“THE BEST DEAL IN COCOA BEACH... BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY STAFF, I LOVE IT HERE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“THE BEST DEAL IN COCOA BEACH... BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY STAFF, I LOVE IT HERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

Ive been vacationing to Cocoa Beach for years-- we usually try a different hotel every year. After this year, I am SOLD. What a deal. To have a balcony, be literally on the beach ith private access, POOL, AND get free breakfast daily.. I couldnt ask for more. The hotel was lovely and lways had fabulous recmmendations. They remembered our NAMES when we walked through the door. What a treasure this hotel is. I'm staying here from now on.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I come to Cocoa Beach 4 to 6 times per year to visit our daughter and her family. Over the years we have stayed in every hotel in Cocoa Beach, but after this past weekend, we confirmed again what we have known for many years; the Hampton Inn is the best place to stay in Cocoa Beach. In short; clean, updated rooms, great ocean views (on the higher floors), very good free breakfast, but most importantly, the friendliest service we get anywhere we travel.

Thank you to Margie, Terri and Arthur for making our latest stay a great one. We'll see you next time.

- A & M
- Columbus, Oh

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed in the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach Florida during the first week of June, 2010. I’ve stayed in hotels all over the world and I have never seen such a commitment to excellence.

It began at check-in. We were welcomed and assigned a room despite the fact that we were at least seven hours early. Denis, the desk clerk, realized that we drove all night to begin our vacation as soon as possible. Denis immediately checked us in our room. This one act that was not expected or necessary made an impression on me and my family.

Our room was clean and, and during our seven night stay, housekeeping did a fantastic job cleaning our room while respecting our privacy. The swimming pool was clean and the pool area was maintained to a high standard. Beach access was acceptable considering the hotel’s odd placement.

Breakfast each morning was a delight. Having stayed in many Hampton Inns, and other Hilton Properties, I was highly impressed with the high standards during breakfast and the courtesy that was given by the breakfast crew.

My children were treated with a high level of respect and delight. And the staff saw to our every need. I thank-you for making this a better vacation than I expected.

Bill Marion

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Cape Coral Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

The hotel was nice - lovely pool and nice stroll to beach. The room had a nice balcony with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. The room was advertised as have Queen size beds but I believe them to be double beds. Some in our party found the beds very uncomfortable - in fact my husband slept on the floor. The others thought the beds wer ok. It was a 50-50 split on the opinions for the beds. We stayed there because we wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center. The hotel was convenient to beach and KSC. There was a Microwave and small frig. Clean and quiet even though the hotel was full. The breakfast was fresh and nice- waffles - toasts- hot eggs and cereals. Verh pleasant stay! Look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank babs3609
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

This hotel is just wonderful - the rooms are clean, beautiful just what you expect when you stay at a Hampton Inn. The fridge/microwave is great. The staff is very customer service oriented. We are yearly Disney Cruisers, we always stay at THIS HOTEL before our embarkment. Very close to the beach, as short walk to the water. Love the onsite pool - they use environment friendly chemicals ! Stay on the ocean side of the hotel, as the balcony view is picture perfect. The location is great, close to the shopping on Atlantic Ave ! You also recieve discounts at the Ron Jon Surf Shop during your stay with room key. We return there every year - and look forward to it !

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitewitch63
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I hate that the rooms have a motion sensor in them which turns off the air conditioner when you are not in the room or do not move around enough. This makes the room hot and swampy when you first check in, come back after being out of the room a while, or while you sleep. Absolute and total hostility towards the guest. Unconscionable, and after one night I was ready to not ever stay here again.

But a call to maintenance the first night had them turn the motion sensor off (which allowed the air conditioner to work properly). Then the maids turned the motion sensor back on the next day (disabling the air conditioner). There is nothing so awful like having to call for a maintenance person at 11pm -- after having worked a 12 hour day and just wanting to get to sleep -- to fix something the hotel had purposefully broken. So I had to wait an additional 15 minutes to get that sensor turned off again -- 15 minutes I could have been sleeping. Really lousy, and I hope the hotel management understands that this is an unacceptable way to treat their guests. They kept the motion sensor off after the rest of my stay, after my second request to do so..

That said, the staff are all very friendly and helpful, if not able to do the right thing due to management's bad ideas. The room was kept very clean and tidy by the daily maid service, and the common areas were similarly neat. The walls and floors seemed to be thick enough to damp out any neighbor noises. The bed was very comfortable. The two together led to a good night's sleep every one of my eight nights. So that's why I still rate it highly after all the motion sensor nonsense.

The breakfast was generally good, though got old after a couple of mornings. More variety and more fresh fruit would be appreciated. Wireless internet worked well. Plenty of parking. Close to beach for some daily exercise. Lots of nearby things to do in spare hours.

Despite the nonsense with the motion detector, I would probably stay here again. That was the only real problem. They need to fix that so that the guest never even has to request they turn it off. If I have to request it twice next time, they will permanently lose a customer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

As long as you don't book your room expecting world-class accomodations, this hotel was everything we hoped for and more. The little walk-way to the beach wasn't too long. The hotel staff were extremely helpful. The room was in good condition. The pool area had plenty of lounge chairs. The hot breakfast bar was more than sufficient. I would totally recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice weekend get-away at the beach.

I would also highly recommend "Florida's Seafood" restaurant, right along the Cocoa Beach Causeway. We expected it to be a tourist trap with sub-par food, but were very pleasently surprised. The decor was over-the-top touristy, but the food was incredible and the prices were great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple