“Minibar charges for not consumed drinks” 1 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Minibar charges for not consumed drinks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent one night in May at the Biltmore, as I did a few times since 1990, before I flew back to Europe after spending great holidays in Florida. The rooms are very nice and the hotel in short distance to the aiport and it has a large pool where you can relax.
The surprise came when I checked my credit card balance.
Even though I paid my breakfast in cash when checking out, as I had a prepaid voucher for the room, they charged my credit card with 100.62 USD. I tried to call there accounting department a few times to find out why my credit card was charged and I left messages on there phone answering machine to call me back but nobody called me back. Afterwards I tried to cancel the payment by the credit card company. Now Ms Graulich sent a "facked" Minibar bill listenig a number of drinks to the credi!t card provider. In reality we did not use the Minibar as we arrived quite late and went afterwards for dinner to a very nice Restaurant at Miracle Mile, which was recomended by their concierge two years ago, and had breakfast in the next morning before leaving.
I have to say that I am very disappointed by this behaviour after speding quite some nights in the Biltmore and recomending it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank Portoroz
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We welcome constructive feedback from all of our guests as an integral part of monitoring services and performance throughout the resort. It’s our desire to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable. We would like to apologize for the miscommunication and for the untimely follow-up with you. We would also like to assure you that we would not issue any type of false invoice for any charges, mini-bar or otherwise. As a courtesy, we will review the mini-bar charge and take corrective action where necessary. We appreciate the time you took to share these concerns with us.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Historic hotel with an incredible pool and grounds. If you come you can not miss the Sunday Brunch which is one of the best in Miami. The wine bar has a very large selection and is extremely relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
The Biltmore is a designated National Historic Landmark property known for its rustic Mediterranean charm, which is usually warmly embraced by our guests. Our Sunday Champagne Brunch has been rate #1 in Miami for several years running. We’re delighted your stay with us was enjoyable.
Sanford, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I tried to find one bad thing to say about the property but I just can't. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The service from the staff is impeccable. I usually can find at least some minor quibble with a hotel, but not with this one. Stay here. You'll love it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SanfordSlim
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at The Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel and the property are absolutely gorgeous! I booked this based on my friend's recommendation, the hotel is huge and when you arrive the staff is very friendly and helpful, they offer you drinks when waiting on line to check in, the front desk offered us a complimentary upgrade from a standard room to a one bedroom suite which was amazingly beautiful and super clean. The pool is the largest I have ever seen, it looks like a lake, the only thing is that there is no heater for the pool as it is too large so I found the pool to be a bit cold. This is a very classy, upscale hotel with great customer service, the area of Coral Gables is very nice but a little out of the way to drive to anything, it wasn't near anything at all so any type of sightseeing was about a 20 min drive.

Room Tip: See if you can book it thru AAA travel, I got a ridiculously cheap rate of $203 per night including...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, The Biltmore staff continuously strives to exceed our guests’ needs and expectations. Please know that we are in the process of reassessing our pool heating needs, and anticipate having a new system within the next few months. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well, if you have to dream big, this would be the place to be.....there is so much wonderful history surrounding this hotel that it is an absolute must to take the guided tour (the Judge was awesome) provided by the hotel on Sunday afternoons. We were lucky enough to get to see Al Capone's suite and hear the tale's that went along with being in a room that had hidden doors and stairwells.
I made the reservation a week before we planned to go for a one night stay. It is only 35 mins from Ft. Lauderdale. Pavel was wonderful in providing the information about our room and more history on the hotel. The 19th Hole was a great place for late afternoon lunch; went to the Biltmore Bar before the play and had a cucumber martini..........very yummy. After the play, dinner at Fontana's......in a secluded corner with personal service, outrageous wine and food well, fit for a King and Queen. One last stop at the bar for a Cognac night cap.
The visit was short and sweet......looking forward to our next trip to this beautiful castle getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor with a fabulous golf course view. I even was a spectator of a beautiful...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
It’s always a pleasure to hear from guests who have such a special connection with the Biltmore, as all of us here do. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a birthday celebration and I couldn't agree more with the 3 previous reviewers. Just a fantastic place to stay where you get the feeling of being back in time in a truly state of the art hotel. Great happy hour at the pool side bar. Fantasic breakfast, Sunday brunch, and one of the best dinners ever at the French restaurant. When we checked in we were given a room with a double bed and had requested a king. The staff had no probelm giving us the correct room with a great view. Just Excellent, excellent service. Try to get a group rate.

Room Tip: Try Room 543
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went there solo to a class reunion recently and was blown away by the rooms and the service! It's rather expensive but I paid only $159 a night through the reunion committee. There's a gorgeous golf course on site but I didn't get to play it due to the inclement weather while there.

If one wants anything....ANYTHING....just see the concierge and your wishes will be granted. However, I stongly recommend paying the extra fees for the garage, policed by security because while I was there, another guest who parked near the golf course had her car broken into! Coral Gables IS an elite town, but there's crime everywhere in Dade County which is why I no longer live there. Not a knock on the Biltmore though. I was treated like a Queen the entire time I was there! I will be back to see the 'Canes play the Gators during football season!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the golf course. Nice view and quite serene!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are very appreciative of this feedback, as the Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We look forward to your return visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!