New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
MN
“Great hotel, but gave Mgr. recommendations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just spent four days at this beautiful resort. It was difficult to find and our GPS wasn't a help.
The hotel and grounds are lovely. I spent a lot of time taking hundreds of pictures and then lost my camera on the property, never to be found. So, I only have my memory to recall the beauty of the place. The food was delicious, at two lunches at the pool and at a cocktail party for our group that was meeting there. The L-shaped pool is huge, with a restaurant, lots of lounges, and Grecian statues. There is also an area with private cabanas. My recommendations, which I shared with one of the managers before leaving were 1. put a night light in the bathrooms, 2. put a board under the soft beds, which they did after having a miserable night's sleep on a bed that severely dipped in the middle, 3. fix the furnace, which came on and off with a loud bang in our room 710. They did try to fix it and it helped, but was still loud, and 4. Put coffee makers in the rooms or make it available somewhere else on the premises. It is not available before 7AM, at which time it may be purchased on the lower level. My husband had early meetings and no where to get coffee on a Saturday morning! When I shared my suggestions with the manager, he offered to take a percentage off my last night's room. I told him that that was not my reason for giving him my suggestions and refused the discount. I use trip advisor for all my travels and hope that travelers will share their complaints with those that can make positive adjustments.

Room Tip: At this time, I would avoid room 710 for its bed and loud furnace or fan, but nice view from high f...
2 Thank Caeli
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Biltmore. As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed the needs and expectations of our valued guests; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your experience did not completely meet your expectations, and rest assured that we hope to implement or improve upon several of your suggestions in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Turkish first
Tucson Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep a building of this age in good repair, and I love the attention to guests the staff showed from check-in to bell desk. Our room was comfortable and updated. We stayed at the hotel for conference and the meeting/ballrooms were in bad shape. Some of the draperies were full of tears as was the carpeting. The ballroom opened out to a garden area and during one of the meals the wait staff had left the doors open. I watched a mouse come in and out a few times, the last time it came in but didn't leave. I am admittedly a bit of a princess when it comes to sharing my space with rodents, so it did ruin the rest of my meal.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Biltmore. As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed the needs and expectations of our guests; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your experience did not completely meet your expectations. We made Banquet Management aware of your comments on the banquet meal and appropriate measures were taken to avoid such occurrences in the future.
Yorktown, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a lovely hotel! Renovated beautifully. Our room was clean and spacious. The staff, from the front desk, valet, waiters/waitresses, bartenders, to the bell desk... were all incredible. Not to mention the food! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding and it is undoubtedly beautiful. The grounds, the pool, the views are amazing. The bed and pillows were probably the most amazing. We had a great couple of nights sleep.

However, for a hotel of this prestige, we were disappointed, especially at their check in. We called to get early check in and they said they couldn't guarantee it but they would make a note in our account. We got there two hours before check in, and they didn't have a room. However, the person who checked in a minute after us, got his room right away. His room was the same as the one we had reserved, and we know this because he was also with the wedding party. Regardless, at 3pm, the time of check in, we still didn't have a room and were told they didn't know when they would have one. This is absolutely unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber. At 3.30, I was told they still didn't have a room for us, so I started to make a scene. Would you know that seconds later, a room was magically available? We have stayed at a lot of hotels with much less prestige that have treated us a lot better. We got no upgrade or anything on the house for our frustration. Again from the biltmore we certainly expected more and most likely wont be back.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Margaret2222
Here at the Biltmore, we welcome constructive feedback from all of our guests as an integral part of monitoring services and product throughout the resort. It’s our desire to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable. To that end, we encourage you to contact the Managing Director’s office directly, so we may address this issue thoroughly with you.
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stayed at the Biltmore for a three days. It is one of the most breathtaking hotels I've ever seen. The staff was really amazing- they were always happy to help and went above and beyond. The room was immaculate and I've never stayed in a hotel with so many towels!! The housekeeping staff really paid attention to detail. There is also a complimentary car that will take you around the area and pick you up, which was great! The food is a bit overpriced, but that is our only negative comment. We will be saving our pennies so we can visit again. Great experince!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for a 3 day/4night conference and pleasure trip. The hotel is a 1926 landmark with stunning grounds and well-appointed rooms, but we found the service lacking for a property of this caliber. Our room was a junior suite with a nice seating area, small balcony and well appointed bathroom with all the extras. However, the mini bar was extremely expensive, charging $8 for a bottle of water, which did not include “tax and gratuities”! Most luxury hotels I have frequented would have included two bottles of water as a courtesy, moreover, the hotel charges a $20 per day resort fee, which includes services such as a daily newspaper and gratuities! Charging an additional gratuity for the mini bar is just piling on in my opinion, not to mention the ridiculously high prices to begin with. Needless to say, we did not use anything from the mini bar (which is something I’ll come to later).

Having two drinks at the poolside bar was a treat until I got the bill for $16 per drink plus and automatic 18% service charge, AND another $9.18 added as “misc. tip.” When I questioned about the misc. tip the bartender said the computer added it automatically, but he did promptly remove it!

We ate at the hotel’s Italian restaurant, Fontana. The ambiance was excellent, sitting outside in the hotel courtyard area; however, my meal was extremely salty and overcooked and the service was very slow. I had to send it back and it was removed from the bill. Two other parties sitting near us also sent back one of their entrees and complained about the service. On the other hand, we did use the hotel’s spa services, which were one of the best I have experienced.
Some other issues included housekeeping not cleaning the room the first day (I had to call to have that done), and when we checked out their computer system was down and they had to send me the invoice via email, which included, to my dismay, a $28.43 mini bar charge! I contacted the hotel and explained to them that I did not use anything from the mini bar. They did remove it from my credit card charge.

Overall, it was a disappointing experience, as my expectations were much higher.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are very appreciative of this feedback and regret that our service failed to meet your expectations in a variety of ways. The Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We have dealt with the particular personnel involved and are confident that the issues have been effectively resolved. While we cannot discern your identity solely by your email name, we would welcome an opportunity to address this situation with you directly.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I came away from my three-night stay here with my daughter impressed by the level of service, the hotel's setting and design and its facilities (particularly the pool and fitness center). Hotel staff always made certain they had catered to our requests and that we were fully satisfied before turning to their next task.

I'm a fan of the gratuities built in to the daily resort fee, and it appears the staff are happy with it, as well. We used the free hotel car service every day, including a Saturday, which was the only day with a significant wait because of demand. The food on-site is a little pricey but prepared and presented well, especially at the Cascade and Fontana restaurants.

We would certainly return on a future trip to Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Downtown
Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!