“Overall average. ”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
“Overall average. ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My experience at this hotel has been average. Nothing to extravagant but would definitely come back. This hotel is super clean and organized. The staff was great. The waitress in the restaurant knew exactly how to handle my mother having a low blood sugar. The restaurant had amazing wood oven pizza. I recommend the buffalo chicken pizza. The pool was small but expected since the hotel was small. The beach is literally right there. Like right there. Like I said I would come back.

Stayed October 2013
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Nicole B,

I never like an "average" rating...but reading the rest of your review made me happy. I'm glad you found us "super clean" and organized with a great staff, not to mention our great oceanfront location. Most importantly, you want to come back. I'll take that. Thank you for the review.

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay as we had visited Cape Kennedy Space Center on the day and were then travelling on to Orlando.
The hotel is conveniently located and has ample parking.
We had booked thinking our room would have a bath tub but the one we were given had a shower - no good for soaking tired feet! The staff were very helpful (despite the fact they were busy with a Saturday night wedding reception and a full hotel) and moved us to another room with a bath. A big thank you to them!
We wanted to watch a Harry Potter DVD we had bought to get us up to speed for our next day visit to Universal Studios but unfortunately the hotel has no DVD players in the rooms.
We ate at the restaurant (there did not seem to be nearby alternatives) which was ok and we were well looked after by the staff.
Cocoa Beach is rather down market compared with many other parts of Florida.

Dear KenGardener,

I was disappointed you found the Cocoa Beach area "a down market"...but was happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that my staff took great care of you. I do hope you will try us again when you're back in Florida.

Irvine, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is a very old hotel which the company attempted to revive with a fresh coat of paint and furniture. However the age of the hotel still shines through. Our bathtub flooded on us and drained real slow. We checked in late at night but did not have time to have maintenance come in and fix it or move rooms. Wasn't a great way to spend a night after a long day of travel. Rooms come with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, which are nice plusses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thank McDavid G. M
Dear McDavid G. M,

I was sorry to read that your stay with us was less than perfect. We have remodeled the hotel, and especially every bathroom with all new showers / tubs. I'm sorry yours didn't drain properly. If you get a chance, please email me at Christy.galzerano@hilton.com so I can make it right for you.

Dunedin, FL, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel was pleasant and clean. Room was nice but advertised water view was poor. Had to wait several hours to check in as clerk at counter said she would call me on cell but never did..when I went back and asked they said room was ready..never called me. There was a long line at check in and a second clerk came out too late. There was no Bell Hops so you carried your own luggage in. They had valet carts but they were all in use. I am 77 years old and had to carry my own luggage to my room, ditto on check out. Plenty of parking. Restaurant service was poor. It was a nice enough facility that I would go back, even knowing of the downside.

Dear Richard M,

I'm so sorry you weren't thrilled with your stay with us. I saw your same review on our internal survey system and saw that we did get you checked in by 2:00pm, I'm just sorry it wasn't as early as you had hoped. We do have bellmen and other team members that can always help with luggage, I was disappointed to hear you had to take care of your own luggage. I was happy to read that you would come back and stay with us again.

Highlands Ranch, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice hotel with updated amenities. There was direct access to the beach and a pool (on the small side). Lunch in 3 wishes restaurant was good. Balcony had good partial view of the ocean. My only knock on this hotel was the cost of the breakfast buffet. Just up the road, Hampton Inn offers the same breakfast for free. DoubleTree charges $12.99/person. I'd pay a higher room rate knowing that I had a "free breakfast" as part of it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mar C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel - I was glad to see you had such a great stay with us.

Winter Park, FL
Reviewed October 17, 2013

In-laws were at a wedding a couple doors down at the Hilton. If I am going to stay at the beach, I need a balcony and the Hilton didn't have one. I did a ton of searching and finally settled on the DoubleTree. It was a very nice experience. However, my first impression was not so great because there was a terrible sulfur smell throughout the lobby. I just kept ignoring it until I didn't really smell it anymore. Maybe it's a Cocoa thing. We were very early and our room was not ready. We were offered one on the 2nd floor but decided to wait for the higher floor and go to the beach. The beach is literally right there. The pool is small but so is the hotel so it was fine - we were there for the sand and ocean anyway. We paid too much for 2 chairs and an umbrella ($32) but it was worth every penny and I would do it again. Bo was so nice in setting it up exactly where we wanted to be placed. I went back up to the hotel and bought a boogie board for my son in the very nicely equipped gift shop. It was $12 so I felt the chairs and toy were a wash. We ordered beers from the bar located inside a substantially-sized restaurant. Very nice staff everywhere (from check in, to gift shop, to bar.) Check in is at 4pm and I didn't hear from the front desk so at 4:30pm I walked up and they were mortified that it was so late (I wasn't even complaining). They gave me a tin of cookies for the inconvenience and a voucher for a free drink and a voucher for a kids meal. We were going to go off-site for dinner but with the vouchers and the look of the menu, we decided to stay. Food was very good. Not excellent, but very very good (we're foodies.) Loved coming up to the pool after the beach and sitting in chairs while our son swam with another little boy. Pool service brought us another drink. Server couldn't have been nicer as we needed to order our dinner to-go. She gave me a bottle of hot sauce and real silverware. (Macy, thank you!) Up in our very spacious room (2 full size beds, partial ocean view), we were very happy eating our dinner and watching TV on the huge flat-screen. Bathroom was up to date and clean. Everything was clean and that is HUGE for me. Beds were super comfy. I didn't sleep though because of the air conditioner. It was sooo loud and kept clicking on and off. I finally turned the fan to stay on but felt like I was sleeping under a jetliner. Turn it off and you can hear the people in the room next to you. Don't love "adjoining rooms" but it is to be expected. So with little sleep, we got up the next morning and met my in-laws at the Hilton for breakfast. Comparing the two hotels, I would run back to the DoubleTree (I know they're both Hiltons). With the proximity to the beach, balconies, excellent staff and very nice, clean, well-maintained accommodations, I'll get over the AC. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear MHDom,

Thank you for so many details in your review...I'm glad you had a "very nice experience"! Overall, I'm so glad our staff, especially Macy, took such great care of you and that you will be back! I can't ask for more than that!

Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I had a couple of nights in Florida before heading home so we headed for the beach and found the Doubletree via Tripadvisor.
It's a property that is showing some age but is well taken care of and clean. The entire staff is friendly and you can tell that they enjoy their jobs and where they work......so refreshing!
Christy the manager must do a great job of selecting her staff and training them...thank you Christy.

Property is situated on a nice beach across the street from Publix supermarket and with many restaurant options within walking distance. This is a great hotel for the price, friendly staff and all the amenities they provide.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get the Oceanfront balcony.......