Wakulla Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Cocoa Beach Suites(Cocoa Beach)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Motel 6 Cocoa Beach(Cocoa Beach)
Econo Lodge(Cocoa Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomtropical gardenseparate bedroomsmain buildingpool areacloser to the beachshort walkfree shuttlespring breakking bedfamily vacationbeach accessbeach sidenice poolbeds were comfortablewasilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed at the Wakulla for 17 nights from August 24th to September 10th, 2010 and enjoyed my stay very much! The rooms are just awesome. Spacious with two bedrooms and a full kitchen, they easily fit four people. The staff was very courteous and friendly from the time I arrived to the time I left. When I needed something from them it was done within 10 minutes of my call.

My room was in the back courtyard area of the hotel on the second floor (just as I requested when I made the reservation back in July) which, according to the hotel's website, is the most quiet area and that really is true. Not once was I awakened by any noise from the street or other hotel guests. The rooms are well insulated so no noise could be heard from neighboring rooms or the street (except for the garbage truck at 10AM). The beds are comfortable and make for a good night's sleep. The fridge in the kitchen is great, it'll keep your beverages nice and (ice-)cold.

The room itself was very clean. Not once did I see a single bug. The cleaning staff cleaned thoroughly and vacuumed every day so the beach sand that was carried into the room during the day was gone the next.

The location of the hotel is great. Even with the rooms that aren't in the beachside building, the distance to the beach is minor. it's a short 1 to 2 minute walk from all the rooms of the hotel to the beach. The street you have to cross isn't a busy one either, since it's a dead end leading to a gated building next door. Though I did not have a direct beach view from my room, once I stepped out onto the walkway outside of the room I could see the beach (and the beautiful sunrises) from there.

There is no restaurant at the hotel itself but there are a lot of restaurants within walking distance as well as grocery stores and two 7eleven. So if you get hungry you can easily head to one of the restaurants or go grab some food at one of the grocery stores and cook up something in the room's kitchen. The hotel offers free wireless internet (which admittedly got a bit slow on the labor day weekend because the hotel was fully booked and a lot of people were using it) so if you have a laptop with you or own a smartphone check the internet (google maps for example) for restaurants near you.

If I'm in need of a hotel in this area again I'll definitely check for available rooms at the Wakulla first. A great hotel at a great price!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Flying_Phil1982
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Wakulla Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

We appreciate and value your comments. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

This motel would be OK for college kids who were too drunk to care. Nasty disgusting carpet, it was embarrassing to tell anyone that you are there.
I was too grossed out to use the cloudy crowded pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just to note...Upon arrival we tried to check out of this hotel and into many of the surrounding hotels but nothing was available for the weekend. We were in Cocoa for my son's birthday and decided to try and stay for him and make the best of a very bad situation. I now want to warn other families about this place so they do not make the same mistake I made when reserving this hotel.

I would prefer to give this place no stars.
This hotel was gross and dirty...inside and out!
Ashtrays lined the outdoor window sills.
Cheap plastic chairs were filled with adults smoking and drinking beer. This hotel is "family friendly" if your idea of a vacation is to "party hard" while your kids run freely down the hall all hours of the day and night.
No way would I or my family swim in the pool...need I say more?
Room was horrible. Dirty carpet peeling away from the wall. Floors were black with dirt. I have stayed at beach hotels before and I understand it may be hard to keep them spotless but this was unacceptable.
If you visit the Wakulla's website the photos look great and very inviting. Please be aware this is NOT the hotel that it appears to be in photos.

I will be posting photos of our actual room so I encourage you to take a look before you decide to book a room at this dump!

4  Thank Baybeblue

Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is our second trip to this hotel and we like it very much. We traveled with two other families - a total of 6 adults and 9 kids. The best feature of this hotel is the room/apartment. It is very comfortable-two bedrooms, kitchen, living room and spacious closets. Yes, the decor is dated but it is clean. This is not a place to expect Ritz carlton finishes but practical and functional accommodations. I prefer to have a room on the second floor towards the back of the property. It is quieter. The rooms on the first floor get a lot of foot traffic and noise. One thing that I noted different from two years ago, is the preference of a security guard. The pool closed at 11pm and the security guard made sure that it got cleared out.
If you want a real quiet place, this is not the place for you. But if you want a place where your kids can enjoy themselves and not have to whisper, then this is perfect for you.
The beach is close and now you can rent two chairs and an umbrella for $15 a day. Which I thought was a good deal.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I read all T.A. reviews, and while quite varied, I have to say that they are each accurate to a point. There were definitely roaches (actually Palmetto bugs, which are BIGGER), but as a Floridian I am familiar with these. My issue was that Housekeeping ignored them!! Requests for other items from housekeeping were also ignored.

We followed one reviewer's advise to stay in room 506. This is the closest to the ocean (literally yards from the beach), and our request was honored on short notice. However, the foot traffic outside of the room was heavy with tourists headed to the beach, which required us to keep the curtains closed. Room 512 was above us: no traffic and a great view of the ocean.

We never visited the main motel complex nor the pool, but I did hear people complaining about the lack of chairs and parking. The bedding was better than expected- decent sheets, duvets in lieu of polyester coverlets, and ample pillows, some down. Kitchen amenities were very basic, but it was better than no kitchen at all!

As a side note, we struggled to find ANYWHERE to eat. There was a great pizza place (Venice Pizza) a few blocks away and a barbeque and burger place called Slow & Low, which was packed.

In summary, if you lower your expectations, they will be met. If space (2 bedrms, kitchen, dining area, living rm) and location (on the beach) are your priorities and you MUST stay in Cocoa Beach, this motel could work for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback. This resort has recently gained new ownership. We hope that you return again to see what we have to offer.