“Stayed for 1 night - would happily have stayed for 3 weeks!”

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Isle of Thanet, United Kingdom
“Stayed for 1 night - would happily have stayed for 3 weeks!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Booking our holiday it became apparent that we were not able to access our villa until a day after we arrived. Travelling further and further away from everything our hearts began to sink, thinking we had booked a flea infested motel. However, we were pleasantly surprised!!

Checked in at around 9pm FL time. Looks great from the front, the front desk is clean and tidy. The woman on the front desk was very helpful and friendly enough, directing us to our rooms as best as she could, the place is like a maze! To get to your rooms you must go outdoors hence why it's so confusing. But once you clock on that there is 2 floors you're fine. We got to our room, with 2 (massive!) double beds, large T.V, heater, decaf and normal coffee and machine, bathroom was small although very clean and fresh smelling. Iron was loacted in the cupboard and we also had a hair dryer, amongst normal toiletries etc.

We also went in the pool after we got there (to wake ourselves to get used to the time difference - good tip I was put onto there by the way!) which was also lovely, clean and well kept. Towels lovely, clean and soft as were the bed sheets. There were lots of TV channels to chose from and 2 alarm clocks for our use.

Breakfast was simple but extensive-make your own waffles, cereal, bread, yoghurt, muffins, doughnuts, fruit, jam etc. Were lots of choice for drinks too. The woman cleaning around the breakfast area at this point was a little rude if I'm honest: one of my only bad points about this hotel. The other was that sleep was disturbed around 3am with what sounded like a stag party. Not La Quinta's fault though really! Lovely food, lovely atmosphere. Lovely location, walk across the road and through another complex and you are literally on Cocoa Beach!

My boyfriend managed to procure some burgers somewhere in the La Quinta complex, whether these were from the restaurant I don't know however they were lovely too. Don't know if there was room service, so I can't comment on that.

Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone, you get amazing value for money!! I was travelling with my boyfriend and his family so I can safely say the resort applies to both couples and family. Was in Florida for 3 weeks in August and would happily have stayed there for longer than one night!

Room Tip: ask for one round the back and up a floor, not a brilliant view, its just some houses, but then you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jess c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had 2 nights here as a base for visiting the Space Center. Very helpful and pleasant check in - allowed in our room early. The rooms are rather dated, but large and clean. The motel is well located for the beach, but you have to cross a busy road and walk through another hotel's grounds.
Excellent, large swimming pool (and heated when we were there).
Breakfast was absolutely chaotic, with tables not cleaned down or foods replenished when they ran out - however, there only seemed to be one waitress working at the time and she was rushed off her feet. Much better the next day and calmer with items being replenished when required. This hotel was fine for a couple of nights on our road trip.

North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Clean room. Breakfast was very little, they didn't continuously fill items and there were a lot of people staying since everyone was leaving on a cruise that day.

Hotel is more like a motel, with doors leading to the outside instead of a hallway.

Walking distance to Ron Jon Surf Shop (1.5 miles)

Awesome restaurant attached to the hotel (Siam Orchid)

1 Thank Sheri S
Chico, CA
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked this hotel thinking it was the much better rated La Quinta Oceanfront & Suites. My mistake. However, this place worked out great for us! We hadn't rented a car for our two night stay, and hoped the place was walkable to other places.. The hotel is about a mile from downtown Cocoa Beach in one direction, and a mile or two from Ron Jon's surf shop in the other. This was easily walkable for my husband and I. The beach is right across the street through the International Palsm resort. Anyway:

The Good:
-Staff was excellent, and very accommodating. One woman even pulled stamps out of her own purse for me! They really just blew it out of the park. Everyone there deserves a raise.
-Computer for use in the lobby was helpful for pulling up our airline reservations.
-The Sapphire lounge (on site) had the best bartender ever. We were the only ones there and he helped us figure out plans, etc.
- Washers and dryers on site were helpful, as we were on an extended vacation.
- People looked like they were having fun playing shuffleboard.
- The breakfast was the best continental I've EVER had, let alone at this price point. The waffles were better than the ones I had on my much more expensive Disney cruise the next day. Yogurt, fruit, waffles, sausages, etc. Great coffee bar. Juice was watered down, but no big deal.
- The Siam Orchid was pretty good.

The Bad:
- Room smelled sort of musty, but I think this is just a Florida thing.
- Thin walls, heard the neighbors the whole time.
- $6 beer at Siam Orchid was not fresh, very flat.

I'm happy with my stay, but would probably try out somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view if you can.
2 Thank Kasey K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We checked in here late one night on our way back from Key West. Although it wasn't directly on the beach, it was close. And we didn't have that much time anyway. The hotel was clean and comfortable - and a very cool thing we found out was it was first owned by the Original Seven Astronauts! There's a plaque by the pool that gives their names and dates of their flights, etc. The breakfast was pretty standard - and they kept refilling everything. This trip was the first one where we took our dog, a 5-year-old shih tzu, and also our first one staying at La Quintas. We're impressed. There's no up-charge for pets, and they do a great job with keeping them clean and fresh-smelling. And they are a really good value for the money.

3 Thank misselaines
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a great hotel. The only thing I would suggest is to get a room away from the sports bar. They can be noisy. Otherwise great room. The sink and vanity are outside the bathroom which is nice when you're sharing with a friend. This hotel also has history since it was originally owned by some astronauts from the early days of space exploration. They have a sign by the HEATED pool about it. I was moving to the area, so after my friend left, I went and got a hotel that was cheaper. Big mistake! I was back the next night for a week while I looked for an apartment. If I ever have to stay at a hotel again for any reason, I'm going to stay here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie N
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 23, 2012

An old looking hotel (once owned by the Mercury Seven astronauts!) it was the most modest LQ we stayed in. The room we had (ground floor near the pool) was fine though. We were here to visit KSC and stayed for 3 nights. What can we say? Value for money and a LQ style breakfast which isn't going to win any awards but hits the spot when you get there hungry.

1 Thank MandNGould