfect. He also made us a reservation for The Sunday Brunch at a beautiful table outside that was spectacular!! (If you go be sure to go to the brunch) Pavel at the front goes way out of his way to make sure your bags are taken care of and that everything in the room is just right!! Robert at The Cascade, Carlos at the 19th hole are all so nice and personable. We were travelling with teenagers who enjoyed playing tennis, golf, and of course swimming in that fantastic pool. The Biltmore Hotel will definitely be a place we visit with our family every year!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane T
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We closely monitor the quality of our services and product to assure they are consistent with a world-class luxury resort. This positive feedback is most appreciated.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent a whole week at the Biltmore for business purpose and I have to say everything was perfect! I only opened a Tripadvisor account for this review!

The very first interaction I had was with the very nice concierge, Frank, who took my luggage in my room and explained to me everything I had to know about it. My room was great, clean and the bed so comfortable!

The food was amazing, so were the drinks!

I have enjoyed every single seconds and I just can not wait to go back there, but for vacations this time :)

I can't believe the bad ratings I see on services! Everyone at the Biltmore was extremly friendly and service oriented! Special thanks to Pavel & Walter for their kindness...and everyone else I met there!

Do not hesitate, just GO THERE!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aurore B

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thanks for such a positive review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
#49 of 127 in Miami

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!