“Seminole Casino in Coconut Creek Has Lost Its Mojo”

Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,000 Las Vegas-style slots and over 70 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more. Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is open 24/7, 365 days a year.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Casino has become a ghost town since their new rule changes went into effect. We realized that something was wrong as the parking garage was empty and so we could park anywhere we wanted. Elite players are now getting screwed royally with their new free play and comp point policies. Besides that their slot machines are so tight now you can't win anything.

My wife and I made this our very last visit on Sunday. We went to eat at the buffet which at one time required a 15-30 min wait to be seated but now the buffet is 95% empty (more workers were standing around than guests sitting at tables). The food choices were disgusting as hot chaffing dishes were sitting a longtime with dried out food. I attempted to get some crab legs but when the server put only 2-pieces on a dish, I told him; "you keep them, you need them more than I do." Btw, I was the only one standing on the crab leg line and both crab leg serving platters were stacked high.

All our friends are now going to the Isle Casino in Pompano. They said they love this Casino as their buffet table is stocked with many fresh food items including all-you-can-eat crab legs and prime rib and their slot machines actually allow you to win something.

This Casino was once a great place to go to have fun as we always enjoyed meeting our friends there but no one goes there anymore. What a shame that the Seminole tribe let things get this bad.

Good luck Seminole Casino Coconut Creek!

14  Thank Joe M
SeminoleCasinoCC, Manager at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi Joe M,

We invite you to try our Fresh Harvest once again at your earliest convenience. We assure you that the food will be an improvement from your previous experience as well as the service.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"hollywood"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Would like very much for you to take my family off your mailing list. We wish to never return again to any Seminole casinos. Years ago was a great place and had great times, but over time all you've done is take away from your players and since July 1st ELITE players get nothing, did away with HAPPY HOUR at the NECTOR and have to spend hundreds to get enough comp dollars to by a beer. Sorry it ended like this we did have fun for awhile.
WE WILL BE NEW PLAYERS AT THE ISLE

17  Thank Jane L

Hi PrincessJaneanne,

Please provide us your account information at the below link and we'll get you removed from our mailing list.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is strictly about the Fresh Harvest buffet which used to be the better of the casino buffets. Now, I would recommend the Isle casino for several reasons. First, the Isle casino is smoke free. Even though Fresh Harvest may be smoke free, you have to walk thru the smoky casino to get there from the parking areas. The Isle prices are slightly cheaper and there is a wider variety of choices except perhaps for dessert which I would give the edge to Fresh Harvest. the quality of food is always hit or miss...some things will be good and some not but I have to say the prime rib at the Isle is always good.

5  Thank 7,577

Hi 7577,

We invite you to try out Fresh Harvest once again. We are confident that you will notice the difference from what you wrote in regards to your previous experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The following review is based on my experience and observations and is merely my opinion.

Coconut Creek Casino used to be a fun place to visit. Having signed onto the players club back in 2006, the Seminole Tribe of Florida (STOF) Gaming Venues used to be an enjoyable diversion where you could play the slot machines for a fair amount of time on a ben franklin and not feel bad about leaving him there. You could also enjoy reasonable comps and free play offers based on fairly consistent gaming visits. However in the past year or so it appears that the management approach of these gaming facilities (Coconut Creek in particular) has changed to a lean management system where, as a result, the Gaming Experience for me (and a majority of other devoted patrons it appears) is no longer enjoyable. By this I mean that; 1. the slot machines appear to consistently no longer offer the same level of play for the same size bankroll, essentially they appear tighter and I find it hard for STOF officials to refute this as mere coincidence (and without offering empirical data to support their position) especially when everyone you speak to there feels the same way; 2. the level of comps and offers appear to have been substantially reduced, yet, in my case, my level of play has not appreciably changed; 3. The new "Comp Dollar" system appears to no longer be transparent to the player (like the old system) and requires a minimum of 4 comp dollars or 1,200 coin in dollars (based on STOF Hard Rock Website) to get a "bounce back" free play offer (I recently played a bankroll just over $400 and did not reach this benchmark, read into this what you want) and finally, for me it appears that a simple dinner comp at the Harvest Buffet will require hundreds of dollars played into the slots in order to reach the required comp dollars (as 300 coin in dollars = one comp dollar based on STOF Hard Rock website).

In my opinion it would appear to me that the STOF venues are more than ever now focused on capitalizing on the majority of players in the facility (the small to moderate bankroll players) to maximize income revenue (apparently tighter machines) and lesson overhead (apparently reduced comps and free play and possibly less staff overhead as a result). Again, this is just my opinion based on my experience and observations at these facilities as a devoted STOF gaming venue patron over the last seven years.

So, as a result of my increasingly and consistently disappointing experiences described above, I will now venture out to the NON-STOF gaming venues available here locally, such as the Isle, Mardi Gras, Gulfstream, Calder.... on a less frequent basis and get back to just making these visits what they should be... an occasional, fun, gaming experience... as the STOF venues have succeeded in losing my devoted patronage as a result of their management style modifications. Maybe this is all a blessing in disguise for us...

10  Thank Cnsfla
See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I used to love coming to this casino..before the remodel. I was finding myself winning lots of money and of course giving it all back but I was having fun. Recently, since they started taking out all the games I loved playing and replacing with a bunch of junk it has become impossible to win.
I am also very dissappointed with this new "BOUNCEBACK" mess. I have been keeping track of how much i spend including my winnings. Last Friday I spent about $1000 on the slots and they had the nerve to send me a bounceback offer of $30. RIDICULOUS!! As if they aren't taking enough of our money by these rigged machines and this is the 'thanks' we get for paying their bills? The only thing that is going to be bouncing back from now on is me to the Isle Casino. I will not be wasting my time or money here anymore.

18  Thank Crystal K
SeminoleCasinoCC, Manager at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi Crystal K,

We understand that at first the new rewards program seems difficult but we assure you that it is actually better for our guests. Now, when you play, you will earn free play within 72 hours instead of having to play for over a month to attain free play based on your play. We also assure you that our machines are not tightened. We are heavily regulated and abide by all regulations.