“Fit the bill”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just a short note. Five of us stayed here one night before getting on a Disney cruise. This is the usual excellent Hampton Inn. Rooms were clean. The did forget the extra pillows and towels I requested online and over the phone. Breakfast area was large and well stocked. Pool area was nice too. Was kinda surprised that the hallways were outside but it made no difference in the quality of the stay. Rate was a bit steep but considering the location I can't complain in the least. Would use this hetel again if in the area.

1  Thank X-NJ
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear X-NJ:

Wow! An almost perfect score.... Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and breakfast. We are very convenient to the cruise terminals.

I hope your cruise was great too. Please come back soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family stayed here only one night, because we were going on a cruise out of port canaveral. The beach is very close so we were able to go there before the cruise. The hotel is also very close to rental car places, which can help you get to the cruise ship. Another thing that is close by is Ron John Surf shop. You can also leave your car at the hotel while you go on the cruise. They will also shuttle you to the cruise ship but I believe that is an extra charge. We got our shuttle through Budget rental cars and they gave us a ride for free, because we rented through them. Although we only stayed here one night for a pit stop, we would definitely stay here again even for a week. The rooms were really nice and the hotel seems pretty new. The pool is nice and big. There is a hotel right next to it and you are able to use their pool as well. The beach is nice and relaxing and is in walking distance. They also have a place that you can rinse your feet off after getting off of the beach. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank soccerbandit10

Dear Soccerbandit10:

Thanks for the nice write-up about our hotel and the surrounding. We do have a lot of guests that are staying for the cruises. We have a package rate that includes transportation for one and additional charge per person; Fly, Snooze & Cruise and Park and Cruise. We are very conveniently located about 4 miles to the cruise terminals and walking distance to Ron Jons and other dining and shopping.

Thanks again and come back soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Hampton was terrific when we arrived at 10 a.m. and I couldn't believe they agreed to allow our friends to have their room as it was ready. Ours wasn't but they told us they would get it ready asap. Service! We went off to a recommended restaurant (felt that might have been a place that gives them bonuses for recommendations) that wasn't bad. The elevators open to a glass sided room that leads to the exterior walkway to your rooms. Ocean view on one side, intercoastal waterway is on the balcony side, or vice a versa. The location is a short distance to the beach. Tropical Storm Debbie kept the weather from being nice but again the hotel was clean and pleasant. We played games in the lobby and the hotel staff was great about us just hanging out (no real choices I guess). Breakfast was very good, lots of choices, but these women go around and give you candy afterward for breakfast. I felt like it was a pretense for hurrying you along. It was just weird to be honest. We paid $130 a night which I thought wasn't bad for ocean.

Room Tip: We were on the eighth floor and the views were great.

Dear Workingkim:

Thanks for the 5 Star review! It is great that we were able to check one of your rooms in right away. We are conveniently located to many restaurants and shopping. Our private balconies look toward the ocean and the walkway to your room looks at the Banana River. We do have some really nice viewing from the upper floors. We are alwys happy when our guests use the lobby and play games, watch TV and just hang out. We want it to be your lobby.

Thank you again for the great review. Come back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here for three nights and would definitely return!! The hotel and free breakfast was great! Very reasonably priced! Staff (front desk and housekeeping) was wonderful and knowledgeable! We had a very large room with two queen beds and a pull-out sofa, there was plenty of room! We had an ocean view and balcony, beautiful view of the beach/ocean! We were on an end where it was extremely quite and private. Nice, heated pool and a quick 5 minute walk to beach! Stay there if you go to Cocoa Beach, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: For only about $10 more per night ask for an ocean view! Absolutely gorgeous views!
4  Thank tarfam

Dear Tarfam:

What a great review. It is so nice to hear that the housekeeping and front desk staff were so wonderful and knowledgeable. I am glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful ocean view from your balcony. The mineral pool is quite popular and it is always heated to about 80 degrees.

Thank you for the great recommendation. Hope you come back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

As with all Hampton Inns this one is great. Good access to a great beach and a quick walk back to a heated pool. All rooms have a sea view and balcony and although slightly more expensive than other Hampton Inns it is well worth it. With my wife and son we spent a great 5 nights here and would gladly come again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank stu10100

Dear Stuartwestley:

It is really nice to hear that you, your wife and son had a great vacation with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed the walkway to the beach and the heated pool. All of our balconies have a view but the higher floors have a great view of the ocean and from the outdoor walkway a great view of the Banana River.

We hope you come back and enjoy.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

we stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We visited the Kennedy Space center from here. it was just 20 minutes drive from here.

The beach (100 yards) is perfect and very quit.

Hotel staff was very friendly.

nice pool area.

3  Thank Erik H

Dear Erik H:

We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us here at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. The Kennedy Space Center is just a short distance from here and makes a really nice outing. I am glad you were able to enjoy the beach and the pool also. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff being very friendly.

Thank you for the great review. I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member so in looking at Cocoa Beach for smoking rooms this Hampton Inn was my choice. I love Hampton's and have stayed in many. I can only compare this Hampton to others.

GOOD: Price was reasonable. Chose a King room with sofa bed and balcony for $139. The room was spacious. Didn't really need the couch but I wanted the space. Because I am a smoker I was delegated to a 4th floor room which I can see the ocean if I look really hard. Anything above me would have a great view. The pool is nice with a shower available to get sand off. Lots of towels available poolside. Wonderful breakfast area and decent choices. Great Hilton bedding and towels! Room is basically clean (but read further). Huge two-person-friendly bathroom (i.e. double sinks).

OK, BUT...WELL: Balcony is nice, but does the back of the A/C unit really need to blow it's 150 degree exhaust out there? Coffee maker? Yes. A nice 4 cup brewer? No. A teeny-weenie 1 cup generic brand instant/pod thing. Not the nice ones, just a tea-bag looking thing and a one cup hot water brewer. Plenty of coffee in the lobby though. I always wanted to run down there in my bra and panties to grab a cup of coffee to show why they need proper room brewers. Direct TV is living up to its bad name. Poor reception the first two nights, lost channels and trouble with landing on a station

DISAPPOINTED: A room update is in order, but I suppose if they do that it would be a full non-smoking hotel. The carpet is oldish. The cups are paper and plastic. Used my sanitizing wipes to take care of dirty door handles, locks, light switches and surrounding door/plate. Pretty amazing at what was visibly removed. Sanitizing has to be in the forefront of housekeepers minds.
Also, no wonder tourists go back and say how humid it is in Florida! Because of the outdoor hallway leading to the rooms and the lack of weather stripping on the room door there is a huge gap under and around 3/4 of the perimeter of the door. Could see lights around it at night when dark in my room. I couldn't get over what a great amount of heat came through that closed door! The A/C basically runs all the time because it just can't keep up. The entire room is humid. I live in FL and my home is not damp and humid. Additionally, I was afraid lizard friends might get in. Funny, when I asked the lady upon check-out why my bill wasn't slid under my door for quicker check-out, she said they couldn't because of the weather stripping! Ha! It would have fit in the door gap just fine!

TIPS: If you use the cruise only guests as your guide in reviews you'll be misled if you are staying a few days or more. This Hampton got it's excellent rating (4.5 stars) due to the abundance of cruise guests who stay one night and breakfast. While I am sure they DO have a great cruise guest offer don't let that be your judge and jury. The walk to the beach is rather long after 3 or 4 times a day carrying a beach chair and a bag for several days. There are no restrooms on the beach, so when there for the day you'll need to return to the hotel a few times. Regardless of what anyone tells you, the following is NOT within comfortable strolling distance: 7-11, Dairy Queen, Ron Jon's or the Pier. The hotel sits on a 4 lane road with a center turning lane with heavy traffic going 45 mph. There is no pedestrian friendly crosswalks or traffic lights nearby. 7-11 is across this busy street. Not me! The only place I would recommend walking to is next door to the Courtyard Hotel. There is an overpriced Bistro restauranty thing Hampton guests may use as well as their pool. Oh and speaking of their pool- there is nothing SPECIAL about their pool as other reviewers make one think. It's a pool with tons of trees/foliage so only 3/4 of the pool deck gets sun. It does have a Jacuzzi spa. Also the pool chairs are more comfortable, but I stayed put at the Hampton pool to get a tan. Jazzyz Mainely Lobster is the best tasting food I had while there. Search Google and Tripadvisor for it. If you go into Merritt Island (about 6 miles away) there are some upper end chain restaurants- Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn etc. Buy your drink of choice at ABC liquor down the street. The hotel wine/beer is expensive. There are little to no shells however the beach is clean.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are 4th floor only. Best views are from floors 5-8. I was in 418 and still had a view...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Buckeye460:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct, our best views are floors 5 thru 8. Our balconies are quite popular because of the beautiful views. Nice that you enjoyed the mineral pool, the abundance of pool towels and the shower to wash off the sand. Our breakfast is more generous than most and we usually get rave reviews.

I will address the issues with light switch plates, door handles, etc. with our executive housekeeper.

We are exactly 1/4 mile to route 520, the intersection after Ron Jons, there are several restaurants and shopping between our hotel and route 520. There are stop lights along the way going north for easy crossing.

The mineral pool at the Hampton Inn is heated to 80 degrees and has sunshine around it all day. However, our sister property, the Courtyard by Marriott, has shaded shaded areas and they also have a hot tub for those who enjoy soaking.

Hope you come back and enjoy both properties again.