“Great Hotel on the Beach”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Ogden, United States
“Great Hotel on the Beach”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We found our rooms at the Double Tree to be nice, comfortable, and very clean. Housekeeping did a great job tidying them up each day of our stay. Wonderful location right on cocoa beach. Beautiful view from our balcony of the ocean. Nice pool area. A warm cookie at check in is a nice personal touch. We have stayed in this hotel before, and will stay here again next time we are in Cocoa Beach.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Kay H,

Thank you for your repeat business to our hotel and thank you for such a great review. I'm so happy your room was so clean, that you liked the ocean view and the pool area. We look forward to your next visit.

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree for two nights before going on a cruise off Cape Canaveral.

The location is wonderful - right on the beach. Rooms and public areas seem a little worn out, and especially the elevators seem very old. It takes forever to use them and they are making this insane beeping sound that will drive you crazy if you go up and down several times a day. Or maybe I'm just sound sensitive ;)

Pool is tiny and looks a little scruffy.

I wasn't impressed with the breakfast buffet. Tried both the continental one and the larger one, and neither of them were very delicious. Powdery scrambled eggs and greasy sausages. Fruit that was very impressive in size and colour, but didn't taste from anything. I also missed a whole grain bread option, but realize now that this is very hard to find in any restaurants in the US.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere in general is very nice and amiable.

OK value for money I guess, but don't expect too much of the food and the interior.

Suggestion for female travellers: Just across the street from the hotel, at Hollywood Nails, I had my nails done, and it was the best nail job I ever had :)

• Stayed April 2013
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Filotsky,

I was happy to read that you thought our location was "wonderful", the staff friendly and the atmosphere was nice and amiable. I was sorry to hear you weren't impressed with our breakfast and that the hotel was a little worn. We are continually upgrading the hotel as it takes a beating sometimes and I do hope you will try us again if you are in the Cocoa Beach area.

Woodside, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff was really friendly and they went out of their way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. My only complaint is that they have very thin walls (use your imagination). The pool is small but does the trick. The beach is steps away and very convenient. There is a refrigerator inside the room (which is good when traveling with children). Here's my plus: Room service prices were not ridiculous like other places we've been to and the food was pretty good. My negative (besides the thin walls) - the room is nothing special and needs some TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lovebird 2012,

I wish you would have had a more peacful experience at our hotel and am sorry you could hear your neighbors. I was glad that our staff was "really friendly" and went out of their way to take care of you.

Calgary
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a great hotel for beach access. The hotel is older but the rooms have been remodeled and everything feels new. Bathroom is small but clean and modern. Staff was great. Cocoa Beach Pier was great for dinner. Enjoyed our stay but was very happy it was the low season (mid May). Would not want to return during the busy season.

Dear bonefishwidow,

Thank you for staying with us during off season, it's definitely the best time to travel. It was nice to hear you like the remodel and the beach access, and that our staff was great. I hope you will stay with us again - especially during off season!

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 a.m., check-in is at 3:00. I asked the woman at the front desk for recommendations on how to spend the day, while we waited to check in. Not only did she have great suggestions, she took my cell phone number and called me when my room was ready! She remembered me, by name, when I returned. Truly amazing service! The hotel has a nice pool and a short boardwalk to the beach. We rented an umbrella and two chairs from the gift shop and enjoyed the beautiful beach. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the pizza and steak were both delicious. From now on, this is the only hotel we're going to use when we're in the area.

Dear TWorkTraveler,

Thank you for rating us 5's on your review - it really makes a difference in our ranking! I'm glad our front desk gave you such personalized service and got you checked in early. It was also nice to hear you enjoyed our restaurant's steak and pizza. I love being your hotel of choice! Thanks again for the review and see you next time.

Mountain View, CA, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Front deck was very nice and fast. The hall on the 4th floor smelled of burnt popcorn. The room smelled moldy. Nice view from the balcony to get fresh air. Internet was ...well... Two different PC's and neither one could get on with enough strength to even get to Google home page. Tech help said sorry and implied that it was my PC's. Kids running down the halls were very loud, late into the night. not recommended for a buiseness trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Billy M,

I was disappointed to read that your experience as a business traveler was not a good one. Internet is crucial and I'm sorry it didn't meet your needs. We did increase our bandwith back in January to 30mgs which improved things quite a bit. We are now changing over to the Hilton Stay Connected service the first week of July which should make all the problems go away. I'm glad our front desk was fast and frienly and that you liked th view. I do hope you will give us another try if you are in the area.

Navarre, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited this hotel again this year for work meeting. Found it to still be clean, convenient, and comfortable. Some work is going on and may affect some rooms. Windows were being cleaned. My room was 419 and I could see the ocean. Staff are friendly and I would stay again. There is a mini fridge in the room, flat screen TV, iron/board, hair dryer. The coffee service is the only thing I do not like. It is a knock off mini packet thing and it is not good coffee.

Showers are still a highlight

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear dkorwood,

Thank you for your repeat business, I'm glad we continue to to be a clean, convenient and comfortable hotel for you. When you stayed, Doubletree required our in-room coffee to be Wolfgang Puck. They have recently changed over to a new brand, "The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf" company, which is a much better coffee. Thanks for your review, you'll have to let me know your thoughts on the new coffee, next time you stay with us.