“Friendly Staff and Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
boston
“Friendly Staff and Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Usually we stay in full service hotels, but last minute this was the only place available. The room was clean and well appointed, staff friendly and helpful. Internet was smoking fast. The hotel had beach access, nice breakfast in am. Great place to stay precruise. Plenty of parking, pool looked inviting.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexandra k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Got hooked on Hampton Inn after staying in one in Clinton Tennessee during this trip. This one is older and the staff while good, weren't as accomodating as the first one. Location is great, breakfast was great. Pool area clean but opens a little late. This hotel is busy and consequently a bit noisy. It's also hard to get a non full elevator. But it's a great deal for the price.

Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Upon check in staff was disingenuous, and it seemed I was inconvenienced them upon my arrival & what surprised me was that the lady checking me in is supposed to be assistant general manager. When I got to my room, it smelled and I found dirty clothing in the drawer. When I called the housekeeping office to let the lady know about the situation she was very rude and also unprofessional. I have stayed here in the past and it was pleasant enough, but after this experience with the "heads" of staff I will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rita H
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Rita H,

I appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay. It is through such feedback that we improve. I apologize for the poor attitude you received, it is not reflective of our typical level of guest service, as evidenced by your complimentary post regarding our great staff last March, and our Trip Advisor ranking in Cocoa Beach. Please accept my most sincere apology.

Tom Williamson
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at the Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn for one night and park/cruise. Convenient for people cruising from Port Canaveral. No issue with vehicle upon return. Staff was friendly and helpful. A short walk to the beach.In saying this, people with mobility issues would find the walk a little far.This is an older hotel, which has been remodelled and the doors are on the outside of the hotel. Typical Hampton Inn beds and amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sauk Village, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My family of 4 adults needed accommodations for just one night before our cruise. At first I searched all over for a bugdet friendly hotel close to the Orlando Airport, as I planned on taking the cruise shuttles to get to the port.

When I could not find what I was looking for near the airport I decided to look for a hotel closer to port canaveral. I settled on the Hampton Inn because it offered what I was looking for overall: (1) large rooms (2) near port canaveral (3) shuttle service to the port from the hotel (4) near things to do (5) free breakfast.

Now about my experience. My family and I took a taxi from the airport. The one way ride cost $128.00 (rounding up the change and including the sur charge and toll). It took about 40 minutes to get to our hotel from MCO.

The hotel is located on a main street in Cocoa Beach, FL. I loved the large clean lobby. At check in we found the front desk staff to be friendly and very accommodating. We arrived a few hours early for check in, and yet the staff made sure we were comfortable while we waited. They even got us checked into a room well before actual check in time. Our room was on the 5th floor and offered a balcony with an ocean view. The bathroom had double sinks, which was great for my family of four. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Being that we were without transportation, it was convenient for us to walk the neighborhood to restaurants and stores. FYI. .. I highly recommend the Thai restaurant 1-1/2 block from the hotel. The food is fabulous. With half a day to spend, before our cruise, we did not lack for things to do in the area.

In the evening the Hampton Inn offered delicious fresh baked cookies. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the cruise lines for $6.00 per person one way. It is recommended to arrange and pay for the shuttle during your check in. On the morning of our cruise departure the hotel staff made it effortless to get to the cruise lines. We were also allowed to board the cruise ship early because we stayed at a local hotel. Now that was the big whoopie. We were enjoying ourselves on the cruise ship Lido deck well before the masses of people boarded the ship.

Big thumbs up for my overall experience at this Hampton Inn.

4 Thank BevCredelle
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a great experience with the staff and the hotel on general. The room was clean and spacious, as was the overall facility. The staff was responsive and friendly, and the coffee bar was a great treat as it was chilly while we were there. The free breakfast was delicious and nice and hot. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Enjoyed our stay there very much. Staff was VERY friendly. The free breakfast in the moring was great. Waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins, eggs, home fries, bagels, yogurt, cereal and more.

The room was spacious and the bed was wonderful! The pillows were great!

Agree with other reviews...if you want an ocean view ask for the top floor.

Pool was also wonderful. Heated and no chlorine. Pleanty of chairs to lounge in and towels also available close by.

My boyfriends favorite part about the hotel had to be the free, freshly made cookies at the front desk every night. Get there early though....they go quick!

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Beach access just a 2 minute walk away and lighted at night.

Location was central to everything. Dining and shopping all close by.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. If you want quiet ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple