“A Hidden Jewel on the Atlantic Side of Florida”
Review of South Beach Inn

and 1 more site!
South Beach Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We have stayed at the South Beach Inn on 3 separate occassions for long-term 1 month stays on each visit. We usually stay from March to April.

The on-site Managers Patti, Marsha along with Rick and Randy were very accommodating to our needs and were just awesome! They went to great efforts to make sure our stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one. Yes, some rooms were in need of updating - either the bed or appliances but we have noticed that on recent stays, the upkeep has improved significantly over the past few years.

The rooms are spacious, clean and have all the amenities one would expect. The property is "old Florida" which makes it extra special and unque in so many ways.

There are some wonderful long-term residents who stay at the South Beach and whom we have gotten to know well and with whom we will always be friends.

We especially love the fact that the South Beach Inn is Pet Friendly. We can take our dog with us and she just loves the adventure...beautiful grounds for pets, children and adults alike.

We look forward to again returning to the South Beach Inn next year..... keep up the great work Dave, Sandy, Patti, Marsha, Rick and Randy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Montward

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at this pet friendly Motel ON THE BEACH! Beautiful grounds! Great Deck, Great Breezes and stunning Sunrises! Saw the review from the unhappy non pet friendly visitor. Advise. IF you dont like pets stay somewhere else. I didnt bring a pet. found Room clean and nice. its an older motel -jut the kind my Mom and I love. she loved the breeze and sitting in adarondike chairs! Thanks Theresa and managers for a nice stay! Suz

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank SuzannesPastels
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My Family and I had a great time here, its cute and cozy steps from the beach and the best pet friendly place i've ever been to even our dog loved it... we will be returning! Great staff very helpful good size rooms, a fully equipped kitchen just bring your food or you can go out to one of the near by restaurants. Patty at the front desk was great in fitting us in at the last moment (Thanks for that)... Like I said I will come back here time and again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jalopgarc70
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I love this place!!!! The room was a 4 stars quality hotel room with home away from home feeling. The staff was great and they had a wonderful customer service. It was clean, quiet, safe and family friendly place. I like that this hotel is a pet friendly hotel, because our pets are family too. It has a great view of the beach; with a perfect walk entrance into the beach. Plus, this hotel has wireless service for free, I can work from my laptop with the beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean. It was like being in paradise without all of the traveling and cost!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jules8088
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I planned a birthday gathering for my boyfriend and had family and friends to come and celebrate it at the patio area in South Beach Inn this past May and the staff was out of their way to make sure I had everything that I needed. The staff was very pleasant and courteous with my family and guests. The hotel faces the ocean which is a BIG plus that every guest that was invited, had decided to stay the night at the hotel . I enjoyed staying at this hotel because the staff makes me feel at home and welcomes me with a smile. In addition, I brought my dog to stay with me for the weekend and I usually don't take him unless I trust the place. And definitely, this hotel I felt confident to take my dog and everyone was welcoming "Milo" and made him feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nio1576
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The South Beach Inn is a quaint, pet friendly, family hotel. The service is personal and I was most impressed with their level of interest in the quality of my stay. We traveled to Cocoa to shoot a live internet tv show on remote location and the staff went out of their way to ensure my team had great rooms and everything we needed to do the job. Aside from this they allowed us to bring our pets which made this business trip a semi leisure trip as well!

The rooms are small but very clean and have a kitchen, fridge, microwave, tv and fold out sofa for your guests if sharing a room. Every suite faces a great grassy area with grill and lots of chairs all facing the ocean. The rear deck is right on the beach with a fire pit within feet of the hotel providing a great smores opportunity for us!

We chose South Beach Inn because it has wireless internet access and it is off the beaten path in Cocoa providing a more intimate feel. On a personal note I was injured on the beach while swimming and sprained my ankle threatening my show. When i got back to the hotel IMMEDIATELY Randy found me a cane, Teresa and Marsha made sure I was comfortable and offered to get me anything I needed to make me feel better, and they made sure I had a great spot within feet of my room to broadcast from so that I would not injure myself and every employee asked at some point how I was. It really made me realize what a quality spot this is.
I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a more isolated, intimate rest spot that still has the amenities. There is no pool but it makes you go out to the ocean and enjoy nature instead. There is no gym but it makes you take long walks on the beach. The rates are great but the staff are its best amenity. Thanks South Beach Inn for letting us do our show and moreover for being such a great addition to Cocoa's already fun spots!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank DJ_Wildstyle
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This is a one of the best places we stayed during our Florida trip. The hotel is located just near the ocean. The beach is empty and beautiful. The hotel area is accomodated with a summerhouse and a few places to watch the ocean. The hotel doesn't provide a breakfast, but there are kitchens in the rooms so you can prepare food by yourselves.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple