“Great location and super friendly staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Great location and super friendly staff”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We only stayed for two days as we were here on business, but we had a great experience. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the pool was clean and it's a less than five minute walk to the beach. The only issue we had was with the air conditioning. It went out on us twice but they moved us to another room right away, the room was right next door so we moved in five minutes. The maintenance staff was especially helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was huge, hot, very good. I will definitely stay here again, the price was right and the location was perfect. There may be other hotels that have more going on, or closer to the beach, but you will pay twice as much. So for the price, definitely a thumbs up from me

• Stayed June 2014
davespain, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our accommodations to your liking. Hope we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Korean first
Hanford
Reviewed June 26, 2014

While the hotel has seen better days the staff did a pretty decent job. My package included all ground transportation plus the hotel and overall the price was good. If this hotel gets a total make-over I would consider another stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are old. Place is old
1 Thank Margaret K
Thank you. We just spend nearly 3 million dollars renovating and remodeling our rooms as is clearly visible if you visit our website and look at the virtual tour. However, it is an older hotel with exterior corridors so that may be what you refer to. If only it were easy to enclose corridors and create interior corridors, we'd do it in a heartbeat.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before we left to go on our Carnival cruise. We had two families totally 7 people and were able to get all families in two queen suites. We were promised a first floor but when we arrived we were told first floor rooms had been rented. We were given an upgrade though I am not sure what the upgrade was since we had rented two queen suites. The staff was nice and the rooms were very clean. The bathroom was outdated just a bit but nothing to pack up and moved down the street. The hotel is conveniently located near a number of places to each, a Walgreens and a Winn Dixie and also near the 24/7 Ron Jons. The hotel has an agreement with a taxi service to take people to the port for $5 per person so that was convenient. The only negative I give is that the free breakfast ends at 9 am sharp and the breakfast manager was a fascist and would not allow anyone to eat after 9 am and scolded anyone for taking food from the area if they didn't have their room key even though it was apparent that they stayed at the hotel or could had been verified pretty quickly.

Room Tip: Top floors do not have any noise. Go for the 2 bedroom queen suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I'm glad that your stay was pleasant overall. As for the "fascist" breakfast manager I wish she weren't necessary but being a beach hotel we have an ongoing problem with people coming from other hotels or just walking in off the street and helping themselves to breakfast. Our last resort was to post the signage and hire the "fascist" to insure your breakfast is as pleasant as possible. I wish it weren't necessary but some people spoil it for everyone. I wish I could solve this problem some other way.
Moore Haven, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed in the Corporate Retreat home next to the motel and it was very clean and the location could only have been better if it was on the beach, it was 500 feet off the beach and it was great. We had great free breakfast and use of everything at the motel, Nice Fenced backyard for my Maggie to explore ( Pet Friendly ) , Gas BB-Q to use , bring your cloths & some groceries and your home. The front desk Clerk was very sweet and helpful and accommodating, A++++. Thanks to her our stay was flawless.

Room Tip: If there's a group I recommend renting the house, it sleeps 10+ Very nice and Private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
davespain, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
You let out one of best kept secrets. The guest house if used by larger groups, e.g. family reunions, etc., and is really a home that has been re-purposed for guests like you. Thank you for the nice review.
Gainesville, Fl
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a great hotel with plenty to do. Karaoke a couple of nights a week, two pools, and a ping pong table! Short walk to the beach. Clean rooms, although older. Everyone seemed to be having fun and staff were all very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you! Come see us again soon.
florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

After reading review after review of this property, I have to say I am a bit angry with people who would write a review that just is not true. Trip advisor is a website that millions of people look to, to find the best, safe, clean and comfortable accommodations for themselves and their family or friends. I owned a restaurant in Virginia and worked there with my mother for thirty two years. I know that there are always going to be "that unhappy customer no matter what you do kind of person", but some of these reviews are not just complaints but out right just untrue. This is such an unfair practice when people depend on your review to plan their vacation you should try to be honest whether your opinion is good or bad.
I am a disabled person with a service dog. I was removed from a friends condo by her board because of my service animal and needless to say, I was in a pretty bad shape when I went looking for a place to stay for a few days until I could get things straightened out with the condo board. Her condo is actually just a five minute drive to Cocoa Beach and the Comfort Inn and Suites was right next to The Surf Shop and one door down from the famous "Ron Jon's" surf store. I pulled into their parking lot that night and was greeted at the front desk by such a kind, smiling young lady who made me feel so welcomed with my service dog, Samanfa, she checked me in and called a young man to the front desk to help me in any way he could. I can truly not explain how much this young lady's kindness to me and my Samanfa meant to me that night. Like I said, I thought my stay would be a few days, but it actually became almost a two year visit except for the few months I would travel back home to Virginia.
During my stay at this property I met and became friends with the whole staff and also with the owner of over forty years, Dave Spain. I saw some employees come and others go like any business, but I also saw many very devoted employees who truly care about the motel and their guests. When writing your reviews on Trip advisor or any other review site, please remember as you write that review, that you are not just helping someone decide if they want to stay somewhere, but you are affecting many people's lives in many ways, such as employees keeping their jobs, and management having true facts to make decisions with and not just random things that aren't true, like someone saying in their review that this property is blocks away from the ocean. It is in fact right across the street!! The breakfast buffet, and it is a buffet, is better than any other motel breakfast I have ever seen. I travel from Florida to Virginia many times a year and I have stayed at Hampton Inns, Comfort Inns and several other properties, and none serve anything near to this property. And it's always kept fresh and they continue to fill everything until breakfast is over. Most start letting things run out the last hour to thirty minutes before breakfast is over.
Any time you have a problem on this property the management will try their very best to help you or make it right. The owner wants to know if something is not right for you, he wants the opportunity to fix it and he will, just make sure your complaints to him and your comments on here are true and I sincerely hope anyone reading reviews for their travels will see this one and give this property a try. I do not believe you will be disappointed, in fact, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised at what your money can still buy!! Happy journeys to all. Donna Holland

Room Tip: The suites are really nice, if you want an ocean view stay in the towers on the third floor or highe...
Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank auntieFlorida
Wow! Words do not suffice. Thank you.
Goodrich,MI, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I, my wife, and six year old daughter have enjoyed this hotel since our arrival. It's a short walk to the beach and has an excellent pool in the courtyard. There is also volleyball and shuffleball Has a lounge with karaoke as well, though with my six year old we didn't get to spend anytime crooning. The breakfast itself is a nice typical continental breakfast found at many hotels, however, there are a couple of niceties about it that other hotels could take a lesson from. 1) You're not stuffed in this little area, it's a nice large dining area. 2) They have six waffle makers, 3 on one side of the room and 3 on the other, spaced nicely apart. There is no wait for 10 minutes for people to get done using a smaller number of waffle makers that most hotels offer. Our room was very nice and we'd come back here again. The staff when we checked in (Brenda) was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
This is what I like to read. Thank you.