“Great People Poor Hotel..”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Reno for "The Perfect Mix Lobby" ..yup. Lobby looks great ....problem is we don't sleep in the beautiful lobby. Rooms are not clean, old, tired and my wife would not stay in this hotel. This WHOLE place needs a major reno, we stay in Hamptons a lot when we travel, this place should have the Hampton name removed for falling below standards...The only saving grace is the people really tried to help us. They where very nice.

Room Tip: Go to The Courtyard across the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Earl M
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Earl M,

Thanks for your kind words about our friendly and helpful staff. Needless to say, I am disappointed that your were not satisfied with your stay. Please accept my sincere apology. Our guest rooms were renovated about 2 years ago, complete with new furniture, carpet, paint, and bedding. I appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff to ensure the quality experience expected by each of our guests in achieved.

Tom Williamson

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great hotel, great view. Close to the beach, breakfast was great. When I checked in I told them I was going to pay cash. They said I had to put down a credit card. iIleft them at home and all I had was my debt. I told them I had cash and was told I had to use my debt. I asked if it would be charged and was told no. Well it was even though I paid cash and my car payment went through so it made me a $30 fee from the bank for not having enough $$. The hold on my account made it look as though I was short. If I would have been told my sister would have put her card down, but I was told it would not be charged. We used this hotel for precruise, it was awesome and I would recommened this place as it is clean and friendly, but still ticked it cost me $30 extra because they lied to me.

Room Tip: High rooms have the best view. When I left my room I could see the ship in the distance.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear ljslight,

I'm glad that you enjoyed our hotel so much and appreciate your kind words about our hotel, location, and breakfast. I apologize that the use of a debit card was not properly explained to you. We should have explained what happens when a debit card is used, which is different than how a credit card is processed. I will make sure all of our front desk agents are re-trained to explain the difference. I hope to meet you on your next visit to our hotel.
Thanks very much,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to this hotel a number of times over the past 5 years & have always enjoyed it very much. Margie, the manager we deal with has been exceptionally helpful & very accomodating. While we were there this year & last year, Wanda the housekeeper that looked after our room could not have been any better, making us feel right at home & almost like family. While looking for an area to see Dolphins, one of the maintenance men, Cory took the time to write out the directions & also explain exactly how to get to the location. Again we very much enjoyed our stay & are looking forward to returning next year for our winter getaway.

Room Tip: You are able to see the ocean from any rooms on the fourth floor & above.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Bob S,

Thanks so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I appreciate the fact that you are a repeat guest, that speaks volumes about how much you enjoy our hotel. Margie, Wanda and Cory's guest service are typical of our efforts to do everything it takes to make our guest's experience as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to hosting you again.

Thanks very much,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the fly snooze and cruise package. My review starts before I even arrive in Florida.

I have to say that the lady who answered the phone...i wrote her name down somewhere.....lets just say I have mixed emotions about her. I called on a friday and she basically told me she was too busy to talk to me right now... honest to god that is what she told me and told me to call back on monday ... I was trying to set up my transportation from the airport to the hotel... I called back the following Monday and spoke to Margie and She was soo helpful and polite!!!

Upon arrival at the hotel the gentleman at guest services was very helpful and polite and gave us great suggestions for dinner and etc...

The Room... lets just say its dated...and had a slight odor to it.. NO LIE.. it smelled like wet carpet... It was three of us...and we all smelled it.. I decided to spray some room spray while we were gone and since the spray was so concentrated ( Bath & Body Works) the smell was covered up.. There were also yellow stickies on each bed telling us that the sheets and covers were clean for us..

Also the way this hampton inn is set up is like a motel with outside entrance to the room...and then another door leading to the balcony with a view of the pool.

The rooms include free wifi , parking and free hot breakfast... I have to say the lady who was restocking the food area needs to find another job... one where she doesn't have to interact with people. I swear she was just not a people person.. Her name was Kathy and I called her name several times to ask if there was any salt and pepper and she ignored me... finally a fellow guest gave me some of her black pepper....

I have to say that i was very disappointed in this Hilton Brand Hotel. I have to say that I will probably pick another hotel to stay in when I am taking a cruise.. or just in the area....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MZPASTRYCHEF,

Thanks so much for your kind words about Margie and our front desk agent when you arrived. I apologize for the unfortunate experience you had when you first called out hotel. While our upper floors do have exterior hallways, our first floor is interior and secured with a key required for entry into the hotel. I hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Cocoa Beach.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location with beach access to a nice part of the beach. Would stay again. Before buying beach toys, check the pool storage at the sister hotel. Guests have left a lot of toys behind. Pools are saltwater. If arriving on a weekend, cruise passengers will all be leaving at the same time in the a.m. so be aware of a busy breakfast area, or go early.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear garonky,

Thanks so much for your kind words about your stay, and for noticing that we keep beach toys for kids visiting the beach. I also appreciate you noticing that we have a naturally chlorinated pool through the use of a saline system which is much gentler on the skin and eyes, with no chlorine odor.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good-location! A nice walk to the beach over a boardwalk. The beach is beautiful seems very safe. There is a place to wash your feet outside of the pool area as you walk back. Chairs, umbrella can be rented but very pricey.
The room wasn't too bad- dated, cranky old air conditioning unit. The bed way ok. The coach was very weird- vinyl covering and not comfortable at all. We did havea nice balcony and even on the third floor, it wasn't bad. Two chairs and small table are provided. Nice to be able to just chill out after a long day.
The bathroom is another story- the bathtub was scratched up and the walls had weird black marks all over them. The shower curtain was so short and nasty, we couldn't keep water off the floor.
The bathroom amenities- ahem..what amenities? For two days we only received a 1/2 oz of shampoo and a tiny sliver of soap for the two of us-No replacements when we came back, just the same used sliver of soap and shampoo... pack your own or go to the Walgreens nearby. Pathetic.
Breakfast- OK, there was food, if you could get to it. Keep this in mind: Disney Cruise. Imagine all the hyped up kids swarming the food. Parent's are on vacation mode. Mix this in with senior citizens. Twice, I watched as kids bumped food out of the hands of the older folks because parental supervision did not exist.
Kids run down the outer walkway yelling and slamming doors. Bring earplugs.
Overall, would we do it again? Yes, since we used Hilton points and didn't have to pay for it. If we had to pay full price, no way.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rasoprano

Dear rasoprano,

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and nice walk to the beach. Also, thanks for your compliments about our private balconies, a feature our guests truly enjoy. I will speak to our executive housekeeper about your lack of amenities, that is not our typical service level and I will make sure it is corrected. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to our area.

Best Regards,
Tom Williamson,General Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Busy hotel with lots of cruise line guests. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Cocoa beach is a friendly town with lots of good restaurants. The beach is as nice as west coast and lots less hectic.

• Stayed: February 2013