“Okay for brief stay”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“Okay for brief stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this LaQuinta as a base for a ship tour at Port Canaveral. The inn is a motel-style, with all entry doors off of the sidewalks or balconies. We had a second floor unit facing the pool. Although the soundproofing seemed adequate to filter out noises from neighboring units, we could hear shrieking from the pool and pounding footsteps on the outside passages until fairly late. There is no privacy from the window unless you close the very heavy drapes (very cave-like during daylight hours, but great for late sleeping). The room was furnished comfortably but a bit worn. The real rating reduction came from the general room housekeeping. The units have the split bath, with the sink/vanity outside of the toilet/shower area. When I closed the bathroom door it was absolutely filthy behind it, against the wall and in the floor area. I don't think anyone ever cleans back there! The door and trim could have used a good scrubbing from the grime and dirty hand marks, and the tub was not the cleanest.. Breakfast was good, including eggs and sausage, along with the the usual waffles, pastries, cereals and fruits. The pool was good-sized with seating options around.
If you are looking for a base for pre-cruise, this inn Is about 5 miles away and it is a direct and easy route, but I think there may be closer and more comfortable options (perhaps at a higher price).
As an aside, the Thai restaurant onsite is delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms along the back section, away from the traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time write! We really do appreciate our guest feedback - and you have given me some great feedback to work with.

First, I do apologize if the room did not meet your expectations - we work very hard to ensure that all of our rooms are ready and clean for our guests at check in. It sounds as though that just didn't happen. Please, contact me directly so I can discuss what steps I can take to make this right by you.

I will be speaking with our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to address the concerns you outlined, specifically behind the doors.

Thank you again for providing such a great description of you stay - you outlined some very postive items, as well as some areas we can improve. I appreciate that. Please note, we are planning a room renovation for the fall of this year. New look, new product and a new style! I invite you to return and have a "do-over" on your experience!

321-783-2252 ext 602

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Reasonable rates. 5 minute walk to the beach. Was exactly what I was expecting for the rate. They had a steel drum musician the weekend I was there. Exterior was well maintained. Room had tired carpet and dirty grout in the bathroom area, but otherwise was clean and basic. Breakfast was a mad house (April) and not particularly tasty. There is a Dennys in walking distance.

I put "sleep quality" at 3/5 because the music from the pool area can be loud during the afternoon/ evenings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lq0622GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback! We truly appreciate when a guest takes the time to write.

I am glad to hear your enjoyed our courtyard and the live music. We have spent a great deal of time renovating the courtyard and the exterior of the buidling.

We are fully aware that the rooms are in need of a facelift, and you should know we have a full room renovation planned for the fall of this year. New look, new product and a new style!

I personally invite you back to enjoy the "New" La Quinta Cocoa Beach later this year!

Thank you again for your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. I was very happy with the value. We got a room with 2 queen beds. It was perfect for 2 couples who just needed somewhere to get some rest after driving all night. We all slept very well. The hotel is in a nice area of cocoa beach. I think I want to go back and visit, and may stay at this hotel because of the great value. My friend and I went for a jog the next morning and loved how close we were to the beach. It's within walking distance. We walked our way back to the hotel on the beach. Our shuttle to Port Canaveral was around 11:00, so we got some drinks at the bar around 10. The bar told us that they weren't open yet, but happily gave us drinks to go. We took them down to the pool area and drank them. The bar had some great specials that I wish we could have taken more advantage of. Our shuttle took us to the port without a hitch. When we got back from the cruise, I realized I had not even asked where or when the shuttle would be there to pick us up. We called the hotel and they told us that the shuttle would be there very soon, and they were right. We got back to the hotel, jumped in our vehicle and made the long treck back to Michigan. It was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lq0622GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate the time you took to write!

I am very pleased to hear your stay went so well! Our goal is to make sure every guest has an experience like the one you outlined. Granted - we are not the newest property on the beach, in fact we are one of the oldest, but have some very strong historical ties to the area. We work very hard to ensure our guests, such as yourself, have everything they need, enjoy their stay and take full advantage of the surrounding amenities.

Thank you for visiting! Please come back later this year to experience our "NEW" rooms. New look, new product and new style!

Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my young family. Check in was fast and efficient and we stayed in a room on the second floor. By midnight the car park was really full so I am guessing the hotel was too but we had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was basic but did the job and there was a lovely lady on hand to assist. As others have said it was really clean and with a microwave and fridge in the room, very practical. And.....as we checked out I saw a little sign that told me the hotel was owned by the original seven astronaut's on NASA's Mercury space programme. Cool!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greetings! Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your guest feedback!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team works very hard to ensure that your experience is one that you will want to repeat again and again. I will happily pass your comments to our breakfast attendant - she loves the great feedback!

As you departed, I'm glad you noticed our connection to space history. Our property was owned by the Original 7 Mercury Astronauts! In fact in the mid 1960's our hotel was a media hotspot!!! Many broadcasts for the Mercury and Apollo program were done right here on our property!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay! We will have all "NEW" rooms in place by the fall of this year! New look, new product and new style!

Thank you again for your comments!

Mason
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I struggled to give this an average rather than poor but trying to give benefit of doubt. Okay... Smell creeped me from the start. Like a ton of air freshener trying to cover up musty mildew. Stopped here before our cruise for one night. (thank god as I found the accomodations somewhat depressing) We were a family of four, two adults a seven year old and 2 year old. Room size was fine, two queens and basic bathroom. It just didn't feel clean and certainly didn't smell fresh. Motel is the word here and any use of an H... for Hotel would be criminal. The entry photo of the front is wisely placed on their advertisements as it is the only part they should be sharing to gain visitors. The astronaut thing was unique and cute but couldn't compensate for having to sleep in a dark musty room. Breakfast was okay, but glad it was only scheduled for once on our trip. All in all, I would not return, but the location is good if your rooom isn't that important.

Room Tip: Looked like pool view may have been better. We were an outside room and it felt a little no tell mot...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We truly value the feedback from our guests!

I must personally apologize if the room did not meet your standards during your stay. We take every precaution to ensure that our rooms are clean and well maintainted for our guests upon thier arrival, sadly it sounds as though that just didn't happen in this case.

We are an older property, correct. We do have historical ties the Space Program, but, in no way should that detract from or overshadow the quality of the rooms, the customer service experience and your overall stay. Our goal is to make sure you leave feeling refreshed and optimistic about your stay.

I would like to ask, if you could, please contact me directly so I can get some additional information about your stay and ensure that your concerns are properly addressed.

We do have complete room renovations planned for this fall with a new look, new product and new style. I would like to welcome you back to experience our property again!

Again, thank you for your response. I look forward to hearing from you!

Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Probably the nicest La Quinta I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable, the bathroom luxurious with thick soft towels, even the lobby was beautiful. The desk clerks were top notch and really took pride in the hotel and in their jobs. The usual La Quinta breakfast was plentiful and fresh The hotel rates were expensive but I got a much better rate booking through Olotels, so check with them first. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greetings and thank you for your guest feedback! We appreciate the time you took to write!

I'm glad to hear you had such a great stay! Our staff work extra hard to ensure every guest recieves that "I can't wait to comeback" experience! I will happily pass your comments to the Front Desk and Housekeeping teams.

I invite you to return in the fall of this year as we will have all "NEW" rooms in place.

Thank you again for your response!