“Great Beach Bar!”

Sandbar Sports Grill
Ranked #11 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Beach Bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped in Florida on a cruise and headed over to Cocoa Beach, it was a Wednesday in early April 2013. The cab driver recommended the Sandbar for lunch and drinks and since its right on the beach it was a two minute walk from the water. It's a very funky and fun place. They have outdoor and indoor seating. We chose indoor to get out of the heat a bit, but it's still very open and airy so you felt like you were outside. The cab driver also recommended their Hurricane Category 5 and their fish tacos. My boyfriend had 2 Hurricane's (very strong!) and a Mahi Mahi wrap. I had the Sandbar Bacardi Bucket. It came in a little sandpail, 4 kinds of rum and lots of fruit. Very strong also and delish. I only had one since it was so huge! I tried a shrimp taco and the fish tacos. The shrimp taco was out of this world good, whatever sauce they put on it was AMAZING. The fish tacos (mahi mahi) were really good too, but after eating the shrimp taco they had strong competition. We also tried the conch fritters, they were served kind of crab cake style with a spicy sauce. In the past I've had them battered and fried and I think I like the better that way and not so much in the cakes. Still good though!! We went back to our spot on the beach and took a nap after our huge lunch and stopped back once more for two more drinks before heading back to the ship. It was much more crowded at 4pm than at 1 when we went for lunch. I really enjoyed the house music they were playing, it was all 90's alternative which I love. As we were leaving at 4pm-ish we noticed a man setting up a guitar and a mic, and looked like some live music was about to happen. We were bummed we couldn't stay longer. Definetly would go back if we are ever in Cocoa Beach again.

• Visited April 2013

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
“My many nights at the Sandbar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sandbar in Cocoa Beach Florida is a favorite of mine when I visit the area, which is usually twice a year. The staff and atmosphere are great and the menu selection is also fantastic! The other great thing about the Sandbar is their nightly entertainment schedule! You can find a great selection of music choices from duo's to bands plus open mic, Karaoke and DJ Josh throughout the week. Theme nights are available and tied into their food menu which makes for an enjoyable experience! I highly recommend the Sandbar for a great day or night out! Will be back again in November 2013!

Regards,

Kerry Vernon
Oshawa Ontario Canada

• Visited October 2012
Thornbury, Canada
“A fun Florida place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

What a fun place. Really felt like we were on a Florida vacation from the minute we walked in. Fun and funky decor, live music nightly and right at the beach. We were in Cocoa Beach for 2 weeks and ate here 5 times. Taco Tuesday is great and my husband loved the Friday crab leg special. Don't expect high class, but well managed, attentive staff, extensive menu...can't be beat. Just relax and go with the flow.

• Visited May 2013
Rockledge, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was over-priced and barely warm, and didn't provide anything other than ordinary flavor. Service was okay. My wife and I will not be returning.

Visited May 2013
Canada
“good place for drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Yes it is noisy....it is a bar! Food was ok. Went 2x. 1st lunch in Florida. A good place to kick off with drinks and warm weather. Went in the evening for dinner. Hard to find a table but the staff looking out for us. Good music and fun evening. Walked back to the hotel via the beach.

Visited February 2013