“Ok amenites, pricey rentals -”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel location being right in front of the beach is great. Walking to the beach acess area, great - paying for beach chairs, to lounge in the beach - Not so great when you are dishing $200 off season plus a night at a beach front hotel - and have a $10 option or $32 option for beach lounging rentals
Hotel, was average and rooms rather small when being a hilton honors gold member - Ok now this is the thing - i have been a hilton honors gold member for years, and this is the only hotel in the chain i had to pay extra for a "better" breakfast - they have a free continental breakfast option and the $4 extra option - i didnt want to make a case of it since i went with my wife so i just upgraded the breakfast which only difference was the addition of sausages and bacon and potatoes - could have that at dennys for the same price
Bar prices - considering the area is selling $3 beers and $5 mixed drinks at most bars, paying $11 dollars for a mojito was a bit of a gulp - altough the mojitos were made extremely well by the bartender - i dont see those kind of prices as the area offer much cheaper bars - but since we didnt want to go anywhere - we stuck with it
pool area is clean and well kept - rooms are actually pretty clean with partial view of the ocean -

front desk was really nice when checking in and so was the security guy even offering to help with the luggage - but apart from it - i think this property is a bit overpriced...but what can i say - its beach front and there are worse properties that are oceanfront
OVerall - not so great but could have been better had we not have to pay for all those extras

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear mchi0511,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear you thought we were a bit expensive. I'm not sure when you stayed but it may have been over a peak time when rooms rates tend to be higher. I was happy to hear my staff was really nice and that your room was clean.

Christy Galzerano

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Always a great stay. The staff always takes care of me and is prompt in service. Hotel is right on the water and in a good area to walk to many popular spots. Anytime I am in the area I will stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Horbie,

Loved your short & sweet review of our hotel and the rating of all 5's. We look forward to taking caring of you again on your next stay!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is located on Cocoa Beach, and has great views of the ocean. The air conditioning was loud when it kicked in, which made it more difficult to sleep. However, the room was clean, the staff very welcoming, the pool was the perfect temperature, and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant was good. However, the thing that set this hotel apart was the staff going the extra mile for us when the battery on our rental car went dead. Their Maintenance Manager came and jumped it for us and didn't ask for a penny in return! We then went to Ron Jon's Surf Shop up the street, and the battery died again even after letting it charge for a while. We called the hotel and they sent someone over with jumper cables to get the car started so we could get back to the hotel. What unbelievable service!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brian J C,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel...I was THRILLED to read about how well my team took care of you and your dead car battery! I found out it was my Chief Engineer - Gary that jumped your car here in the parking lot. Then, I found out my front desk agent - Ivan, actually drove down to Ron Jon's to jump your car there. We celebrated his awesome customer service and gave him a little goody bag. I feel very lucky to have team members like this at the hotel. I was disappointed to only receive a rating of "3" from you, due to the A/C. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for many years. As a HH diamond member they really take care of their customers. Location is great, right on the beach! Also very close to shopping, restaurants and the Cocoa Beach Pier.

Dear Jeffrey V,

Thank you for your Excellent review of our hotel and for being such a loyal customer!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Front staff at check in was wonderful! It was our anniversary and she up-graded our room to a balcony. Room was good. We enjoyed dinner at a local restaurant, and going back to hotel we were able to walk on the beach. Location was great. The problem was at 1am the room next to ours went into party mode. After 20 minutes and a few bangs on the wall I called the front desk. In 5 minutes I could hear the security guy's walking-talkie, but as far as I could tell, no action was taken. The party ended at 2:15am and I got back to sleep at 4am. My poor husband had to get up and go to work that day. I mentioned it to the staff at check out and she just said I should have call security. I told her I did and she apologized.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Karen R,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise from another guest. We're typically pretty tough on noise complaints and have a 1 warning system. If we have to go to a room a second time, we ask them to leave. I'm not sure what happened in your situation but more than an hour of noise should have been taken care of by security and I'm sorry that didn't happen. I was very happy to read that other than the noise complaint, you were very happy with the hotel and your stay with us, and thought the front desk staff was wonderful. If you want to email me your contact information, I would like to make things right for you. My email is Christy.galzerano@hilton.com. Thanks again for the review and we hope you will visit again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room was clean. The handle on the toilet was broken and the toilet ran all of the time...when we could flush it. We stayed for the park and cruise rate and our car was fine when we returned. The value was worth the stay.

Dear Cathy L,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry the room wasn't perfect when you checked in, but am happy it was so clean. I hope you will try us again!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

had no problem rooms where very clean. everyone was very kind. only had one washcloth that was my only complaint, but all I had to do was ask for more. then I needed more coffee cream and she gave it to me with no problem. I for got my toothpaste thought there would be some in the room, my mistake. got some from publix. thank you I needed to relax cause we had a flood in my house on Thurs. the 12 of Sept. so I was there while they were drying out my house with all the dryers so I was very comfortable, the Ins. co. told us to leave while they cleaned up for us......that was nice.

Dear Angel B,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. While we don't have toothpaste, etc. in the rooms, we always have the "forget me" items available from the front desk or housekeeping at no charge. I hope you are settled back in your house and that's it's all dried out!