“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Gillette, Wyoming
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is definitely not a top-of-the-line hotel, but it was a great place to spend a few nights before and after our vacation. We booked two rooms in mid-September and used the "Park, Shuttle, and Cruise" program to get us back and forth from our cruise ship. It is located right on Cocoa Beach, which is nice if you want to catch some rays and take in the ocean view. Plus, the shuttle service was EXCELLENT - it was quick, pleasant, and on time. The staff at the Comfort Inn was amazing. They were more than accomodating when we asked for information about local attractions, and they went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. The breakfast buffet was probably the best I've seen for a middle-of-the-road hotel. The place was clean, quiet, comfortable, and well-maintained. We especially enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and we took advantage of the free drink coupons at the on-site bar, where my husband sang Karaoke with some of the locals. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are poolside, but ask for a free upgrade to a suite, if available.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We (myself, wife and 2 girls) stayed here in early may to visit some family and take a day for ourself at the beach. The Staff was great, very polite and always someone asking how our stay was going. All the on property amenities were very clean and seemed well taken care of (good to see that kind of pride taken in this day and age) The morning breakfast was delicious and made my girls think that we were at a fancy resturant, guess we dont get out enough. The only down side was the room we stayed in was ground level, so not so much of a great view and I actually could hear some outside conversations which were not for kids ears, but I'm not here to censor anyones speech and I'm sure I've probably been on the opposite side of this statement. Thinking about staying again in NOV for our anniversay just wish we could afford to stay in the tower suites that have the great view. All in all a great experience and a great place to stay, definetly would recommend staying to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can afford it stay in the suites, for the best view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you Andrew. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed Cocoa Beach and your stay with us. When you decide to come back check with us to see if we are running any specials. At certain times we have great rates on the ocean view suites in the tower. See you then.
Southern Indiana
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We arrived at Comfort Inn on Sept 8th, 2012 before our cruise and used their "Park, Shuttle and Cruise" program. We have stayed here 2-3 times before and have sent at least a dozen more people down to stay here. We have never had any issues, even when our party of 12 had all stayed and did the shuttle to the port a couple of years ago. This visit was a bit disappointing because we arrived in Cocoa Beach about 3:30pm, knowing check in was not until 4:00pm we thought we would go ahead and at least park there and take the short walk to the beach, Ron Jon's, etc. We went into the desk and there were a few people in line already checking in. When Brenden; (I believe was his name) at the desk got to us he told us the early shuttles to the Port were already full. REALLY?! Already?! Check in's shouldn't even had started yet. I had already been warned by the cruise message boards not to get onto a shuttle after 12:00 because the lines at the port would be CRAZY. Anyhow, he said he would get us on the 11:30 shuttle so I thought we would be ok. My husband and I were given immediate access to the room so we dropped off our luggage and went to McDonald's, which is right across the street, then headed to the beach. This hotel is in a pretty good location, everything is within walking distance.... CVS, Walgreen's, Fast Food restaurants, IHOP, and the beach is down the road but not too hard to get to.
After we got wore out we went back to the hotel and checked out of room a bit more. It is an older hotel but the room was clean, smelled fresh and had everything we needed. Our room had a microwave, dishes, toaster, small refrig, etc. Most of the hotel staff we encountered were friendly. The hotel has a lot of things to do like the pool, shuffle board, etc. We were just there to rest up before our 7 night cruise so we didn't do much.
The next morning about 8:00am we went to the breakfast in the lobby that is included. The food was great as always, though the lady working was not very personable she did a pretty good job of keeping food stocked and keeping the area clean. Her polo shirt she was wearing was soaking wet on the front so she must of been working hard. This hotel has the "do it yourself" waffle machines, eggs, sausage, cereal, fruits, milk, juice, coffee, etc. A pretty good breakfast and the room they serve breakfast in is huge so getting a table was not a problem as it is in some hotels.
Then, the problems begin.... we started talking to a table beside us who said they had heard this hotel had issues in getting everyone to the Port on time, I said that we had stayed there before and had several friends/family that we have sent down here and no one ever had that problem that I was aware of. I told them, not to worry, the ship wouldn't leave without us and they said they too had wanted to get to the port, sooner rather than later, just in case of any problems because they had a child in their party that they were bringing on their cruise that had a different last name than the parents and they were afraid checking into the cruise would cause them some delays. They said they asked the girl working the desk at the hotel for an earlier shuttle and she changed their time for them. I thought, maybe we should try and do that as well, since the young man the night before told us they were already booked maybe something changed. We went and asked and they said they had room for us on a 11:00 shuttle so that was a little better. (or so we thought) What we found out was that for some reason the shuttle missed a couple of it's morning runs and was running behind. There were lots of people standing outside still waiting to get to the Port. We were told that this hotel subcontracts the shuttle out so it's out of their hands. While we were waiting for over an hour; many taxi's came around as were willing to take us on to the port with an additional cost. When the shuttle finally came; of course not everyone would fit on it so several people, even after paying for the Park, Shuttle, Cruise package went on and paid a taxi to get to the Port. Those on the shuttle were cramped in and some had to stand up but we got there. I don't know if eventually the shuttle went back to pick up more Comfort Inn guests or not but I knew the shuttle wasn't just for this hotel. The driver was stressed and handled things the best he could I guess but there were not very many happy Comfort Inn guests waiting outside of the hotel and many did not tip the driver who worked really hard getting everyone's luggage in the back carrier and maybe the delays were not even his fault. We tipped him well because he really was trying to do the best he could.

Several people were talking and said that the whole shuttle issue really ruined their stay at Comfort Inn, they thought that the staff at the hotel could do a better job of getting a big enough shuttle or should have started taking people there themselves when the first shuttle started to run behind. There was a man and a woman that must of worked for the shuttle company at the hotel outside trying to get a handle on the situation but they ignored questions and were not at all helpful. There was no place for people to sit and wait and I think that would of been nice especially for the older people.
We got to the port about 12:25pm I believe and yes there was a long line but we were on board in the Windjammer eating a snack by 1:30 so it all worked out. We are Crown and Anchor members and had a priority line so that did make things run a bit quicker.
After the cruise was over the shuttle was right there and it was no problems at all. We were off the ship and onto the shuttle by 7:00am. We had the same driver as we did before and he was helpful and handled our luggage for us so therefore got a nice tip :)
Overall, A friend of mine asked if we would still recommend this hotel and I said I really did not know. I don't know how the other hotels in Cocoa Beach handle their Park, Shuttle, Cruise programs, but in other area's we have cruised out of the hotel shuttle's were always well ran and we never stressed about anything. At this Comfort Inn with overbooking of the shuttle problem and also the fact that you have to park your vehicle down the road in an empty lot without any type of security is somewhat scary. We have heard that some people has had issues when they have returned to their vehicle though we never have, I think we will stay someplace else next spring and see how a different hotel does things and hopefully this Comforf Inn will get their shuttle program running a bit better.

2 Thank lisa11130
davespain, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi Lisa. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a thorough review
and deeply regret that on this day, you experienced less than perfect
service from our transportation provider. As you may or may not know, we
have a new cruise terminal - Cruise Terminal #6. It just opened and this
change unfortunately impacted the quality of service for all the
transportation providers in our community. While you didn't embark out of
Cruise Terminal #6, its opening impacted the service for those guests
embarking out of Terminal #10 and Cruise Terminal #5. From talking with
others, working out the logistics for its first days were a nightmare. It
appears with use and improvements, that our service providers and others are
working out the logistics and the quality of service. In fact, just last
week, the Canaveral Port Authority authorized the spending of funds for
adding drop-off lanes and other logistical projects to ensure an improved
service for our cruise guests.

Please know that we strive hard to ensure all guests have a great
experience, especially with our cruise guests. Our cruise guest check-in
procedure is to schedule their port transfer upon check-in on a first come &
first serve basis. Also our guest service agents have to take into account
the number of reservations given out for a certain pick-up time based upon
the shuttle size. So for those busy cruise days, some of our guests aren't
able to take the first shuttle time to their Cruise Terminal and are
scheduled for a later time. I'm glad to hear that you were able to board
quickly and have a great lunch on board.

Lisa, again, thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us.
Please know that your feedback is important, it allows us to continually
improve our Comfort Inn & Suites and our service. And thank you for staying
with us and hope to see you again soon.

Michelle Martindale, Director of Sales
SouthWest Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

For a long weekend, I basically went eeny, meenie, miny, mo with my computer mouse. I needed a room for 5. I selected this place without doing my usual research. Maybe I should do this more often because this place was pretty much what I needed for two adults and three kids. The hotel is not directly on the ocean, but is a very easy walk to it. Nice landscaping, pool, friendly staff and close to the dinosaur store, as well as walking distance to decent eateries. The only negative is the bar/lounge - very smokey and, sorry, pretty gross behind the bar area - the wood below the walk-in cooler is moldy looking and extremely unsightly. We had free drink coupons and gave them away. This was the only negative and it is surprising the management hasn't corrected this because it is out of character for the rest of the resort. Oh, one very nice positive; there is a decent breakfast included each morning.

Room Tip: Room 510 had a nice view of the ocean and a water view on the opposite side (as well as buildings, p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vacationqueeninfl
Believe me I read this review this morning and have my staff addressing the issue you point out in the bar. It will be corrected before the day is out. Frankly, I don't know how this could have gone unnoticed on our part but you have my word it won't go unnoticed in the future. Thank you taking the time to bring this to my attention. I'm glad your stay was otherwise wonderful and we look forward to seeing you return soon.
Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Look's it's clean..the staff was friendly..the breakfast was fresh. We didn't want to spend a fortune the night before we left on our cruise. It was worth the money. Yes, it's older but it a clean older.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back section..that is separate from the main motel have an ocean view but get the top f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Robin0611
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. At the end of the day we can say whatever we want about our hotel, its great location, value and amenities but it is what our guests say that matters. We hope to see you again.
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great spacious, clean rooms with excellent water pressure for my girlfriend. Many activites and great assistance with any needs. Also assisted with billing issues. They even called our room and asked if everything was fine with our room and if we needed anything! Everyone was so friendly and professional. The continental breakfast was great. I have stayed at other area hotels recently, they charged more, the service and room were far inferior to Comfort Inn!!

2 Thank David F
Hello David. Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could take the credit but I am lucky to have a great general manager and staff whose only goal is to insure that every one of our guests has a stay just like yours. I will be sure that my staff gets a "job well done" from me. We hope you return to see us soon.
Hudson, QC
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked one night here prior to taking a cruise and we were not disappointed. I had spent days surfing the internet for a place to stay near the cruise ship that would be clean, affordable, and that would have breakfast and a pool to accommodate our needs (2 children). This hotel is extremely clean, the breakfast is very large and plentiful, the staff is extremely accommodating and professional. The grounds are beautiful (there is a lovely fish pond with koi and a small waterfall). The beds are very comfortable, the hotel is quiet. The pool is large and clean. There is a small playground for kids, an arcade room, the lobby is comfortable and there are a couple of computers also for those not traveling with a laptop. There is a lovely beach within walking distance and lots of great shopping and restaurants. The staff very kindly allowed us to check-in early as we arrived almost directly from a flight. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it highly. Absolutely met our expectations!

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the lobby and it was very quiet. It's sort of like a motel in that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank runawayHudson_QC
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
What can I say other than thank you for your thoughtful comments. I will be sure to share your kind words with staff. We hope to see you again soon.