All reviewsquaint hotelmiracle milefew blockschain hoteloriginal elevatorelevator operatorperiod furniturebooks booksceiling fanwindow shoppingold world charmold stylewould stay here againantiqueszuccamiamigarage
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Filled with antiques, each room is unique and charming and worth the money. We've stayed here before, and will stay here again, very good location for shopping and sightseeing. Outstanding restaurant attached (Try the prawns) and make sure you plan for breakfast here. One fashioned and yet modernized baths, and plenty of artwork to enjoy as well.

Room Tip: ASK. These people really want you to be happy
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Gorgeous old building, beautiful rooms, charming staff, free wifi, free parking and a great location. all at a bargain, what more can you ask.

Room Tip: I stayed in 216 and it was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KDPaine
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Though looks charming, it offers little in the way of comfort or convenience. The "charming" furniture is of such low quality, both hands are needed just to open the dresser drawers. I had to use the luggage rack to prop open the armoire that serves as the only closet . At its widest, our triangular room was wide enough for a queen bed and 2 small nightstands. It narrowed from there 'til it was just wide enough for a small sink in the bathroom. Above the sink, a small shelf was the ONLY place to put any personal toiletries. The bathroom was so cramped, I had to walk sideways to get to the sink, and I'm small. I don't see how a normal-sized or larger person could use the commode without their knees hitting the wall. Luckily I stayed on a low floor, because the first and only time we used the elevator, it stopped several inches above the floor. Worst of all, there was a fine, white dust on many of the bathroom fixtures. The front desk claimed it was from recent repairs and offered to move me, but that doesn't explain why the dust wasn't cleaned up. I ended up cleaning my own bathroom--not what I expect to do in a hotel--and if I hadn't noticed the dust, it may have gotten on my clothes or into my toothpaste, etc. It also shows that "normal" cleaning of the bathroom isn't adequate. On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, and the free Continental breakfast isn't bad, although no food had been put out a half hour after it started one morning. I had to leave before it arrived.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

It's my third time staying at this hotel in less than one year...you can bet that I love it here! I cannot drive and I'm happy that I can walk to where I need to, to at least dine and so some light shopping. I do like independent hotels and this is a great little one. Each room is appointed differently and though the rooms are a tad small for two people - it can be made to work. The staff is super friendly, the location is great, the ambiance is old-world and it's such a pleasure to patron such a place.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JasmineLilypad
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Forget the fresh fruit, continental breakfast, and restaurant. They are all a thing of the past. There is bottled water in the room at $2 per bottle, however. Parking is across the street for another $9 or so per day. This is a very tiny old building wedged between a huge bank building and a parking garage. It would take very little to make this hotel a charming stay but obviously the owners have no interest. The staff was not helpful nor friendly. The WiFi didn't work. There is no information about anything in the hotel. The appearance is that the hotel is limping along awaiting enevitable bankruptcy. I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple