“A little dated and worn, but the nicest property on the ocean!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
“A little dated and worn, but the nicest property on the ocean!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed a few night, pre-Disney cruise. Perfect location and great amenities.
The town of Cocoa Beach was very dated. Lots of motels and hotels that hadn't been updates since the 70s.
This Doubletree was, by far, the nicest oceanfront property in Cocoa Beach.
Upon arrival, the hotel exterior needed a little TLC, but once inside the lobby it was nicer.
We requested club level, but it was not available as a large cardiology conference was in also.
That was disappointing.
The room we had was not awesome, but was fairly updated, clean and had an ocean view.
Mini fridge, microwave, coffee and a big flat screen tv.
Balcony threshold and doors need replaced.
The pool area and the boardwalk to the ocean was the best part!
Absolutely beautiful landscaping and pool area. Beach was right there too!
Restaurant staff went above and beyond in helping us celebrate 2 birthdays!
All in all, a nice visit to kick off our cruise!

Room Tip: Select Club level, if available!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Seasideshopaholic,

While I was disappointed that you thought our hotel was a little dated and worn, I was excited you thought we were the nicest oceanfront hotel in Cocoa Beach and would stay with us again. I'm glad you felt our location was "perfect" and that our pool and boardwalk to the beach were the best part. I'm also happy to hear our restaurant staff took such great care of you and helped you celebrate 2 birthdays. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Eudora, Kansas
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our family of 19 stayed 2 nights. We had king rooms on the executive floor. The hotel was very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful. The benefits on the executive floor include cocktails and snacks in the evening and continental breakfast in the mornings. We were very happy with those extras. The best thing at the doubletree was the beach area. Nice beach and not nearly as crowded as the pier area. The view from the hotel was great. The pool area was clean and comfortable with lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas. We enjoyed our stay a lot. Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear KarlaG4Kids,

Wow - 19 family members, sounds like fun! I'm so glad you all enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for such a glowing recommendation. See you next time!

Nowata, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at Cocoa Beach! This Doubletree Hotel is located right on the beach and the view from the room was great too.
Some of the highlights of our stay include:
- Cookies from the front desk
- Award winning clam chowder (probably the best I've ever had)
- Staff hospitality.

I will stay here again if I our travel plans bring us back to Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swoote
Dear swoote,
We are so glad you had such a great time at our hotel and were able to enjoy our Award Winning Clam Chowder and our famous Doubletree Cookies! I hope you get down this way again soon.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in Florida. I was lucky to win a 2 night stay at this hotel, so I took a friend to the beach. This gave me a rest from my exhausting vacation activities.
We were greeted by those warm chocolate chip cookies. I was also given some coupons, including one for a free 'blue' drink in the lounge for having a rewards card.
The front desk staff was very helpful.
I enjoyed the prearrival welcome letter that included a list of items I could request if needed.
We had a room maybe on the 3rd or 4th floor. There was a partial ocean view. The only drawback there was the loud air conditioner below. When I passed the front desk later, I was asked if everything was ok. I mentioned the air conditioner, and was offered a move, however the room would have been further from the ocean. We decided to stay. It was so nice to be able to see the beach and the ocean waves.
We picked up some groceries at the Publix across the street and stocked the small refrigerator.
After a walk on the beach, we ate dinner in the room. It was time to head out to the Cocoa Beach Pier. We watched the surfers and walked out to the end of the pier. It was a little bit cool and windy, but we had a nice evening with a view of the sunset.
Next morning we spent some time on the beach, then hit the pool. The pool was warm enough, and there were only a few people in it at any time. It did seem to have a bit of a 'bathtub ring'. There were plenty of chaise lounges to relax in.
On our last morning, we walked on the beach again after breakfast. It was a beautiful day!
The room was clean. The bedding was comfortable. The bathroom amenities were nice, by Crabtree and Evelyn. There was a sewing kit and a shower cap on the sink too.
I plan on staying at this hotel again! Thanks again to the sponsor of the contest!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid air conditioner noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear kame ;.

I'm glad you were able to relax for a couple days at our hotel during your 2 weeks in Florida. The beach is always a great getaway, especially from all the theme parks. Thank you for such a detailed review of our hotel and am happy to hear you will stay with us again next time you're in the area! See you then.

Ogden, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We found our rooms at the Double Tree to be nice, comfortable, and very clean. Housekeeping did a great job tidying them up each day of our stay. Wonderful location right on cocoa beach. Beautiful view from our balcony of the ocean. Nice pool area. A warm cookie at check in is a nice personal touch. We have stayed in this hotel before, and will stay here again next time we are in Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kay H,

Thank you for your repeat business to our hotel and thank you for such a great review. I'm so happy your room was so clean, that you liked the ocean view and the pool area. We look forward to your next visit.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree for two nights before going on a cruise off Cape Canaveral.

The location is wonderful - right on the beach. Rooms and public areas seem a little worn out, and especially the elevators seem very old. It takes forever to use them and they are making this insane beeping sound that will drive you crazy if you go up and down several times a day. Or maybe I'm just sound sensitive ;)

Pool is tiny and looks a little scruffy.

I wasn't impressed with the breakfast buffet. Tried both the continental one and the larger one, and neither of them were very delicious. Powdery scrambled eggs and greasy sausages. Fruit that was very impressive in size and colour, but didn't taste from anything. I also missed a whole grain bread option, but realize now that this is very hard to find in any restaurants in the US.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere in general is very nice and amiable.

OK value for money I guess, but don't expect too much of the food and the interior.

Suggestion for female travellers: Just across the street from the hotel, at Hollywood Nails, I had my nails done, and it was the best nail job I ever had :)

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Filotsky,

I was happy to read that you thought our location was "wonderful", the staff friendly and the atmosphere was nice and amiable. I was sorry to hear you weren't impressed with our breakfast and that the hotel was a little worn. We are continually upgrading the hotel as it takes a beating sometimes and I do hope you will try us again if you are in the Cocoa Beach area.

Woodside, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff was really friendly and they went out of their way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. My only complaint is that they have very thin walls (use your imagination). The pool is small but does the trick. The beach is steps away and very convenient. There is a refrigerator inside the room (which is good when traveling with children). Here's my plus: Room service prices were not ridiculous like other places we've been to and the food was pretty good. My negative (besides the thin walls) - the room is nothing special and needs some TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lovebird 2012,

I wish you would have had a more peacful experience at our hotel and am sorry you could hear your neighbors. I was glad that our staff was "really friendly" and went out of their way to take care of you.