“Great Hotel, very friendly staff, nice rooms...”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We arrived early at the hotel and were promptly checked in. Artur served us at the Reception and he was extremely helpful. Artur is the reason I like Hamptons so much, always great service and super friendly.
This is also a great pre-cruise hotel where you can leave your car and travel to/from the cruise terminal for $10 return per person in a shuttle arranged by the hotel. If you were to leave your car at the terminal it will cost around $110 for the week, take the shuttle and save $60 !!! (that's six margaritas on board :-)
The pool area at the hotel is beautiful and it is a two minute walk to the beach. Pool towels are plentiful and the hotel even provides beach umbrellas and beach mats.
The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are a good size with double vanities. There is a fridge and microwave, really good cold air cons as well as a large private balcony with chairs and a table overlooking to pool and ocean.
The lobby and breakfast area is very large and there are three fast lifts servicing the building, never waited long for a lift.
Brekky and wifi is free here, wifi is fast, even when hotel is full.
Overall, a great hotel in a great location with great service at a value for money price.
Stay here for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank TarinJohn
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We found the room to be excellent, clean, generous in size, with double sinks in the bathroom, and a nice balcony to view the spectacular sunrise and sunsets. Every room has a view of the oceanside and an easy access beachwalk for guests, as well as plenty of shower heads to wash the sand off your feet before entering the hotel pool area. Pool area was clean and very well-maintained. Someone was out first thing every morning to spray everything and make sure it was all neat and clean.

It wasn't crowded when we were there, which was especially nice. The weather was perfect and the hotel staff was always courteous and helpful.

Nice to have microwave and fridge, although my husband wanted to have seafood fresh from the ocean, and so we went out to eat for dinner each day - after spending the mornings and afternoons at the beach and the pool.

Rooms were well-insulated and quiet. I liked having ocean/pool view on one side - with the view of the other hotel and the street traffic/shops on the other side. Laundry was a nice feature for a beach trip.

This has to be one of the best relaxing trips I've had in a while - and I'm a loyal fan of Hampton Inns simply for their great beds and extra pillows.

Thanks Hampton/Cocoa Beach! You are fabulous and we hope to return soon! :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TNBookwoman
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here while visiting family. Rooms are of the basic style and clean. Pool was nice size and a walkway took you directly to the beach. There were floats and chairs available at the pool to use (assuming what has been left by travelers) there or at the beach. Breakfast was nice with different main dishes changing each day. You can also walk next door (maybe 100 yards) to the hotel next door and enjoy a drink at their bar.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank nycbig8487
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I would actually give 3.5 stars. It's basically a high-end motel. This was a good place to stay for one night before our cruise. We were 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 5) and I booked a larger room with a sofabed. When we arrived, we were told that there were no more rooms like that (even though I reserved a couple weeks before) and the place was at capacity. This hotel was literally bursting at the seams with many families/kids. The reception staff was friendly and nice. They apologized for the mixup and gave us regular room (with a rollaway bed) on a high floor with a view. Also, they gave us a reduced rate but only when we asked for it. The beds were clean and comfortable and the kids were able to squeeze on the rollaway bed. The carpets felt a bit grimy so I would advise to keep your flip flops on. Breakfast was standard hotel buffet fare but it was cool to make your own waffles. Overall, no complaints for such a short stay. It's close to restaurants and the cruise terminals and a good deal for the price!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yabutravels
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel was built at an angle, so just about any room above the 2nd/3rd floor have a view of the ocean. We extended our stay 2 nights without any trouble. The front desk staff was very polite and accommodating. Close to shopping and lots of good eating!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CSquared11
Reviewed August 23, 2011

For the last weekend of my 3 week trip to Florida, my family and I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach. I hadn't been to Cocoa for many years, so it was a great chance to go back there.

We arrived at the hotel Friday around 1PM, and they had a room ready for us on the 7th floor (there are 8 floors). Due to the hotel being near the Kennedy Space Center, there is some space-themed stuff throughout the hotel.

The room was very nice. It was the cleanest hotel room I've seen at a beach hotel, although the carpet felt a tad damp, but it wasn't bad. There is a nice private deck for each room, and we had a great view of the ocean. There is a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and an flat screen HDTV in the room. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout the hotel, and the connection speed was fast. I got around 6mbps download speed, and about 1mbps upload speed during my stay. One thing I noticed was the abundance of outlets the room had. This is good because nowadays most people have tons of things that need to get plugged in. I was happy there were many outlets.

The pool was very nice and comfortable. There is a Courtyard nextdoor, and you can actually use their pool instead. The reason is because the hotels are owned by the same person. The only big difference is the Hampton pool gets more sunlight, vs the Courtyard pool is more shady. The Hampton pool is a mineral/saline pool, which supposedly is better for you and the pool than chlorine. The hotel plays music at the pool, as well as in the elevator. The music wasn't too loud, and I didn't notice it too much.

To get to the beach, you go down a private path (for the 2 hotels) and the beach is on the other side. The beach of course was wonderful, and the weather happened to stay nice for our trip.

There are many things to do around the hotel. Ron Jon Surf Shop is down the street, and we visited there. There are also many places to eat within walking or driving distance of the hotel.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, as the hotel is clean and it is a good value!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 511nathann
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Disclosure: Traveled for work during a high demand event and am Hilton Honors status.

Due to overbooking, I ended up in a handicap accessible room, bottom floor. No big, I can review based on what I had and appreciate the room for what it did not have.
First, the front desk welcomed me, checked me in quickly.
The room was spotless, with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Nice layout for business desk. Wireless worked well. I love love love the fact that the room is insulated enough that I do not hear my neighbors so I could enjoy a restful sleep on the comfy Hilton beds.
I appreciated that the floor space was wide enough to easily accommodate wheelchairs. Thoughtful. Also the closet's clothing rack was situated low ie accessible.
While I understand the bathroom (open shower area with curtain) and the ADA requirement for handrails, I disliked that the sink had no counter space. There was a very small shelf that was low and accessible for a wheelchair, but even someone in a wheelchair and their travelling companions like a little more counter space in the bathroom. The hair dryer was placed somewhat high on the wall next to the sink which precluded putting any counter space there. Just a thought, Hilton.

Another small nit-please more plugs next to the bed! I like to plug in my smart phone next to my pillow for the alarm. I had to plug it in across the room instead.

The room A/C was going full blast due to the heat and humidity, part of the lovely Florida summer weather. But it worked fine.
Hamptons typically do not offer room service, but since the Marriott property right next door is under the same ownership, you get best of both and can order from the Marriott or just walk across the parking lot and sit in the Marriott lounge and enjoy dinner or drinks or both.
The Hampton breakfast is typical (that is a good thing!): fruit, yoghurt, bagels, eggs, and decent coffee which is offered in urns throughout the day (love that).

Where this property really earned my loyalty is in how it handled a problem with my reservation. I booked a stay through work. I was working for my company, and our event went beautifully. I was ready to head home, and gave 24 hour notice to the Hampton. However, my reservation was a few more days. Because my work had negotiated rates with this property, apparently I was looking at being stuck for the additional days. The manager of the property graciously worked with Hilton Corporate and my company and worked it all out.
First class service.
Because 4.5 stars does not work on TripAdvisor, I’ll just round up to a “5”
Thank you, Hampton Inn.