“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

What a great stay at the Biltmore! We came here for 3 days on a golf package so my husband and 2 sons could golf. We were greeted with cold mango juice as we waited in line the check-in. The kids (10, 13 & 16) were asked to fill out a form so they could get bathrobes delivered to the room. They loved this!

Beds were super comfortable, nice sheets. Junior suite was a good size for a family of five. Cot had a good mattress.

We ate lunch at the 19th hole. Prices were very good and the portions were huge. I loved my mahi mahi sandwich ($14.) The waiter was excellent and the restaurant was bustling. It was a very friendly atmosphere.

Kids loved the oversized pool. I liked the fitness facility. My daughter and I walked to the Miracle Mile one morning for breakfast (30 mins.) Golf got good reviews from my husband & sons.

I would stay here again for the friendliness of the staff and the elegance of the hotel. A pleasant stay for golfers & non-golfers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have to say first and foremost this is a spectacular Hotel.
The architecture takes you back to the hey day of the roaring 30's, nice to see the building is maintained in such excellent condition.
I decided to treat myself here for 2 nights, I had booked and then I saw an even better special offered later, I emailed the Hotel directly to enquire if I could change my reservation status to save some $$
I received no replies at all, which surprised me. I decided to wait till I arrived and when I did, the front reception staff were dry and not very helpful, they said I was lucky to upgrade, even though that was part of the special I had originally applied for.
My upgraded room was to be quite honest quite plain, the carpet was well worn and stained, my neighbors pipes needed a new washer as the water pipes would make a screaming noise when used. The shower pressure in my room was far too strong, my face pores got a battering.
I had a 'Do not Disturb' on my door, but house keeping would still call the room phone to ask if I wanted my room cleaned, WTF?
I have to say I got the warmest welcome and the best customer service form a Waiter called Hilda in the main breakfast restaurant downstairs, she is what customer service is all about.
The lady in the Hotel gift-shop was lovely too!
On check out, the reception was just as dry in tone, felt rushed even though I had plenty of time to go to airport. I voiced my concerns of my rooms noises to no avail.
This holiday I've just had bad luck with customer service and some rooms, Im not fussy but expect the basics of comfort.
This Hotel is gorgeous, but I wont be spending my money here again in a hurry, I didn't feel like a valued guest at all, except at one breakfast.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Geordielad20
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed for a week and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel which is full of Old World charm with modern conveniences, i.e., nice bathrooms and comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and there were an aray of fitness classes which guests could attend. Both the spinning and yoga classes I attended were very welcoming.

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the Miami International Airport which was very convenient. Unfortunately, the best shopping was quite a distance away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank glashead
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Management appreciates this guest’s comments regarding their stay at the Biltmore. It's always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and know that their stay was a memorable one. In regards to the comment on the hotel's proximity to shopping, the Biltmore offers complimentary town car service within the city Coral Gables, known for its luxury shopping destination and fine restaurants, all within a 5 minute drive from the resort.
Pompano Beach, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We spent one night at this landmark hotel in the heart of Coral Gables. We were impressed from the moment we entered the spectacular lobby. The staff was wonderful and attentative. Eventhough this is a classic hotel the rooms are modern and tasteful. The restaurant Palme D Or was wonderful and one of the best tables in Florida. A place not to be missed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamtrey
Biltmore's management is always appreciative of feedback from our guests, in recognition of our staff's professionalism, warm hospitality and service. Our signature restaurant, Palme d'Or, continues to receive stellar recognition for its gastronomic creativity and impeccable service. This guest's gracious comments will certainly be shared with all of our team.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Coral Gables Biltmore ~ it is a Historic National Landmark, and no wonder. The architecture is eclectic and the history is fascinating; taking one back to the roaring twenties.
Front desk service,concierge, and housekeeping service, all of which we used were friendly and helpful . Our room was a spacious junior suite looking out to the beautiful residential homes of Coral Gables~ quite a view. (the beds were comfortable and the room quiet) The hotel restaurants are excellent, but you must travel all the way into Miami for a night away from the hotel as there is not much else in the neighborhood. Don't forget to spend time in the beautiful pool. We did not use the golf course but it was quite busy while we were there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dreamsofmoretravel
Thank you for your feedback, it's always a pleasure to know that our guests enjoyed their stay at the Biltmore. As a self contained resort, with world famous pool, golf, spa, tennis, fitness center and some of the finest restaurants in South Florida, the Biltmore is a destination unto itself. For those that wish to venture out side of the resort, there are luxury shopping areas and fine dining within minutes of the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights (Jul '11) and it was very nice. We were in a deluxe suite, which is basically a long room with a cupboard/tv stand dividing it. The service at the poolside was excellent and the pool was full of happy middle class types bobbing about with drink in hand. The pool is huge. Beds are nothing special, but reasonably comfortable and king size. Bathrooms are shower over bath but excellent water pressure. Lots of towels. Blinds, but not blackout curtains so you will rise early. We had quiet people next to us but I think noisy guest could be heard if youre unlucky enough to get them. Beware wedding parties, as this is a "be seen" type of hotel, so there will be regular functions on. But I enjoyed myself -it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank HereOnHols
ManagerCoralGables, Manager at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
We value all feedback from our guests, as it enables us to effectively measure our product and services. We see such as an opportunity to further enhance the welcoming and relaxing hospitality that our guests have come to expect. Therefore your comments are greatly appreciated.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We thought this hotel was extremely grand and beautiful if a little bit overly "posh" for holidaying but we wanted to treat ourselves. It's more of a business/golfing/spa hotel and it's not cheap (2 rooms with buffet breakfast, £640 for 2 nights). It has a great history. We were allocated $20 per day for breakfast in vouchers but unless you added to this you only had enough for the continental breakfast which consisted of lovely fresh fruits, cereals, plain yoghurt only, breads and pastries with coffee/tea etc. The rooms were very tasteful and richly decorated and superbly clean with crisp white bed linen and fluffy towels and dressing gowns. No coffee making facilities in the room though (a disappointment for us as we all like our early morning brew) but you could buy coffee from the bar to take back to your room. We had been travelling around and were looking forward to a nice hot soak in the tub but the water was barely luke warm in the tub although it ran hot in the basin. We asked for this to be checked, which they did almost immediately, but the problem was never resolved during our stay. We were only there for 2 days and didn't want the hassle of moving rooms so we put up with the inconvenience. Our first night was superbly quiet but the second night someone moved in to the room next door and we could hear the loud tv and his personal telephone calls going on into the late evening and beginning again early morning. The sound-proofing wasn't that brilliant but one of the hazards of staying in hotels - some people just don't know how to be respectful of others and I understand that's not the hotel's fault. The huge pool was fantastic although we didn't get the chance to try it out due to bad weather and a film crew taking over parts of the hotel. The filming wasn't much of a problem (quite a novelty to watch actually and they were all very friendly) although we were unable to gain access at one point as they were using the upper reception for filming so we had to wait patiently in the heavy rain until they had finished their shot. The grounds were kept immaculate and were a delight to wander around. The adjoining golf course is a must for golfers. We ate lunch at the pool side bar and it was lovely. The service was perfect and our server paid attention to detail and was friendly and chatty but very professional. Most of the staff were very charming although one or two were a little bit starchy. There isn't much in close proximity to the hotel so you need to get out and about a bit to find the restaurants and shops. We found a great Italian place in the Merrick Shopping Mall (think it was called Villagio). All in all we had a lovely stay at this centre piece hotel of Coral Gables and would recommend it as a little bit of Paradise away from the hustle and bustle of busy Miami.

Top Tip: Villagio Restaurant, Merrick Shopping Mall (about 10 minutes by car). Lovely Pizza and Lasagne. Reasonably priced. Some people were dressed up and others casual. Very comfortable atmosphere with friendly serving staff.

Room Tip: Take a kettle with you if you like to make a cuppa