“A Very Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area

Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Holiday, Florida
“A Very Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here night before Oct '12 cruise. Price was very good for our park, shuttle, cruise package (we were Upgraded to a suite with nice view), Heather at desk was very helpful and friendly at early (2PM) check-in, got free drink coupons at on-site bar, very good full breakfast, clean rooms and a short walk to beach. We could not have asked for more on this one night stay. The cost to park at cruise terminal is $15 per day. Our package at hotel was $100, do the math.

Room Tip: can't hurt to ask for upgrade to suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is true their word that their location is great. Especially when you are cruising out of Cape Canaveral however the hotel was dirty. We walked in to the room to 2 dead cock roaches in the bathroom.

I will say the staff was awesome and the On Site bar was a great time!

Room Tip: Right across from the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

yes they will have you picked up at the airport but when you get to there lobby they advise your room is not ready and check in is 400 pm even if it 1030 am.(but had a room for you if you paid the extra night) they knew you where coming you think they would have a room ready for you. This way a family vacation and we had 4 rooms
i ask for a 100 pm check out and was told that company policy was no later than noon but they
gave my daughter a 3.30 pm check out and my brother A 2.00 PM check out? ops caught ya
where is that company policy now? we would not stay there again .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here in June 2012 and was upgraded to a suite which was great. The room I stayed in then was comfortable and clean. We had family going to Cocoa Beach for my grandmother's 100th birthday and so I recommended this hotel due to price and breakfast etc... I am so embarrassed that I did. The rooms we had were dirty. We had a baby that we tried to keep from crawling on the floor. Her little feet and toes were black from the carpet.

The room I stayed in before was more updated. This stay was not consistent with my last stay there. You should not be afraid to take your shoes off in a hotel room.

Needless to say I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here Sunday Sept. 30 to Wed Oct. 3 . We knew the Inn was an older one which was ok. The room was clean , enjoyed the pool area as our door opened up right near the pool / pond but had privacy because of the trees , plantings. The staff were very friendly , short walk or drive to the beach " this is great for taking a walk in the morning or evenings" as we had a full moon to enjoy. Enjoyed the pool area , Shuffle Board . The one problem we had was the smell / musty and we did try and air it out and we did think it was all right. Yet later on that night the musty smell came back , I even felt sick about 4 as the smell bothered me " told the desk clerk " , and my husband mentioned that he felt the same , know not knowing I had the symptoms too.. 2 1/2 hours we were gone so they could fix the room and when we came back they had just cleaned the air conditioner coils and sprayed ? so we had to wait outside even longer before we could use the room.. That was really inconvient to sit and wait another couple of hours again. We enjoyed an Italian resturant just a couple of streets away , Star Bucks next door , Yogert IceCream nearby , even a surf shop to visit , drug store across the road , shopping area nearby.. Very convient location.. I am from a Beach area so I know rooms can get musty , they need to check the rooms better before someone does stay there like we did for 3 nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 60Talton
Mabank, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had originally booked a one night stay at a different Chain, but since we needed 2 nights, we changed to the Comfort Inn & Suites. The rates were much less than the Original Chain we had booked. Check-in was quick and we got the requested Ground Floor. From the Picture it was not distinguishable that this Property did not have inside Corridors, if I had known that we would not have stayed there. When we entered our room it was clean, but smelled very stale, so the first thing we did was to go to a Store and get some Febreeze, which made it tolerable.
We were given a choice of a 9:30 AM or 10 AM Shuttle and opted for the 10 AM. Parking was in Lot E which is not all too far away from the property. The Shuttle arrived promptly and we were on our way to the port without any problems. On the way back we were picked up promptly, however the Bus we were riding in developed problems and we had to switch busses. The Driver dropped us off at our Car, which we appreciated.

Room Tip: There is one Building with more than one Floor and it has inside Corridors. If we had to stay here a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Annegret W
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is fairly dated, but our room was nice. It more than met my expectations of a comfort inn. The location is excellent, I could see the ocean from my balcony and very short walk to beach. The front desk both day and night shifts were very helpful and friendly. My cudos go to brendan who checked us in. He was very friendly and welcoming. If I had one negative it would be that the iron is attached to the ironing board, made it very difficult to iron

• Stayed September 2012
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#19 of 32 in Cocoa Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 460 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!