“Nice, quiet stay”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My stay this time around met my expectations. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The desk clerk informed me of what hours complimentary breakfast would be served. I received a room on a higher floor per my online request. The room was clean and quiet. I always like to book a beachside hotel when I have business in Orlando the next day and drive back to Orlando the next morning. Overall, a great experience. I will continue to use this hotel when business takes me this way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Upon checkin, my husband and I were greeted by Tina. She was so friendly and helpful. We came to Cocoa Beach to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary with family. However, on our first night, we were to be alone and asked Tina if she could suggest a good restaurant near the hotel. She suggested Brano's Italian restaurant which was literally within walking distance. Being Italians from NY, we were a little skeptical about eating Italian food on Cocoa Beach. However, we were so pleasantly surprised. The food and ambiance was fantastic and the Osso Buco as good as any I have tasted in NY. When Tina learned it was our anniversary, she immediately upgraded our room to the 5th floor with a beautiful view of the beach. She also had a bottle of wine and chocolate sent to our room...complimentary. Such a nice touch. We will not forget the hospitality shown to us by the staff at the Hampton Inn and will definitely stay here again! We will highly recommend this hotel to our friends and family. The room was immaculate, the bedding clean and comfortable and the rates are so reasonable. The complimentary breakfast is also a bonus! Thanks again..especially to Tina who really helped make our trip more special!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary Ann M
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Mostly your typical Hampton Inn. The facilities are reasonably close to the beach (easy walk). There is a mineral pool, so they don't need to use chlorine. Breakfast below average for your average Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Eighth floor gives nice ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Hakeedude,

Thanks for your kind comments about our mineral pool. Our guests love it as it doesn't have that harsh chlorine feel or smell and is easy on your eyes as well. I apologize if you found our breakfast not to your liking. We offer our breakfast per Hampton standards with various choices daily for pastries, cereal, hot food, juice, coffee, yogurt, etc, and of course, those great waffles.

Thanks so much for staying with us.

Tom Williamson, General Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Complimentary breakfast was very disappointing and did not measure up to my expectations based on stays at other Hampton Inn locations. The rooms were clean but you could see that maintenance work was required to restore room interior floors and walls ... Furnishings were acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Carlton S,

Thanks for your comments about our clean rooms and furnishings. I apologize if you didn't find our breakfast buffet to your liking. We offer the free Hampton Inn breakfast per Hampton Inn standards, which includes multiple choices daily of pastries, bread, muffins, cereals, juices, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot foods, assorted coffee and tea, hot chocolate, and of course our very popular waffles. I'm sorry if you found it lacking in any way.
Thanks so much for staying with us.

Tom Williamson, General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for, clean, fun, and beautiful. The staff was very friendly and the ocean is just down a sandy path from the hotel, things to do are all over, up and down Atlantic ave. walking distance. Free daily breakfast, it was yummy and had a great variety of choices to pick from. The pool was big, nice and refreshing we had a blast. MY kids and I had the time of our lives. WE'LL BE BACK, Cocoa Beach Hampton!
Linda from Minnesota

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda E
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you are cruising- this is the deal to book This hotel is in a good location at Cocoa beach, within walking distance to beach, Ron Jon's and activities. We booked the package; getting picked up at MCO to hotel, Overnight stay, Shuttle to the Cruise ship, and on return of the cruise a shuttle to MCO airport. The shuttle service was excellent, nice transportation and drivers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie E
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had wrote a review before concerning my familys stay during the week of July 14-20 regarding missing wallet and money from 1 of our rooms. After speaking with multiple members of the staff regarding this,well we really got nowhere and management said they do not beleive any member of the housekeeping staff would be involved in something like that. Well,regarding that,I received a letter from the Cocoa Beach police dept saying they had found some items that had my sons name on them. Long story short,I called the police dept and was informed that som of my sons items where found on hotel property by a member of the staff. Good news,my sons drivers license,library card and student ID was returned,but no wallet,ss card,cash was found. The police dept mailed these items back to me. Let me just say that we have stayed at the hotel many many times and had never had an issue,until this time. The hotel is amazing,location great and its so nice that you can use neighboring hotels resturant,pool etc. Just sad that a situation like this can leave a bas taste in your mouth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family