“Not a great Hilton experience...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed January 30, 2013

When it's a Hilton property you raise your expectations a bit so I guess thats why I really wasn't impressed staying here. Check-in was easy, no issues. A staff member took my bags to my room for me upon request and tipped. When I came into the room, there was no funky smells -good, but I did notice that the bathroom had not been cleaned well. I found hair on the soap dispenser in the shower/tub area and another long hair by the water valve. Additionally, there was water, a lot of water, on the floor between the commode and the sink, like someone had taken a shower and not used the curtain. Outside of the bathroom, the rest of the room was fine. The restaurant was great and I ate breakfast and had cocktails at the bar one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear inet_dude,

I was disappointed to read your review, I'm sorry your stay was not a good experience. It certainly doesn't sound typical of my hotel and I would like to get to the bottom of what happened. If possible, could you please email me with the details of your stay so I can research this? My email address is christy.galzerano@hilton.com. Thank you so much.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have spent literally months at this hotel in the last couple years. Yes, as a Diamond member I have grown very fond of the staff. Everyone involved, the cleaning crew, front desk, management, bar/restaurant and of course the executive lounge hostesses. This place is really my home away from home at times and regardless if it has been weeks or months since I have stayed there last, a warm welcome and friendly smile always greets me, thank you.

So the new owners have taken over. I know I don't speak alone on this matter and yes, I am sure this is very nit picky, but why cancel the weekend executive lounge privileges? I feel it has taken a slight draw down on the business travelers that frequent the hotel. I understand its on the weekend and most business travelers are M-F, but there are those who are there through the weekend and not to mention the ones who have the weekend get aways to the beach and find out that the executive lounge happy hour doesn't exist. So, on behalf of all of those who I have heard murmur and complain, would the new owners consider restablishing the happy our executive floor privileges once again?

I don't need or want an excuse from management. I know this was not a management decision. I also know that the current management is absolutely 100% OUTSTANDING and that they do all they can to accomodate their guests. Sorry to hear about the little fire incident, but trust me, my coworkers that were their were very impressed on how it was all handled, despite other negative reviews.

This place is a great place overall. The award winning clam chowder is fantastic, the two drink certificates you get at the bar in lieu of the executive lounge are a minor consolation, but the comradery endured in the private setting (no kids) of the executive lounge can not be replaced. The scent of the wood fired oven is addicting and the chef does an excellent job. I truly love this hotel and staff. You would think as much as I go there for business, it would be the last place I would want to be when I am not at work. Quite the contrary, it is the first place I would love to be to take a weekend away.

I hope the owners listen to this one lone customer :)
Thanks!

Room Tip: Basically from October thru February, a south room will provide a nice view of the sunset/sunrise.
1  Thank Conrad O
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to our cruise, the front desk staff was very nice and accomodating! Hotel is directly on the beach; we were not able to take advantage as the weather was cold but the view was great.
Lots of shopping near the hotel and about a 10 minute taxi ride to the pier - would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had the Executive Level - LOVED IT!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear FloridaDebi,

It's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel so much, especially the executive level. I hope you can stay a little longer next time and enjoy warmer weather!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is right on the beach in Cocoa Beach, about a 1/2 mile down from the shopping area - convenient Publix grocery store right across street. We had an ocean front room - 5th floor with a balcony - king size bed and plenty of room for our "stuff". We stayed a week and it was refreshing to have plenty of room to put our luggage and other stuff without tripping over it all the time. Balcony overlooked the pool and dunes and beach - we could watch the action at the pool and on the beach, go to bed listening to the sound of the ocean, and wake up to beautiful sunrises. Bed was comfortable with top of the line linens, (pillows & duvet). I loved the fact that there was an actual throw on the end of the bed instead of a useless runner. Fridge was large - about 2 times the size of the tiny ones you see in so many places - but no freezer compartment. Microwave and coffee pot with pods. Inconvenient for short folks because the coffee pot sits on top of m/w, and you can’t see where you are pouring the water. Large flat screen TV with lots of channels. Walk in shower - brand new with glass door - bathroom is decent size, but not huge. Lots of hot water and decent water pressure. Again, inconvenient for short folks to turn on shower without getting wet. One easy chair and a desk chair - not enough plugs to keep all our electronic gear charged - but we made do. Lobby is modern and spacious with a real beach feel- very nice but no so fancy you feel uncomfortable going downstairs in bare feet and a bathing suit. We didn’t eat in restaurant - so no info on how the food or service was. Gift shop open in morning and early afternoon and then in later evening after dinner - very convenient. Everything clean, maintained well, and fresh. Pool was wonderful with plenty of lounges for everyone to spread out some - I was very pleased by the fact that pool deck was multi-level and there were quiet or more private spaces to stretch out and read. Beach access is right at pool, with shower for sand removal. Wide beach that was very enjoyable for walking and shelling. Staff was friendly and helpful. Maids were not as consistent as I would have liked but did a nice job cleaning. We had a wonderful relaxing time- and we will return to this hotel when we come back to town in the future.
One thing - we were also at the hotel when it was evacuated. Staff tried their best - put us up at the Hilton, escorted us to our room to retrieve overnight belongings, and has the hotel ready the next morning for us to get back into our room. Not the experience I was looking for - but I thought they handled it well.

Room Tip: every room has an ocean view and a balcony - so you can save money if you dont want to pay for ocean...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank b1sally

Dear b1sally,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel - it should be helpful for other potential guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your week with us, even through the evacuation. We are so glad to be back to business as usual so quickly. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Double Tree Cocoa Beach hotel was the site for our National Sales Meeting. The staff was very accommodating, every event went off without a hitch, the food was amazing, and all of the attendees seemed very pleased with the rooms and atmosphere. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel. The fact that it is located on the beach is a definite bonus and the cleanliness of the rooms was very impressive.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We recently conducted our destination Sales Meeting here. We could not have been more pleased with the staff and meeting facilities! It was the perfect size for our group. Also, the hotel staff was friendly, extremely helpful and accomodating! The location is also wonderful...great pool and pool deck, and a short walk to the beach! We received several compliments from our representatives regarding the hotel and facilities and will definitely consider conducting another destination Sales Meeting at this hotel. I will be sure to recommend this hotel, and I hope to vacation here one day too! Thanks DoubleTree Cocoa Beach Oceanfront for a wonderful experience! :)

1  Thank Lisa L

Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for such a nice review, I'm so glad you and your group enjoyed our hotel so much! We look forward to your next visit with us on vacation, when you can relax!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff was friendly, The room was spacious and clean, Was on the beach and had a pool, The food was great. We cruise out of Port Canaveral twice a year if not more and we arrive a day early. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S

Dear Tim S,

I am so glad to hear how much you liked our hotel and staff. Thank you for taking the time to review us. See you before your next cruise!