“Good locals bar”
Review of Rum Runners Tavern - CLOSED

Rum Runners Tavern
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Went here a few times. The staff are all very good and friendly. As the bus service in Cocoa Beach stops around 10pm if I was there after this time they would ring me a taxi if I asked. Live music every time I went there in the evening. There are two pool tables that are open and you can play for nothing (I dont know if this is all the time but it was free on the three or four times I went in). Beer is cheap. I dont know what the food tastes like as I didnt eat here but the food I saw others eating looked very good and the prices were very good.

ShawnHoskins, Owner at Rum Runners Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2009

The Pool Tables are always free... the darts too.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

Stopped by with the family for a snack and drink. The place is on the main drag. We only ended up having one round. It wasn't the place to have children at. I'm not sure if I wold have eatten anything there. (just by looking at the place). Drinks were great prices.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

I ate here for lunch with my husband and toddler daughter on 3/16/09 while on vacation. We sat outside (which overlooks A1A/Atlantic Ave.) - not much of a view, but we were not there for that. We had several cocktails, which were pretty decent for what you might expect by looking at this place. They have a week-day happy hour from 8am-7pm. We had well margaritas (which apparently did not qualify for the $2.25 well drink special), but again, that was ok. They also have a ton of other drink and food specials on the menu. We ordered burgers, fries and onion rings - which we expected would be at least decent since we were at a bar. Much to our surprise, our food was all really good. In fact, this was probably the best meal we had the whole time we were in Cocoa Beach.

Service was very slow in the beginning. We waited outside for probably 15 minutes before the server came, despite the fact that my husband had gone in when we first arrived and let her know we were there. For a bar, on a Monday afternoon, she appeared to be the only bartender and server, so we did not hold this against her. She was pleasantly attentive and very sweet after she took our order.

We only ventured inside once (to take my daughter to the restroom). I was not sure if kids were allowed inside, since it appeared to be a bar, not restaurant. I would recommend sitting outside, if possible.

At the end of the meal, we were presented with souvenirs - logo'd cups and drink coozies, which I thought was a fun touch. If we ever return to Cocoa Beach in the future, we will definitely come back to Rum Runners.

2  Thank iambic1
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Friendly bar crowd. A little dark inside the restaurant.

We improved the lighting in the restaurant and opened up some new windows to let in a lot of daylight.