“Nice Staff...Just OK”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had stayed at this Hampton 6 years ago and was highly dissappointed compared to our last stay. The hotel has not been updated at all and is really begining to show its age. We stayed in a two bed oceanview room on a high floor and the view was amazing. The beds are not the above average Hampton beds. They were very uncomfortable, also the air conditioning was horrid. The breakfast was also not the above par Hampton breakfast. It was OK but just average. If you read the reviews most of the people that rave about this hotel are in for only one night for a cruise..and to me it seems that this is what this hotel caters to now not the long term vacationers, also because of this parking is bad when the hotel is not that full because the cruise people can leave their cars there. This is an OK place to stay for one night but not long term.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Mommab_9:

Thank you for your review. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are currently undergoing renovations on the lobby and breakfast area. Hopefully, you can return after the renovations and enjoy a nice stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning the amazing view of the ocean from your balcony. We are proud of our beautiful views all the way around to the Banana River, Port Canaveral, the cruise ships and the ocean.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

booked the Fly, Snooze & Cruise package.....Check in was easy and the employees were outstanding!!! stayed on the 5th floor for one night. Short walk to the beach.....Breakfast employees were also outstanding!!!!! We enjoyed our stay! At check out we mentioned to the clerk the ac was leaking and needed attention....She credited our room !!! We just wanted her to know there was a problem..........Nice suprise!! Thanks again!!!!!!! Bed was comfortable, shower had the extended rod which was super nice! Nice balcony with 2 chairs and small table.....room was clean!

1  Thank ready4vegas72

Dear ready4vegas72:

Thank you for your great review. I am happy to hear that the staff was outstanding at checkin. breakfast and checkout. We are very convenient to Port Canaveral and happy you used the Fly, Snooze& Cruise Package. Thank you for mentioning the comfortable bed, clean room, super shower and the balcony for lounging.

We hope you come back again after our renovations.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights over a busy labor day weekend. The hotel was an older, semi-exterior corridor property that was showing some wear and tear from being near the beach. The rooms and breakfast were adequate, but the elevators were horribly slow. One of the three elevators is cut off between 8am-3pm for the housekeeping staff, so you should expect to wait a while. Parking is also interesting here, they roped off a bunch of spaces during the day, presumably to keep locals from parking there. Also, beware that the pool is fairly small and basically sitting in the parking lot.

Overall, the stay was okay, but I'm surprised this property is a Hampton. I would expect a lower tier flag. Its one advantage is its a 50 yard walk to one of the nicer beaches in the US.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for view, but be prepared to wait on an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear SPman00:

Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have three elevators and they operate all day everday with the exception of closing for maintenance. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience.

As you mentioned in your survey, we are a short walk to one of the nicer beaches in the US. We hope that you will come back again when our lobby and breakfast renovations are completed.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I called to ask for a king bed rather than 2 queens in my room (I WAS ALONE), WAS NOT accommodated. Then i arrived after driving 2 hrs, working 12 hrs & found no parking. I checked in & asked the gentleman about the pool & a hot tub. I was told there was NO hot tub & but the pool was heated. I was truly disappointed about the hot tub, i needed to soak my sore working body, but w/ a warm pool all was not lost. i head to the pool & i find the pool like ICE CUBES! i called the front desk the next day, TINA said the pool is at 82 deg. I told her my teeth were chattering, she checked on it & found an issue due to construction & said she would get it fixed asap. she also informed me we have access to the hot tub next door! i was happy, yet APPALLED! i told her the gentleman failed to let me know about this upon check in & i specifically asked about a hot tub! i was glad to have access next door. she also sent an apology package to my room. she was truly a doll and cared about my experience!! the breakfast staff are VERY nice :) construction going on ruined the over all experience and the rooms are out dated. i also came in to find sticky notes letting me know the sheets are clean... classy! beds are comfy, towels needs softer BADLY!!

Room Tip: balcony & ocean view :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear JKrys827:

Thank you for your reivew. I am very happy to hear that Tina did her best to compensate for your disappointment from the night before. Our first floor lobby and breakfast area renovations are on schedule and we look forward to the beautiful new space in a few weeks. I am happy to hear that your bed was comfortable.

I hope you will return to have a great experience with us.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here with a friend for one night. Requested a room on a high floor and got a room on the top floor! Awesome! Check in clerks were super friendly. The room was clean and beds were comfy. This is an older Hampton Inn I believe so there were some dings on the wall here and there but nothing to ruin our stay. The pool area is clean and well kept. Only complaint I had was that breakfast was hectic and crowded. There was no where to sit when we got down there so we took our breakfast back up to our room. There is a Waffle House next door and a Taco Bell/Long John Silvers. Would definitely stay again!

Just a note. All rooms here are on the same side of the building "face the ocean." You'll only see the ocean if you're on one of the higher floors but they all face the same direction. There are no rooms that overlook the parking lot. You'll either see the water or overlook the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear RockChickX51:

Thanks for a great review. Our location and views are Awesome as you said. As you said, all of our rooms have a nice view, either the pool or the ocean. On the front hallway side, we have great views of the Banana River and Port Canaveral and the cruise ships when they are in port.

Thanks for mentioning our super friendly check in clerks. We are getting a facelift and hopefully you can return and enjoy our new space.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach for 2 nights. Our view was amazing. We had an "oceanview king room" with sleeper sofa, desk etc. It came with a little refrigerator and microwave. It has a quite nice balcony which consists of 2 chairs and a small table inbetween.
Everyone and I mean everyone that works here was amazing. Professional and very friendly. They could not do enough to help us. Despite having work done(some construction) in the breakfast area, this Hampton thought of everything for their guests, by moving it to a conference room right around the corner. Kathy & Wanda did a top notch job by ensuring all guests were happy with the arrangements and continued to refill any food item that needed replenishing. This is just one example of this hotel's hospitality. There was so much food, delicious hot foods and cold. All yummy and a big enough selection for the pickiest of guests from age one to one hundred. The hot coffees and teas which are out for the guests 24/7 are always hot and delicious. Oh yes and how can I forget fresh baked cookies come out for guests at 5:30 each night! After taking a swim in the pool one evening, it felt so great sipping on a cup of their cinnamon apple tea. How relaxing and what a great topping to a wonderful day. I witnessed Meg an assistant to a general manager ask a guest if she could help carry her ice cooler, the guest was so pleased. I called her over and asked if she was a manager and found out who Meg was. She answered our questions and couldn't be nicer. Deby and Jessica at the front desk were awesome. Even the female associate (sorry don't know her name) who I watched change out the garbage bags in the breakfast area, looked up at me with a big smile on her face.She was knee deep in garbage, yet smiled a warm smile. I love this place. We were there a month ago for my niece's wedding on the beach and took a chance with this hotel. Well, (obviously) I couldn't wait to go back. I also highly recommend eating at Florida's Seafood on SR820. Awesome food! Well that's my review, I hope all who reads this review goes to this Hampton Inn and enjoys their rest and relaxation just like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanview, my cost a few dollars more but it's worth it. Don't forget to look out th...
1  Thank L M

Dear L M:

Wow! What a wonderful review. As you stated in your review, our views of the ocean, river, Port Canaveral and the cruise ships are amazing. Thank you for mentioning Kathy & Wanda in the breakfast area, my Executive Administrative Assistant, Meg, Deby and Jessica at the front desk and the kindness they showed to you and our other guests.

It is great to hear how you enjoyed the hot and cold items on our extensive breakfast. Our renovations on the lobby and breakfast area will be completed soon. I hope that you will come back and enjoy our new remodeled space soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms seemed a bit outdated, but the customer service was excellent! Everyone who worked at the front desk was very helpful and had great suggestions for things to do in the area, they also had free cookies at night! The hotel is very close to the beach, the pool was nice and you have access to the pool of the courtyard marriott next door. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William A

Dear William A:

Thank you for your great review. Our remodeling project is on schedule and we look forward to a a new lobby and breakfast area soon. Thank you for noticing that our customer service skills are
excellent. We share the parking lot with our sister property, Courtyard Marriott, and also their pool, hot tub and the Bistro with the lounge.

We look forward to your next stay.