“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed the night here before getting on the cruise ship. This place was quiet, clean, smelled good, beds were comfortable, breakfast was good, and quality was good. Pool was big, and lots to do around the hotel. Would stay here again anyday. Not a grand hotel but a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Clean, safe, and many things to do near here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Greetings Amanda!

Thank you so much for taking time to write! We really do value our guests and their feedback!

I'm glad to see you had such a great stay! The team here works very hard to make sure our property is ready for our guests. From Front Desk to Housekeeping to Maintenance, these teams of people do everything they can to make sure our rooms are clean, our pool is clear and our guests are satisfied. It's great to see that all that work came through to you loud and clear.

We hope you will join us in the fall when we have new rooms, a new lobby and a new breakfast area!

lq0622gm@laquinta.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Turkish first
Chattanooga
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After a bad experience with another hotel, I wish I had booked La Quinta first. Everything was great and Julie was very helpful at check in. The rooms were clean and relaxing. We didn't have any problems with noise although we did hear a barking dog once in a while. We stayed 7 nights and overall couldn't ask for a better place. I do wish they would change their breakfast menu up once in a while; a week of the same menu gets a little old although the food was good.

Room Tip: We stayed pool side which was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Marcia,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review!

We truly value our guests and the feedback they provide. I'm glad to see you had such a pleasant stay! Our team works very hard to ensure each and every guests have a great experience!

We do have plans for new rooms, a new lobby and a new breakfast area in the fall - I do hope you will return to see them!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My stay was great. My room was clean and the desk clerks were friendly and helpful. I stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise and was highly satisfied with my stay here and would recommend to anyone looking at spending time in Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback! We truly value our guests!

I'm glad to see you had such a great stay! Our staff spends a great deal of time working to ensure every guest leaves satisfied with their stay. Service is the foundation of our hotel - we want every guest to feel like friends when they arrive and family when they leave.

Your comments will be passed along to the entire team! We hope you return soon to see the new room, new lobby, new breakfast area and exterior updates we have in the works for the Fall of this year!

Thank you again for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated

NH
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The place was super busy and loud. kids were running around at all hours. people were knocking at our door several times at 6-7am. the parking was very limited when place was full, so people were double parking and parking in the street. People were getting drunk by the pool. the place was out of control, i am shocked it got as good of a rating on TA as it has. The toilet was about to fall off the wall and the rooms need updating. We were glad that only stayed there for one night, couldn't wait to checkout.

• Stayed June 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback! We truly value our guests!

It looks as though you faced some challenges during your stay. Sadly I don't have a great deal of information provided to me via Trip Advisor. I would welcome the chance to address your concerns and correct any mistakes you encountered. Please contact me directly and I would like to assist further.

Our staff works very hard to ensure every guest leaves satisifed with their stay, and it's sad to see that didn't happen in your case. We do have plans for major rennovations this fall. New rooms, new lobby, new breakfast area and some additional updates to the exterior!

Thank you for providing us feedback, I look foward to speaking with you soon!

Beebe, Arkansas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed there June 7-8 and it was impossible to get a good night's sleep. Some people staying there were very loud outside through all hours of the night ... might have had something to do with the bar located at the hotel; might also have had to do with the fact that there was a big gap between the door and door jam (which we tried to block with towels). Speaking of towels, the hotel had the softest towels of anywhere we stayed on our vacation. It also had a very nice breakfast and breakfast room and a nice light-blocking curtain, which was negated somewhat by the gap around the door. If not for the noise and the gap, and the hardest beds of anywhere we stayed, we'd probably be happy to return. The air conditioner also sang us a tune every time it went off, but it wasn't loud enough to be a bother.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Greetings Steve,

Thank you so much for writing! We value our guests and the feedback they provide us!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you found with your room, the gap in particular. If you could, please contact me directly so I can get some additional information from you? I'd like to get that corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you for the kind words about our linen. Our houskeeping team has very particular methods they use to keep our linen soft, clean and durable! I will ensure your comments are passed along.

Thank you again for the feedback, I look foward to speaking with you soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I traveled and stayed in a hotel for the first time with my dog this weekend and stayed at La Quinta, Cocoa Beach. With this being the first time I've ever (intentionally) stayed at a hotel that allowed pets to stay, I didn't expect the quality and cleanliness that I got. After reading one of the previous reviews which stated their room smelled like urine, I came prepared with my carpet deodorizer and Lysol spray. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room and the carpet was very clean and the room smelled fresh. I didn't have to use the carpet deodorizer at all (I always use my Lysol spray no matter which hotel I stay at :-) ). Additionally, the room was very clean as well as the bed linen and towels. The staff was helpful and friendly, too. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Greetings Micky!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write. We have such a deep appreciation for our guests and the feedback they provide us!

It's great to see that you have read the review! In one sense, I'm saddened you felt you have to come prepared, but in the other sense I'm glad we were able to diminish any reservation you might have felt and provide you with something great!

Our team works very hard to ensure every guest has a clean room, a positive experience and wants to return-it sounds like we did exactly what we set out to do!

I invite you to return later this year when we will have new rooms, a new lobby, a new breakfast area and some addtional updates to the property. Our goal is to continually provide a service and a product that our guests enjoy! Thank you again for your review, I will make sure it's shared with our staff!