“Excellent place to take a break”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
UK
“Excellent place to take a break”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This hotel is as it's name suggests right on the ocean. The rooms are spacious but the fabric of the building is in need of attention. This does not detract from the overall experience which is good. I would particularly single out the front desk staff Jennifer and Cassandra for a special mention. They could not have been more helpful and their local knowledge was impressive.
The breakfast and happy hours on the 6th floor were a pleasant diversion if a little limited.
The pool is small but with the ocean 300 feet away - so what?

Room Tip: If you want daytime sun ask for south facing rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Cheshire
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed for 3 days but wished we had booked for more. Loved the location right on the beach easy access to mall and Cocoa town. Melborne well worth the trip to the mall. Staff in hotel helpful and service was great. Will stay in this hotel when we are next in Florida. Excellent value for money. Our room had a balcony which was great. Good views of the beach.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We have enjoyed this hotel for the last five years watching our children learn to swim in their fabulous pool. Service is outstanding starting with the night manager Brian, who runs the hotel as if it were his own home. We would highly recommend paying extra for the executive floor, breakfast and hospitality hour are wonderful. A special thanks to Ann and Kathy for their amazing personalities.

What we noticed the most, every employee goes above and beyond to ensure the guests comfort. Always with a smile. Our housekeeping staff member Blanca is the best!

We look forward to many years of enjoying this hotel and the outstanding beach, our home away from home:)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lifeoleisure
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 17, 2011
Dear Lifeoleisure,

I'm Christy Galzerano, General Manager at the Doubletree by Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel. Thank you for your positive feedback, and especially the kind words about our team. I have passed your compliments on to them with a kudos!

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us each year. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Indianapolis
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I booked this hotel for spring break after spending a few days in Orlando. I requested an executive level upgrade with my Hilton honors account and I was disappointed to find out it wasn't granted upon check in. This hotel is right on the beach and is in a more quiet area of the strip- which I was glad about. The rooms are small, bathrooms are small and the beds are small. Nearly all the balconies face parking lots or other buildings; your "ocean view" is partial at best. This hotel is along the lines of a Holiday Inn Express- pretty basic. The restaurant is lifeless and generic. My major complaint is the maintenance of the pool. It stormed a couple of times while we were there and they only seemed to clean the pool in the morning. My daughter and I tried to swim in the evening, only to find the pool full of debris and unusable. The pool is also extremely small- a dozen kids will fill it up to completely. Overall, expect to be treated to basic amenities and limited service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank IndianapolisMK
Dear IndianapolisMK,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Detailed comments such as yours help me to pinpoint issues we can improve upon.

I am so sorry your stay was not what you had expected it to be and seemed "just basic". That is certainly not the experience we strive to achieve for our guests. While I can't change the size of our pool, the maintenance and cleanliness of it is completely in our control and I have already worked with our staff to ensure it is clean at all times of the day.

If there is anything I can do to ensure a future stay with us exceeds your expectations, please call me at (321)868-1367. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay.

Vacaville, California
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Short and sweet: My ocean view room actually was far away from the ocean and what I really saw was mostly roof with all the electrical equipment. This old hotel seems to have been a motel or something before then Doubletree bought it but it really does not seem like the Doubletree that I am used to. It was like the room door was made of cardboard- heard everything! happening in the hall. The bed was comfortable like I am used to at Doubletree. The front desk was nice. Would probably stay somewhere else next time. The restaurant they advised me to go to in the area was a dive. Business center has 2 computers and the printer did not work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mcoreo2
Dear mcoreo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the comfort of our Sweet Dreams bedding as well as the friendliness of our staff.

I am sorry about the noise you experienced from nearby rooms, as well as the less than ideal oceanview you had from your room. Our guest rooms on higher floors have better ocean views and we would be happy to book a room for you in location if you decide to try us again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and on behalf of my entire team, please accept our apologies for less than perfect stay. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Cocoa Beach.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions and fell in love with it. If you are looking for a low-key, nice hotel on a nice, quiet beach. Parking is so easy and you can slip in through the side door within a few step and go right to your room instead of going all the way through the lobby. The workout center is nice as well. The heated pool is so nice and this hotel has easy beach access. Cocoa beach is such a nice place to visit because there are so many other things you can do besides go to the beach. The hotel offers brochures and directions to an amazing zoo and some decent shopping. It is also an hour or so from Disney World. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a nice, private hotel with not so many people. It's very quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have to say this is one of the best hotel experiences I have had in awhile. We stayed here in mid-March after being in Orlando for a week. Booked on the Executive Floor for three nights, which is well worth the extra money for the continential breakfast and "happy hour" drinks in late afternoon.

Greeted at front desk with a smile and the famous cookies. Room was as advertised, balcony with partial ocean view on northside facing the pier and another condo. Great for late afternoon viewing and sipping of beverages. Room had very comfortable king bed,premium bedding and mattress,microwave,small bar fridge,small seating area.

Hotel area-Attractive common areas,business center with two free use computers
Small to average size pool with many seating areas around it, chaise loungers with cushions and umbrella's. Direct acess to beach via a small boardwalk through the dunes. Shower area to get the sand off and clean up toys and chairs.

The staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs and were extremely friendly and helpful. One of the managers,Brian, noted that there was a lack of restaurant staff one afternoon and made sure that there was someone available the next day to take drink orders and lunch orders in the pool area. I noticed he was helpful with another visitor who had to store luggage for a couple days while they visited Disney. These people want your business and were more than willing to make you happy. True Customer Service is so rare today. This hotel staff throughout were walking the walk rather than just giving lip service to the term.

I had such a great stay that I can't wait to visit again. You know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple