“Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach: First class customer service, good quality Hampton.”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Altadena, CA
“Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach: First class customer service, good quality Hampton.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Disclosure: Traveled for work during a high demand event and am Hilton Honors status.

Due to overbooking, I ended up in a handicap accessible room, bottom floor. No big, I can review based on what I had and appreciate the room for what it did not have.
First, the front desk welcomed me, checked me in quickly.
The room was spotless, with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Nice layout for business desk. Wireless worked well. I love love love the fact that the room is insulated enough that I do not hear my neighbors so I could enjoy a restful sleep on the comfy Hilton beds.
I appreciated that the floor space was wide enough to easily accommodate wheelchairs. Thoughtful. Also the closet's clothing rack was situated low ie accessible.
While I understand the bathroom (open shower area with curtain) and the ADA requirement for handrails, I disliked that the sink had no counter space. There was a very small shelf that was low and accessible for a wheelchair, but even someone in a wheelchair and their travelling companions like a little more counter space in the bathroom. The hair dryer was placed somewhat high on the wall next to the sink which precluded putting any counter space there. Just a thought, Hilton.

Another small nit-please more plugs next to the bed! I like to plug in my smart phone next to my pillow for the alarm. I had to plug it in across the room instead.

The room A/C was going full blast due to the heat and humidity, part of the lovely Florida summer weather. But it worked fine.
Hamptons typically do not offer room service, but since the Marriott property right next door is under the same ownership, you get best of both and can order from the Marriott or just walk across the parking lot and sit in the Marriott lounge and enjoy dinner or drinks or both.
The Hampton breakfast is typical (that is a good thing!): fruit, yoghurt, bagels, eggs, and decent coffee which is offered in urns throughout the day (love that).

Where this property really earned my loyalty is in how it handled a problem with my reservation. I booked a stay through work. I was working for my company, and our event went beautifully. I was ready to head home, and gave 24 hour notice to the Hampton. However, my reservation was a few more days. Because my work had negotiated rates with this property, apparently I was looking at being stuck for the additional days. The manager of the property graciously worked with Hilton Corporate and my company and worked it all out.
First class service.
Because 4.5 stars does not work on TripAdvisor, I’ll just round up to a “5”
Thank you, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank aswessen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here with another couple for one night prior to cruising. The Hampton Inn has a program that includes shuttles from the airport to the hotel, hotel to the cruise ship, and cruise ship to the airport. This all went very smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised to find the shuttle already at the airport upon our arrival, as they had been tracking our flight. When we returned from our cruise we walked off of the ship early due to an early flight and they were there waiting for us again bright and early. We made our flight in plenty of time. Our package also included breakfast which was very good and served in the dining area off of the lobby. In the afternoon they had coffee and cookies out for guests in the dining area free of charge.
The furniture in the rooms was a bit outdated, but the bed was comfortable enough and the room was clean. Though it was not fancy, it was adequate for a pre-cruise stay, and the rate for one night, breakfast and all the shuttles was excellent. .
There is a nice little pool behind the hotel, and the beach is just a short walk. There were also several nice restaurants within walking distance. Because the cruise terminal is so far from the airport, I would stay here again before a cruise just for the convenience of the shuttle offer. It made cruising out of Port Canaveral stress free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank traveler6376
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked a last minute room at this hotel to watch the last Space Shuttle launch. Needless to say, I paid a very high rate (close to $300 a night). I have to admit, it's difficult to provide a glowing review for a mid-level type hotel at $300 a night, but I definitely understand that there was a lot of demand in the market. The hotel is nice, but has the doors that open to the open air (like a motel), which I really don't like, and as a single female traveler, make me feel a bit insecure. It's an older building with some upgrades. The room itself was fine, and the bedding/linens were great. The room felt very humid the entire time, but part of that is because we're in Florida, but I feel like part of that is because the doors open to the outside. The cleaning service wasn't that great, and I noticed the same small dead bug in my room during my stay there. The free breakfast was good, and the dining area is open and adequate for crowds, which was great. The service at checkin and checkout was friendly and fast. Parking is free and convenient. The hotel is situated on the beach, but is somewhat blocked and doesn't have immediate walk-out access, at least as far as I could tell. Convenient to local restaurants and activities. I noticed laundry rooms on my floor, which I'm sure is convenient for long stays. Family friendly.

Room Tip: You can request an ocean view room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bethrad
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Recently, my wife and I spent another long weekend at the Hampton Inn (Cocoa Beach FL). What a great experience, every time! The staff is outstanding and very professional. The place is kept spotless and after traveling for the Federal Govermnent for 30 years, it is hands- down the finest place I've stayed!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Super location, close to the beach. The room was everything we needed, small frig, balcony with a slight view of the ocean and close to everything that Cocoa offers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Parrish, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Paid for a "beach view" not worth the extra money. On the local news it stated that the area where we stayed "The Pier" had bacteria in the water at the beach. Hotel did not advise us...needless to say we did not visit the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton both pre-cruise and post-cruise, along with a number of other people who were convening on our cruise ship for a conference. We were so pleased, there is no question that we'll be bringing an even larger number of people back next year.

I was most impressed by the staff's warm, personable, can-do attitude--everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast area angel. In addition to taking excellent care of us, I overheard them deal patiently with an angry guest who didn't understand how hotels work. What REALLY delighted me, though, was the way they handled my discovery on the way to the airport that I'd left my phone charging in the lobby. They mailed it out Priority Mail the next day and it arrived in perfect condition. (They had my credit card number, and only charged for postage.)

The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the all-important beds were also comfortable.

The Hampton is a sister property to the Marriott next door, which is a very short walk from the front door to the restaurant. We used room service, which comes from the Marriott but can be billed to your Hampton room, when my husband got sick. Otherwise, there are several restaurants within walking distance. We went to both Taco Bell/Long John Silver's and a Subway. Wendy's isn't too far away either. There is a Publix about a half-mile or so, which could be very helpful before a cruise. (We had planned to buy bottled water at the Publix and put it in our luggage, but instead we just got a couple of large bottles from the on-site store off the Hampton front desk, and refilled them daily on the ship.)

One family in our group arrived after the Marriott's restaurant had already closed, and they were able to buy several frozen meal-type things from the "Suite Shop" and heat them up in the room's microwave.

When we came back after our cruise for our second night's stay, I was amazed to be greeted by name--they (Maureen, specifically) remembered us and had our check-in slip ready!

This hotel is often very full and so the breakfast area is busy and full of people. Not so much as to be a problem, but it's helpful to be aware before you go down to breakfast. They opened a conference room for overflow one morning.

The Hampton uses Travelynx as their port shuttle, and we discovered that is an excellent company for transportation to and from the airport as well. Another impressive outfit.

We couldn't have been more pleased, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple