“Stay & Cruise Pkg the Only way to Go..Free parking & Transfers”

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Myrtle Beach
“Stay & Cruise Pkg the Only way to Go..Free parking & Transfers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staff very friendly & helpful from checking in to offering a place within walking distance for dinner (after driving 8 hrs to take a cruise the next morning the last thing we wanted was to get in the car again). The next morning breakfast was good with a nice variety, Just don't do what we did, we were waiting for the ride to the pier a mini van pulled up and asked "if were waiting for a ride to the pier", told him we had a voucher & he said he would collect it @ the pier..when we got to the pier he wanted cash we pd him got a receipt on our return to the hotel told the desk clerk to my amazement they refunded the fare

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments in spite of the issue you seem to have had with the cruise terminal transfer. You said the pier but must have meant the cruise terminal. If you purchased our Park & Cruise Package you would have had a voucher for the transportation which is coordinated by our front desk staff. It appears another shuttle service took advantage of you and I only wish I knew who it was. This is the first time I've heard of something like this. If, by chance, you read my comment and can tell me who the taxi service was that picked you up I will contact them and make sure such a thing never happens again. Thank you again. We hope you stay with us on your next cruise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
Weldon, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

When I first entered the room after checkin, it was obvious that smoking had occurred in the room. I expected and had requested a non-smoking room. I received no compensation from the hotel staff in this manner. When I awoke the next morning, I was feeling ill from the residual smoke, and also was hoarse.

Secondly, the room was not adequately clean in that the floor was sticky. I have never experienced this situation in my stays at hotels across the country.

Third, the water pressure was poor at best which made bathing a challenge.

Lastly, I did not have any toothpaste - the front desk staff directed me to purchase a new tube at a nearby Walgreens instead of supplying a complimentary tube.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you complete check in!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I apologize that you were compelled to write such a negative review. I carefully went back through our records for your stay and found no indication that you had complained about smoking in the room or we would have immediately moved you to another room even though you were a Hotwire guest and had purchased your room at a 50% discount and been given a free upgrade to a deluxe room with kitchenette. We treat all of our guests with the same courtesy. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms at the hotel and all guests sign an acknowledgement that they will not smoke in the room knowing that if they do they will be charged a $250 fee. When we do detect that a guest has smoked in a room, an ozone machine is placed in the room for several hours to remove any odor. We wish you would have notified us and we would have done the same in your room while putting you in a room more to your liking. When our rooms are cleaned after each guest the room is swept, dusted with a dry mop, cleaned with a rinse-free liquid cleaner and then dried. Shortly thereafter, a housekeeping supervisor enters the room and places a dry towel under each foot then walks to the bathroom. If any dirt is detected the cleaning process is repeated. It appears that the supervisor failed to detect the stickiness in your room and for that I apologize. It is not typical. The water pressure in the building in which you stayed is the best on the entire property and we virtually never receive such complaints. Yours is a mystery to all of us. Finally, I apologize that we were not able to provide you with free toothpaste. We hope you found the convenience of a drug store directly across from the hotel solved the problem created when you failed to bring your own. I hope you give us another chance. Most guests, as you can see from the many reviews never experience such conditions.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had booked the park and stay package for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. It was my understanding when I booked the room that parking would be on site. The parking was a block away and difficult to find with no pathway back to the hotel. The biggest problem was the transportation to the cruise terminal. The check in attendant told me to be down at the desk by 9:15. I asked her if that time was correct since the ship did not board till 1:00. She misinformed me by telling me that they had priority check in and you would be able to board the ship as soon as you arrived. The bus driver also told me the same thing. First of all, the transport bus did not pick us up until 10:30 so we stood outside for 1:15 minutes waiting. We arrived at the port about 10:50 and had to sit in the lobby until 12:45 before boarding. The whole process for transportation was terrible and I would not stay at this hotel when taking future cruises. The noise outside our room was unacceptable well past 12:30 and some of it was created by the staff since we were next to the maintenance room. My other experiences with Comfort Inn were good so I would give another branch a chance. The room itself was worn, smelled bad and was marginally clean. I did not have high expectations because this is primarily a cruise stop hotel but a little more attention to the details would have been nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert I
I guess this is an example of how little things snowball and become big things. so let's dissect this. The cruise parking is on hotel owned property directly across the street from the hotel in a fenced area with a clearly marked path back to the hotel. The transportation to the cruise terminal is the same for all hotels. There are thousands of guests going to the port from various hotels. Our transportation service provides transfers for many hotels so you shouldn't blame the hotel for procedures established by the cruise lines. Perhaps your complaint about waiting the lobby should be addressed to the. However, if you had driven to the cruise terminal you would not have been waiting in a lobby. You would have been waiting outside. We, unfortunately, have not control over how the cruise ships chose to board their passengers. We can only schedule guests departure times, an arrangement that is made at time of check-in. It sounds like you were so upset by the cruise terminal issue you started looking for other issues to complain about such as the noise outside your room. There is nobody in the maintenance room at this time of night. I hope others reading this review recognize that your complaint was about something that the hotel simply has no control over. I'm sorry your experience was so traumatic. I hope, for the cruise line's sake, that the cruise itself was a marvel.
Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great room with a view in the back tower. Pool was clean, but hot tub needs cleaning and some attention. About 1 mile from the cocoa beach pier, steps from Ron Jon's. Grocery store across the street. Restaurants nearby. They do offer cruise packages.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments.
home
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel itself is just o.k.. I did like the wood laminate floors, but the bedspreads are old and the whole place looks like it needs an update. I give it a 3 instead of 4 due to the large number of smokers who stay there. While they are not allowed to smoke in the rooms, they sit outside on the ground right outside their rooms (and everyone else's room) and chain smoke then throw their cigarettes on the ground. Even the employees smoke right outside the hotel doors. Being from Austin, I'm not used to it and not a smoker myself, for me, it's just plain gross.

That being said, the "Cruise and Park" deal is outstanding. Free parking and shuttle service to/from the cruise ship terminal was a dollar saver and seamless. The front desk staff are really friendly and helpful. It was the fastest check-in I've ever experienced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. The entire hotel has gone through a major renovation which included beds, bedding, flooring, etc. That includes our bedspreads so that comment puzzled me. I'm sorry about the smoking issue with guests. We do not allow them to smoke in rooms but there is no practical way to keep them from smoking outside the rooms. Cigarette butts on the ground? I hope not. There are large ashtrays everywhere but I'm looking into that. As for employees smoking, that will be addressed as well. The new virtual tour on our website shows the new rooms nicely. If you see this comment I hope you will look at the virtual tour and let us know if your room did not look exactly like the images in the tour.
Patton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked two rooms at this property. One for me and my husband and one for my two daughters. When we got there, they asked if we would be interested in staying at a three bedroom house across the street which they use for corporate retreats. After checking it out, we decided to take them up on the offer as there was not going to be a price difference. We did not get to take advantage of the full kitchen or living/dining areas as we were there for less than 24 hours. It was close to the beach and I did walk there in the morning after eating the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast room was very crowded with others going on a cruise. We also used the shuttle to the pier which was an extra $6/pp. The accommodations were fine but I would have preferred the king bed I reserved as opposed to the queen at the house. We had a few drinks at the motel bar which featured Karaoke at night. The bar was reasonably priced and also crowded but it was fun. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. The new kings are getting rave reviews from other guests. One recently wrote it was more comfortable than home. Now, that's a compliment. The entire hotel has recently undergone a major renovation with all rooms featuring either a single king bed or two queen beds, plus new flooring and decor. The new look is very clean and modern. If you check out the virtual tour on our website you can get a good look before you arrive.
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

H.ave stayed here three times. The first time stayed in a first level room alongside the pool. Then stayed on top floor of tower twice and the facilities were much nicer and there are views of the pool and the ocean. Have found the staff friendly

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you. The tower rooms you refer to all have private balconies and partial ocean views. We hope you come again soon.