“Great location, some updates, needs more work”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in October on the tail end of a trip to visit that famous mouse. We had a room with an ocean view, and it really indeed was an ocean view! The lobby has recently been renovated and is very nice. Great breakfast, nice pool, easy walk to the beach. There have been some updates done to the rooms, like new TV's, and adding refrigerators and microwaves to each room. However, the carpet needs replacing, the a/c unit needs cleaning or replacing (smells musty when it runs), and the bathroom is pitifully outdated. New floor, vanity, the whole works needs to be done to make it up to par of other Hamptons. It's obviously an older building, and the humid, salt air are showing their presence on the door frames - that's expected. But the ceramic tile floor in the bathroom needs to be redone at minimum. Bathroom fixtures and such are just old. We had a good stay, beds were comfortable, and had an enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the ocean view. You won't be sorry.
1  Thank cy1229
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear cy1229,

We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed the great ocean view and complimentary breakfast. We will take your comments about the additional room updates under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us the next time you hang out with Mickey.

Thanks very much,
Tom Williamson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just want to say that my husband has been doing business trips to Cocoa Beach for about five months now, he stays at the Hampton Inn each time because they really do a great job of meeting any requirements he has. I have visited there a few times and every time I go the hotel is clean, breakfast is nice. The staff is very nice and even when I am at home and call in to speak to my husband they are always very nice and courteous.
Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Our favorite is on the eighth floor, 817 is great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear debra420,

I really appreciate your kind words about our staff and our hotel. I am glad you and your husband feel so at home. Also, thanks for your compliments of our hot breakfast, and overall hotel cleanliness. I hope I get a chance to meet you on one of your visits.

Thanks so much,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

As usual Hampton Inns try very hard to accommodate their guests, this one was no different. Staff is very attentive and cordial.There are some renovations being done in the lobby. Tear and wear from hotels close to the beach is normal, however You can tell they are keeping up with the hotel's common areas. Our bed was really comfortable, and the air conditioner worked perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Maryann Tampa,

Thanks for your kind words about our Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. I'm glad you found our beds so comfortable and that you noticed our upkeep of the hotel. The lobby refresh is complete, including soft seating, a community table, large screen tv, and new business center. I hope you will make it over to the east coast soon and check it out.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here with other family members for a local wedding. I chose this hotel after reading other reviews and I was very pleased. The lobby and breakfast rooms were under construction but the hotel handled the construction beautifully. The swimming pool is a mineral pool with lots of chairs and towels close by. The hotel also had a bin of sand toys for use by hotel guests. You had to walk down a boardwalk to reach the beach. The beach was not crowded and was very clean. I spent two hours each morning walking the beach. The air conditioner in our two rooms were old and needed to be updated. You were either too cold or to hot. It was hard to get the room to a correct temperature. Our ocean view rooms were really partial ocean view rooms. If I needed something for my room, the staff was quick to supply the item. The staff always greeted us and did not ignore us. You felt welcomed at this hotel!

Dear SandyTO,

Thanks for your kind words about our Hampton Inn. I am glad you noticed our mineral pool, no harsh chlorine feel or odor, but the same chlorine content, made naturally. Thanks also for mentioning how much you enjoyed our staff and that you felt so welcome. The good news is that our lobby refresh is complete and open. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Thanks very much,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My friends and I stayed here one night before our cruise on the Carnival Dream, and had a pleasant stay. We were given ocean view rooms ( nice view ) and the rooms althought slightly dated, were still nice and comfy. They are not up to typical Hampton standards, meaning the beds seemed a bit softer and not the typical Hampton beds which are normally quite comfy. It's a beach area, so the layout and scheme is "beachy" but not bad. I'm just used to a more professional type of Hampton. However, the front desk personnel was extremely helpful. friendly, and very thorough with how we handle the parking for the cruise, etc. Everything was very orderly from parking, transportation, and pick up. I was very pleased with their service.

I could not give the hotel a 5 because its in the middle of a massive remodel, so the lobby area and common areas were in shambles. But the rooms were fine, the employees were great, and the proximity to everything was good as well. I would definitely stay here again. They also had a nice little path right to the beach that was great.

Room Tip: Florida Seafood Restaurant, just a couple miles away was FANTASTIC !! Don't let the outside or...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear taprennoc,

Thanks for your kind words about our Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. I am glad you chose our Park and Cruise Package and that you were pleased with our handling of it . Our lobby refresh is now complete, so hopefully on your next visit you will rate us a 5.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel have the most friendly helpful attentive staff I have ever seen. Every request I had was quickly resolved. Bravo to the management of this hotel for such a job well done. They welcomed me as returning loyal customer. This hotel has their act together and know how to treat their guests.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear gbfoodreviewer,

Thanks for your overwhelmingly positive response about our hotel and our staff. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of our hotel. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Thanks very much!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last week during a family vacation, and were pleased with the Hampton Inn. It is about 300 yards or so from the beach via a walkway, very convenient. The beach in this area was not crowded the entire time were were there, and it is within walking distance to the pier. We were able to clearly see the lauch from the cape from the beach, and probably could have seen it from outside our front door!

My only complaint--- the carpet was a little bit dirty...

The breakfast was great, and it looks like it will be really nice once they are through with the renovations. The hostess in the breakfast area was extremely gracious.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.

Dear Mollie F,

How great that you were able to witness a launch during your stay at our Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach! I appreciate your compliments of our breakfast and our breakfast hostess. Our lobby refresh is now complete and very popular. Also, our carpets have all recently been cleaned, as they are multiple times a year, and I think you will find them to your liking. I hope you will return to our area and will choose to stay with us again.

Thanks so much,