“Not bad ... But there are better places close by”

Santos Modern American Buffet and Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When you are looking for the best sushi and seafood buffet, look no further than SanTo’s Modern American Buffet & Sushi. We serve up astonishingly fresh and affordable sushi, seafood, and contemporary American cuisine! Many sushi buffets in Coconut Creek only have standard, traditional options. We offer all of your favorite, classic Japanese sushi rolls, but our selection does not end there. We also offer unforgettable specialty rolls that will be sure to surprise and delight your taste buds. Our sushi chefs create exceptional sushi every day, and are dedicated to providing the freshest, most delicious sushi options available. Not only do we offer unparalleled sushi and seafood options, we also serve up delicious modern American dishes! Our buffet is perfect for anyone that loves culinary variety, stop by today and bring your family and friends!
Coral Springs, Florida
“Not bad ... But there are better places close by”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm probably one of the best people to review this restaurant for a couple of reasons. I recently lost 54 pounds, but I struggle with my food addiction every day. As such, when I treat myself to a new restaurant, I want to make the most of the experience, because I am limited as to how often I can do this. Second, sushi is my absolute favorite food. Ok, on to the review. The atmosphere is fine for this type of a restaurant. The staff is very friendly. But we are here for the food. There is a decent variety of sushi and cooked foods. Nothing too extravagant, but a nice selection. I think I tried a little of everything. The food is not bad in any way, but there was also nothing remarkable about anything I tried. The flavors were pleasant, but absolutely nothing jumped out at me and said 'go get some more of this'. The one word I would use to describe the flavors is 'Flat'. The steak was unseasoned and flat. The sushi was properly assembled, but the flavor was flat. The cooked foods (Portobello mushrooms, chicken parm, cooked salmon, etc.) were all just 'ok'. I didn't feel the desire to go back for seconds on any of it. I tried the lobster bisque soup and found that it needed some salt and maybe needed to be thicker. My wife makes a delicious tomato soup, and the bisque resembled that. No too lobstery though. One thing that I got a sense of was that the flavors and the presentations were very 'buffet like'. Yes, it is a buffet, but if you were to visit Shinju in Coral Springs, you would see the colors and smells and abundance in the food presentation. At Shinju, the flavors are distinct and memorable. Here at Santos, nothing stands out. As I write this, I recall that at the sushi section, there are labels in front of each area of sushi, however, there is one dish in front and another behind it. It is not clear which dish the label is for. A little confusing. The one really good thing we enjoyed was the deserts. There are a few very delicious choices.

Bottom line is, this is a nice place, with decent food. I think that a much better choice for the same price and same style of food is Shinju on University Drive in Coral Springs. I may visit Santos again, but only if I am in the area and don't feel like driving the 6 miles to Shinju.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank na5kar40

• Turkish first
Viera, Florida
“Excellent buffet but overpriced for the area”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The buffet is very fresh and has a nice variety but it is "over-priced" for us. It should be located in Boca.

Visited July 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Very Good Buffet, contemporary setting”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very Good Buffet, contemporary setting.
Decided to give this place a try after driving by it on several occasions and noticing a good amount of people walking in or out of the restaurant, with my wife. I then checked the ratings on trip advisor and found many positive review, so we tried it out last saturday night. Well, it was as the reviews say, modern , plentiful, asian-american buffet,fairly priced, very nice decor and good service. I was pleased and being that i live right around the corner from here will be back again. :)

• Visited July 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida, United States
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I won't go to another buffet unless it is this one. The steaks are so juicy and delicious, the sushi tastes fresh, and the desserts... OMG I cannot eat anyone else's crème brulee unless it is from Santos. I honestly cannot see anything wrong with the place. Candy always attends us and she is the sweetest thing ever. If you can ask to be seated in her area. This restaurant is a mixture of Texas de Brazil and an expensive sushi restaurant. The prices for Friday to Sunday is about $21 per person and I think Monday-Thursday it is about $19.

• Visited April 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My new favorite buffet, hard to find a good one. I was impressed. Service was great, and the food was fresh. Place looks clean too. I will be back!

Visited May 2013