“Felt my son was excluded and not well treated”

Off the Wall Trampoline Fun Center
Davie, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Felt my son was excluded and not well treated”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'd like to share one of the worst experiences that I went through today. I felt my son was excluded/discriminated from the place called "Off the Wall" located at Coconut Creek. This is a place with a bunch of trampoline games. My son is autistic and always gets anxious when visiting a new place. He started running around the trampolines and he started to lay down on them ( as part of his sensory-input cravings and a way to cope with his anxiety). It happens that the rules at this place call for "no running" and "no laying down" on the trampolines. We didn't know about this so we started to explain the rules to my son. One of the crew members insisted and reminded us about the rules. My husband briefly explained the situation and asked for some time while my son's level of anxiety would decrease and while he'd grasp the whole new concept of how to play properly at this place (as it has happened in the past in other places). My husband's request and explanations were utterly ignored and the crew member kept hustling us about the rules. We then asked to talk with the supervisor. We explained the whole situation to him. At some point, my husband hinted to the supervisor to train his personnel to better handle certain situations especially when it concerns children with special needs. To our surprise, and total disbelief, he told us they hold an annual event for children with special needs. His blatant statement basically re-affirmed to us this place does not welcome our son, supposedly they do, but only one day in the whole year. I think it is obvious we're not going back to this place ever in our whole lives and recommend all our friends and relatives NOT to go to this place...they lack of an attitude of inclusion toward our children -- that needs to change.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Carlos M
Steve C, Manager at Off the Wall Trampoline Fun Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. we at Off The Wall trampoline Fun Center make an effort to accommodate all our guests. Keeping in mind that safety is our highest priority, we separate by size and ability on all levels, and sometimes even give the use of our private court to provide great guest satisfaction.
Special needs groups have booked time at our facility numerous times, and we even open before our regular hours to insure their safety and enjoyment.

Thank you again for your feedback, please visit us soon and we will make sure your visit will be enjoyable.

Coral Springs, Florida
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Kids Birthday party”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My daughter went here for a 10 year old birthday party. There is a lot for the kids to do with many different activities. The staff was friendly and she really enjoyed herself.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mikesgbear1
Coconut Creek
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HAVEN FOR PHONE THEFT!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My son had his iphone 5 stolen at Off The
Wall Friday night and while making a police report another kid came over and said that his was also stolen. The police said that this happens all the time and that more than 20 on the previous Saturday alone. They should have better provisions for valuables and should by law warn people.
Maybe even placing a camera on the cubby holes!! Duh!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank pennhouse
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Keep an eye on your stuff”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unlike the competition, these guys don't seam to place limits on the number of guests they allow in at the same time, so the place gets very crowded. Be sure to put you stuff in a locker, my daughters friend had her phone stolen after she was careless and left it with her shoes in a cubby.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank objets
Coral Springs, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Total lack of courtesy”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just finished my second birthday party there. Although my kids have a fun time, I would rather spend my money somewhere else. First, the place is beyond legal capacity on the weekends, and there is no one monitoring what's going on except this shorty, nasty-looking older white guy (yes, I am white as well) who is far from nice. The first time I ever encountered him he accused me of trying to bring in food from the outside, although it was only a cake--which is permissible.

Second, they have no customer service and are completely inflexible. Despite spending $349 on a birthday party package, they wouldn't even combine the points left on my kids' cards, which would have cost them nothing. The term good-will does not exist there.

Third, the games are a rip off and they give barely any tickets.

Fourth, there is no separation of young kids and adults. And no one seems to care or worry.

I hope you all consider spending your money elsewhere.

Visited August 2013