“Great Hotel, great service, free parking & shuttle”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Atlantic City
“Great Hotel, great service, free parking & shuttle”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach last week. We came in a day and half early before our cruise left from Port Canaveral so that we could see the sites. The reservation counter was managed by some of the best customer service reps I have ever encountered. They provided great advice and were always happy to see us. We stay at Hampton Inns for the early breakfast and good locations. This Hampton was no exception. They are located about 15 minutes from Kennedy Space Center and 10 minutes from the Port Canaveral cruise ships. Another part of our decision to stay here was that we could park our car for free on their lot while we were away on the cruise. They also provide shuttle service to the pier and back to the hotel for $10 pp round trip. A great value. They had a nice mineral pool ouside. But we did not have time to use it. I would recommend this hotel and will use it again. Dave, NJ

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here 1 night on our way to Miami on September 30, 2010. The location is great located at 3425 N Atlantic Ave next to the Marriott Courtyard in Cocoa Beach, Fl. and is convenient to attractions, the beach, and restaurants. Service was good and the beds comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a good selection and delicious make it yourself waffles. We have stayed at scores of Hampton Inns before, because they are generally a good value, with good beds, and consistently high standards of cleanliness, keeping their brand up to date and in good repair. However, the room we stayed in had a dirty carpet, the moldings and trim on the furniture was damaged and missing, and the bathroom was filthy with black moldy grout on the floor tile. And ants were crawling in the bathroom. We made sure we wore slippers or shoes in the room and set our luggage on the dresser, not the carpet. The bathroom was so gross we didn't dare take a bath. Last year we stayed in the Marriott Courtyard nest door, and enjoyed our stay. It is the same owner, so the condition of the rooms at the Hampton was a real surprise to us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, November 20, 2010
Dear akupupule, My name is Tom Williamson, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. I'd like to thank you for your feedback about our hotel, especially our hot breakfast. I have written you for clarification on your concerns about the room you stayed in during your visit. We have an on going program of deep cleaning and preventative maintenance and I would like to insure that we have not overlooked that particular room, either prior to, or since your stay,in our execution of our program. I also manage the hotel next door to which you refer, and our same high standards are expected and adhered to at both hotels. Please rest assured that your comments will be acted upon, and again, I look forward to hearing from you. Feedback such as yours helps us keep our hotels in the top condition that all of our guests expect.
Thank you.
Salisbury, Dorset, England
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had a great stay here and the location is great, we had a lovely sea view from our balcony. The beds (2 queens) were extremely comfortable and the room clean. The staff are amazing here, so friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very good indeed. It was also great value for money. Highly recommended.

Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed one night at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. Staff was very hospitable and welcoming. The room was very comfortable, with the sink contained in the bathroom, which was great--unlike some hotels with only the toilet and shower in the "bathroom", and the sink exposed to the rest of the hotel room. All the public areas were extremely clean, well decorated and comfortable. View of the ocean from the balcony, although the hotel is not directly on the oceanfront. Complimentary breakfast was awesome. We'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This was my second trip to this hotel. It is a fantastic place to stay the night before a cruise from Port Canaveral (for $10 per person, you can leave your vehicle and take a shuttle). On this latest trip, my teenage niece and sister-in-law were going with me. Very bad experience at the Port... my sister-in-law could not board the ship due to problems with her birth certificate. I booked her back into this hotel as she and my brother insisted that I take their teenage daughter on the cruise and leave her. When I called and talked to the manager to make the arrangements (my sister-in-law doesn't have a credit card) the manager was SUPER nice. She gave Angie a bottle of wine and went out of her way to cheer Angie up and make sure she had a great time in Cocoa Beach while her daughter and I were in the Bahamas. I WILL ALWAYS USE THIS HOTEL WHEN IN THE AREA!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Louisville, ky
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Cocoa Beach on a whim, usually we plan ahead and rent a condo. We simply packed the car and drove. We checked on trip advisor on different hotels at Cocoa Beach, based on location, price, ammenities and of course reviews. We decided on Hampton . Check in was a breeze, we planned on only staying 3 nights and maybe moving on, we were given an a great rate on a room with an ocean view that overlooks their pool on the sixth floor equipped with a fridge, microwave, with several sitting chairs and wifi. We stayed 3 more nights and were given the same rate. The pool was fantastic, lined with coconut palms and landscaped, with easy access to the beach. We would definitely return to Hampton.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay one last night that was on the beach and yet close to Orlando so that we could get there quickly the next day for our flight and we were very happy to find this gem. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. We got a great rate (and No resort fee which we had been charged in several FL hotels)--the room was clean, bright, had a balcony overlooking both the pool and we could see much of the beach (easy walking distance to the beach). They had a fitness room, laundromat, and a FREE hot breakfast. The pool was heated and it was open till 11pm. They even had a computer area so we could check in and print our baording passes free of charge! We were so impressed with this find that we made a promise we would go back!