“Sunrise walk and good waves”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Sunrise walk and good waves”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was clean the service was great. I left my bathing suit in the room and they mailed it back to me! That really made me feel great about my stay. The breakfast and happy hour added to the value.
I will defiantly be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Liz M,

I'm glad you were able to enjoy a sunrise walk on the beach. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel, I'm happy to hear your room was clean, the service was great and we took care of your lost and found item. See you next time!

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently stayed here overnight in preparation for a cruise at Port Canaveral. The hotel was very clean and in good condition. It was an older property that appeared to have been re-modeled. The room had plenty of space for me, my wife and 15 year old. The beds were very comfortable. We were tired from travelling all day, and their comfort put us to sleep immediately. The people at the hotel were very friendly including the front desk staff and the English lady that cared for the executive club on the top floor. The hotel is a perfect location it is within minutes of the cruise port. There are several restaurants and shopping close buy. There were at least two Publix Grocery stores to stock up with if needed. It is also right on the beach if you want to take a dip. We did not use the pool, but it seemed ok. The breakfast in the morning was little lacking but we got it cheap with my gold status with Hilton so I cannot complain too much about it. The bacon was little under done, but they brought out more when I spoke to them about it. Overall, It was an excellent stay and I will stay here again if the situation calls for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach and not the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear DEdwards24,

Thank you for the excellent review you gave us! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially the clean & remodeled rooms, the Trident Club, comfortable beds and the staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited here to make a change from my usual hotel nearer the cruise port. There was a bit of a line at check in but this was very quickly dealt with. The room was a little dated but very clean and perfectly comfortable. The hotel was very quiet despite being full which is always welcome having travelled a long way.
The hotel has a restaurant on site which seemed reasonable if a little pricey. There are a couple of places within easy walking distance too.
The only snag was a bit of a mess at breakfast. I had pre-paid and it turned out that I should have been given a voucher at check in. No one had mentioned this and I assumed that there was a list that the restaurant staff had that would tell them not to charge me. When I got to breakfast, I explained that I had pre-paid and was taken to a seat but then had all the prices explained to me. At this point, I realised something wasn't right and after a lot a questioning, I finally found out from the server that I should have had a voucher. I went to reception and all was quickly sorted but it took a lot longer to get to that stage than it really should have done.
This was only a minor problem and I hope to stay again next time I am passing through.
They were not running a shuttle to the cruise terminal but cabs were about $12.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear tdng,

Thank you for leaving one of our competitor hotels to give us a try. I wish your stay would have been perfect, and that you wouldn't have had to deal with the breakfast mixup. I'm glad it was resolved and even happier that you want to stay with us again next time you're in our area!

Tampa, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel messed up my reservation, and my dates were changed. They did make an effort to fix the problem. Which led to an upgrade. But, even the upgraded room was poor quality, with an extremely loud A/C unit, a foul sewer smell, and extremely out-dated decor, and hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Charles F
Dear Charles F,

I was sorry to hear your reservation was not as you expected, but I was happy to hear my staff fixed it and even upgraded you to make things right. Regarding the outdated, poor quality room...if you have a chance, please email me at christy.galzerano@hilton.com with any details regarding this. We just finished a remodel in 2012 and would love to hear what specifically we can do to update the room more. Thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were leaving for a Disney Cruise from Port Canaveral on May 30th and decided to stay at the Doubletree the night before. Check in could not have been any easier and we got our yummy warm cookie and vouchers for a complimentary drink from the bar. I think the vouchers were for being Hilton Honors members. We had a small verandah with a nice view of the ocean. The bedding was awesome and the pillows were very comfortable. The shower was tile with glass doors. They offer very nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries and have thick fluffy towels. The room had a refrigerator which came in handy. The bartender was very nice and talkative when we went to get our drink. The hotel is directly on the beach so my husband and I were able to take a nice stroll that night. We didn't use the pool but did check it out and while it is small, it is a very nice area. They offer an express checkout if you have a credit card on your account and slide the bill under your door so you have to do nothing when your ready to leave except call down to the front desk. We really liked this. We really enjoyed our stay here and will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear tweis,

Thank you for staying with us before your cruise, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope you had a great cruise.

Milano
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location, large room. Swimming pool, beachfront. Breakfast a la carte with very small portions. Service good, clean. Huge parking. Quiet area. Fitness area is also available and well equipped

• Stayed June 2013
Dear lucabran,

Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear you thought our hotel was so nice, except for the breakfast portions. I will talk with our Chef regarding this. I do hope you will stay with us next time you are in the Cocoa Beach area.

St. Catharines
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here prior to a cruise. The desk was very accommodating in allowing early check in and we also received a room upgrade. The room was large and comfortable, the only problem we experienced with this property was that the room air conditioner was a little too loud for our liking. We enjoyed the pool, dining room and the beach access. We ate several meals in the dining room and service was good. There was a supermarket directly across the street, which was convenient. We made use of the business centre, and were able to book our ride to the cruise ship terminal at the desk of the hotel store. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPG_9,

It was nice to hear our front desk team took such good care of you and got you checked in early to an upgraded room. Of course I always love to hear that you, "would definitely book with us again". Thank you for your review and look forward to your next stay with us.