“Great hotel, great location”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We needed a room for one night and a pet friendly hotel was a must and close access (less than a 5 min. stroll) to the beach was a bonus. Lots of shopping and entertainment is within easy walking distance.

Parking right in front of our door was a welcome surprise.

The open area in the heart of the hotel was beautiful with a pool and lots for kids and adults to do on their down time.

We would definitely recommend this hotel for couples or families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon044
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you! I'm glad you pointed out what an ideal location we have. We're just 100 yds. to the sand, a short walk from a variety of restaurants and fast food and just 10 minutes from the cruise terminals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We requested a first floor room and were pleasantly surprised to find a parking spot directly in front of each first floor rooms, that made it easier to take luggage in to the room. Our suite was two rooms with ample elbow space and drawers for both our week long storage. There are two exits: The back on opens to a sitting patio and outdoor games area; I really recommend a relaxing game of shuffleboard after a long trip to get the kinks out of your relationships. A little stone path lined with palms and exotic florage leads to the pool, lounge and breakfast in the main building. While we didn’t use it I noted a small playground being enjoyed by some children. The front of course, leads to our parking and a wonderful short walk to the beach. We walked down every morning after a nice hot breakfast at the hotel. We had a small kitchen area between the bedroom and living room; which could easily double as a second bedroom with a pullout couch. The cupboards supplied cups, bowls, glasses and eating utensils for use when we wanted to eat in. It was a very comfortable suite overall for the low price! I give it a ten for sure and if I make it back to the area would definitely try to stay again.

Room Tip: Pick the ground floor for convenience and parking security if available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave such a nice review. Please visit us again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our family booked this hotel for a one night stay prior to a Disney Cruise. We mainly chose this hotel because of the proximity to our cruise departure, but in hindsight, I wish I'd read the reviews more carefully. First of all, the professional pictures posted on TripAdvisor are highly misleading. So much so that we were absolutely positive that the GPS was wrong and that we were at the wrong hotel. The place is not nearly as nice as the photos would lead you to believe. Undaunted, we checked in and went up to our room. Now, we've been around long enough to understand that beachfront hotels have unique challenges when it comes to cleanliness. There is wind, an abundance of sand, constant traffic in and out, etc. That being said, we didn't expect the place to be spotless, but there can be no excuse for the state of the elevator, the stairs, the walkway to the room, and the room itself. All were extremely dirty and unkempt. The room smelled musty. The floors had obviously not been vacuumed prior to our visit as there was still sand. The kids were completely freaked out by the bugs in the bathtub and the general uncleanliness of the place. This was a first. They are kids and usually only care about the pool, jumping on the beds, etc. but they were completely reluctant to even take their shoes off and begged us not to stay. We called the front desk and informed them that we were not staying. We ordered a pizza, as we were starving and it was late, and proceeded to try and find other accommodations. We ended up driving almost an hour away to another hotel for the night. Called the front desk the next morning and the staff proceeded to argue with us - the room wasn't dirty, the floor were clean, there were no bugs, etc. The fact that they wanted to argue and were down right rude should tell you all you need to know. Never got a refund. Never got an apology. We've been on a lot of vacations and stayed at a lot of places - this was the worst.

Room Tip: Our room was awful - so there isn't any way I can recommend a "good room".
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thegordonhouse46112

My sincerest apologies. With so many positive reviews about our staff, hotel cleanliness and service reviews like this are such a disappointment. Since cleanliness is one of my top priorities you can be assured that my housekeeping staff will get a not so pleasant talking to about this review.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I loved this hotel, its beautiful grounds, and our spacious room which opened to patio seating overlooking gorgeous landscaping.The three of us adults were happily surprised to get a suite upgrade with kitchenette. We walked to the beach for a moonlight stroll. Breakfast offered everything we needed. I will stay here again, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn the night prior to our cruise with Carnival Cruise. We then returned for two days after our cruise to just enjoy the weather. The front desk goes out of their way to be both helpful and happy. They strive to make your visit a memorable one and will do whatever they can to make that happen.

When they said there was a complimentary breakfast, I assumed it was the usual: yoguart, bagels, and hard-boiled eggs. But it was much more than that. We had a HOT breakfast and plenty of it! The servers were always cheerful, pleasant, and helpful.

I had read reviews prior to making my choice to stay here. Yes, it does not have the most up-to-date decor. Yes, the rooms did have a slight damp smell to them. But, what do you expect? You are at the beach with constant exposure to the ocean. We opened our balcony door and entrance door for about 20 minutes. Everything was fine from then on. As for the decor, my experience says, "Update the decor, and you will be paying for that update in the fees they charge." This place was reasonably priced...not too cheap and not out of reach.

I would much prefer a hotel with pleasant, helpful assistance, a hot, good breakfast, and people who go out of their way to make my day great vs a hotel with the latest model in furniture and gadgets. The whole complex felt more like a community than a hotel complex. Even the other customers were always pleasant and friendly. Overall, I felt like I was in my home community and living in my home surroundings--minus the palm trees :) --cause after all, my home does not have the most recent up-to-date decor, nor is its overall appearance cutting edge.

My final word: Comfort Inn and Suites at 3901 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL, felt like home. With people like Heather, Phillip and Kristi at the front desk, you felt like you belonged, not like you were passing through. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next cruise...we promise!

Room Tip: We requested a room on the highest floor possible because I am a light sleeper and don't do well...
4  Thank Cindy Z

Thank you very much for your thorough and pleasant review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Got the Snooze & Cruise Package. Hotel arranged for the shuttle from Orlando Airport to the hotel, to the ship the next morning and pick up from the port back to the airport. Shuttles were on time at all locations. We were given 2 drink vouchers for the lounge and discount coupon for a local restaurant.
Free breakfast in the morning; waffles, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, toast, bagels. juices, coffee, etc.
Staff was friendly and rooms were clean.
Will stay here again for the next cruise out of Port Canaveral.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank JulieL881
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Our Fly, Snooze & Cruise package is a great value. I'm glad you chose it. I'm surprise, frankly, that more people don't take advantage of it. In almost every instance it is cheaper to take our shuttle from the Orlando airport and spend the night before the cruise dining on the river or ocean. It's like a mini vacation before the "real" vacation. The alternative is staying at an airport hotels (yuk!) and then getting up way to early on cruise morning and taking, first, a shuttle back to the airport and another shuttle to the cruise terminal. We hope to see you next cruise.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My mom stayed here for a week, while I joined her halfway through the trip for 3 nights. There were pros and cons to this trip (these are from my mother and myself).

Pros:
1. The air conditioner in the room was not working. Before my mother even got back to the room (after speaking with the folks at the front desk) someone was there to fix it. They ended up replacing it, but it was done SUPER quickly. She appreciated that!

2. The complex. This is a GREAT place to stay! They have quite the complex and it basically takes up a whole block. There's a pool, shuffle board, and all kinds of additional activities.

3. Location. The hotel is in a great, easy to get to location. We were one block from the beach, but also not far from everything else. There were 2 drug stores within 2 blocks. Close to tons of restaurants!

Cons:
1. Parking. Many people spend 1 night at the hotel and keep their cars parked at the hotel while they go on a cruise for a week. They need to have a designated area for this. EVERY NIGHT is a MESS trying to find parking. My mother is handicap and needs to park in handicap parking. But there were cars parked in handicap that were not handicap (no hang tags or designation on their license plates) but were parked there the WHOLE week my mother was there - never moving. If they are leaving for a cruise - don't allow them to park in handicap. But also, have a designated area for cruisers. Every.single.night. cars had to park in the street, in areas marked with "no parking", etc.

2. Wifi. I booked this hotel for my mother and Uncle. Added bonus was they had wifi! Well, the wifi only worked in the living room of our room. You could not use it on the balcony or bedroom due to lack of service. We were towards the back of the complex, so it was a bummer but definitely not a deal breaker!

3. The cleaning service came to our room every day. But not once (while I was there for 3 days) did they vacuum. I went for a walk on the beach every morning. There was sand by the front door. ALL over the carpet. I did not want to track it around the room. It was clearly visible, but it was never vacuumed. The other...bizarre incident with cleanliness was behind the dresser in the bedroom - there was a pair of mens Hanes underwear. Neither my mom or I wear it! I only looked back there to make sure I hadn't dropped anything - and there it was. I left it, because I am not touching another person's underwear! They also do not change the sheets daily - they only make your bed. I am fine with this - but most hotels change your sheets daily.

4. Breakfast. This is my mother's complaint - she was quite happy with the fact that the comfort inn provided breakfast every morning. But, it.never.changed. It was always the same exact foods every morning. Changing the sausage to bacon every few days would do wonders!

Overall the stay was great (per my mother, uncle, and myself). There were just little frustrations - it happens :)

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the complex have horrendous wifi. If you are staying with intentions of using...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

I'm very sorry about the parking situation your mother experienced. I assure you that we do have more than the required number of handicap parking spaces. And, I can assure you, that any guest parking in a handicap parking space without the proper credentials receives a ticket and hefty fine because the City of Cocoa Beach parking enforcement visits our property several times a day and tickets such vehicles.